Unthinkable but true, the majority of drivers have remained with the same insurance company for a minimum of four years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared rates from other carriers. The average driver in the United States could save approximately $850 every year, but they feel it’s too difficult to compare rates.
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get cheaper car insurance rates in Aurora is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from different companies in Colorado.
Step 1: Learn about how companies set rates and the things you can control to prevent rate increases. Many rating factors that drive up the price like at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a poor credit rating can be eliminated by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
Step 2: Compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates and see if there is a cheaper rate in Aurora. If you can save some money, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
Step 4: Give notification to your agent or company to cancel your current policy and submit payment and a signed application to your new insurance company. When you receive it, keep your new certificate of insurance somewhere easily accessible.
An important part of this process is that you use similar limits and deductibles on every quote and and to look at as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this provides an accurate price comparison and many rates to choose from.
If you have coverage now, you will definitely be able to find better prices using the techniques presented in this article. Buying the cheapest auto insurance in Aurora is quite easy if you know the best way to do it. But Colorado car owners should learn how the larger insurance companies set your policy premium and apply this information to your search.
When comparing car insurance rates, know that more quotes increases your odds of finding the best price.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer quotes in Aurora, CO. To find cheap auto insurance in Aurora, CO, we recommend you click on several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Reduce your insurance rates with discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t list all available discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the following is a list of a few of the more well known and the more hidden credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Aurora car insurance online.
- Paper-free Discount – A handful of insurance companies will give a small break simply for signing on the internet.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Successfully completing a class that teaches defensive driver techniques could possibly earn you a 5% discount depending on where you live.
- College Student Discount – Any of your kids living away from Aurora attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle could get you a discount.
- Drivers Education – Teen drivers should enroll and complete driver’s education if offered at their school.
- Government Employee Discount – Federal government employees could qualify for a slight premium decrease with select insurance companies.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Options like air bags or automatic seat belts can get savings of 20% or more.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Insuring primary and secondary vehicles with the same insurance company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents can save as much as half off their rates compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
Don’t be surprised that most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Most only cut specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So when the math indicates you can get free auto insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way.
A few of the larger companies and their possible discounts are outlined below.
- American Family may have discounts that include mySafetyValet, bundled insurance, defensive driver, Steer into Savings, early bird, TimeAway discount, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm has discounts for defensive driving training, Steer Clear safe driver discount, accident-free, good student, safe vehicle, multiple policy, and student away at school.
- 21st Century has savings for homeowners, early bird, 55 and older, teen driver, anti-lock brakes, and theft prevention.
- Travelers discounts include good student, continuous insurance, payment discounts, home ownership, IntelliDrive, driver training, and save driver.
- GEICO may include discounts for defensive driver, seat belt use, good student, anti-theft, and multi-policy.
Before purchasing a policy, check with all companies you are considering to apply every possible discount. Some credits might not be available to policyholders in Aurora. To see companies who offer online Ford Freestar insurance quotes in Colorado, click here to view.
Insurance Price Influencing Factors
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the things that come into play when calculating your premiums. When consumers understand what impacts premium levels, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can earn you much lower annual insurance costs.
- Teenagers are high risk – Mature drivers have been proven to be more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents, and usually have better credit. Teen drivers have been known to be inattentive in a vehicle therefore auto insurance rates are much higher.
- No policy lapses saves money – Not maintaining insurance can get your license suspended and your next policy will cost more because you let your insurance expire. And not only will your rates increase, not being able to provide proof of insurance may earn you a steep fine or even jail time. You may then have to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Colorado department of motor vehicles.
- Alarms and GPS tracking lowers rates – Purchasing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can help bring down rates. Theft prevention devices like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all hinder car theft and help bring rates down.
- Do you have enough liability insurance? – The liability section of your policy is the protection when a court rules you are at fault for an accident. It will provide legal defense coverage to defend your case. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Cheaper rates with high physical damage deductibles – Insurance for physical damage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. Examples of covered claims are colliding with a building, flood damage, and rolling your vehicle. The deductibles you choose are the amount of money you are required to pay if the claim is covered. The more of the claim you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the better rate you will receive.
- Policy add-ons add up – Insurance companies have many extra coverages that may not really be needed on your auto insurance policy. Add-on coverages like roadside assistance, accident forgiveness, and extra equipment coverage could be just wasting money. These may sound like a good investment at first, but if you’ve never needed them in the past remove them and pocket the money.
Are insurance agencies of importance?
Some people still like to sit down and talk to an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. One of the benefits of getting online price quotes is the fact that drivers can get cheaper car insurance rates and also buy local. Buying insurance from neighborhood agents is important particularly in Aurora.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your insurance data is submitted to local insurance agents in Aurora who will give you bids for your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to contact an agency since rate quotes are delivered directly to you. It’s the lowest rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you have a need to get a comparison quote for a specific company, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
If you prefer to buy auto insurance from a local Aurora insurance agency, it’s helpful to know the types of insurance agents and how they are slightly different. Aurora agents can either be independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Independent insurance agents do not sell for just one brand and that allows them to write policies with many different companies and get the cheapest rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, an independent agent can move your coverage and you can keep the same agent. If you are comparing auto insurance prices, you definitely need to compare prices from a few independent agents in order to compare the most rates.
The following are independent agencies in Aurora that may be able to give you pricing information.
A Complete Auto Insurance Agency
543 Sable Blvd – Aurora, CO 80011 – (303) 650-0060 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can only write with one company like State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. They generally cannot compare rates from other companies so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on sales techniques which can be an advantage.
The following are exclusive insurance agencies in Aurora that are able to give rate quotes.
Picking the best insurance agency needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price quote. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Is there a local claims center in Aurora?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
Your situation helps dictate your coverage
Always remember that when buying your policy for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a one-size-fits-all type of policy. You are unique and your car insurance should be unique as well.
For instance, these questions could help you determine if you might need professional guidance.
- Do I need special coverage while pulling a rented trailer?
- What are good deductibles for a Ford Freestar?
- Does rental coverage apply when I am renting a car?
- Which companies are cheaper for teen drivers?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- Are my custom wheels covered?
- What policy terms are available?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Compare but don’t skimp
Affordable Ford Freestar insurance in Aurora is possible from both online companies and with local Aurora insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best rate selection. A few companies do not provide the ability to get quotes online and usually these smaller providers only sell through independent agents.
When you buy Aurora car insurance online, it’s a bad idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. There are too many instances where drivers have reduced collision coverage and learned later that it was a big mistake. Your goal should be to get the best coverage possible for the lowest cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
For more information, take a look at the following helpful articles:
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for a Jeep Wrangler in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Aurora Car Insurance for College Students? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Aurora Car Insurance for a Subaru Outback? (FAQ)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)