Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that about 70% of customers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for at least four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared rate quotes at all. Many consumers in Aurora could pocket 35% a year, but most tend to underestimate the rate savings if they switch to a new company.
It takes a little time, but the best way to get low-cost Hyundai Accent insurance in Aurora is to regularly compare quotes from insurance carriers in Colorado.
Step 1: Gain an understanding of individual coverages and the measures you can control to keep rates in check. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates such as high-risk driving behaviors and poor credit history can be eliminated by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Later in this article we will cover more information to help prevent costly coverage and find overlooked discounts.
Step 2: Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers. Get quotes now
Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your current policy premium to see if cheaper Accent coverage is available in Aurora. If you can save money and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
Step 4: Provide proper notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your existing policy. Submit a down payment and signed policy application to the new company. As soon as coverage is bound, safely store the certificate verifying coverage in an easily accessible location.
A valuable tip to remember is that you use identical coverage information on each quote request and to quote with as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this ensures a level playing field and the best price selection.
Locating the most cost-effective car insurance policy in Aurora is not that difficult as long as you know where to start. Just about every vehicle owner who shops around for car insurance will probably be able to reduce their rates. Although Colorado consumers must know the way companies market insurance on the web and apply this information to your search.
How to shop Hyundai Accent insurance online
When comparison shopping, getting more free quotes will increase your chances of finding the best price. Some companies don’t provide Aurora Accent insurance quotes online, so it’s important to compare price estimates on coverage from those companies, too.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide quotes in Colorado. To locate the cheapest auto insurance in Aurora, CO, it’s a good idea that you get rates from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Insurance protects more than just your car
Despite the potentially high cost of Hyundai Accent insurance, insuring your vehicle may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability protection in order to drive the car. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Hyundai Accent has a loan, more than likely the lender will have a requirement that you have physical damage coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may buy a policy for your Hyundai at a much higher premium rate and require you to reimburse them for it.
- Insurance preserves not only your car but also your financial assets. It will also reimburse you for most medical and hospital costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially when you need to use it. Unknowingly, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $850 per year so compare rates every year to make sure the price is not too high.
Hyundai Accent insurance charts and tables
The coverage table displayed next highlights a range of policy rates for Hyundai Accent models. Understanding more about how insurance policy rates are determined can help customers make smart choices when choosing a car insurance company.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Accent Blue 2-Dr Hatchback||$120||$232||$304||$18||$92||$766||$64|
|Accent GS 2-Dr Hatchback||$142||$282||$304||$18||$92||$838||$70|
|Accent GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$142||$332||$404||$24||$122||$1,024||$85|
|Accent SE 2-Dr Hatchback||$162||$382||$304||$18||$92||$958||$80|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Rate information does not factor in specific garaging location which can revise premium rates greatly.
Hyundai Accent insurance premiums by gender
The diagram below compares Hyundai Accent premium costs for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on no claims or violations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no other discounts are factored in.
Should you buy full coverage?
The chart below shows the difference between Hyundai Accent auto insurance rates when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The data is based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are factored in.
When to stop paying for full coverage
There is no definitive guideline of when to stop paying for comp and collision coverage, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of having full coverage is about 10% or more of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let’s say your Hyundai Accent book value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, you would only receive $3,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If premium cost is more than $300 a year for full coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are some circumstances where dropping full coverage is not in your best interest. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should keep full coverage.
Do you qualify for discounts on Hyundai Accent insurance in Aurora?
Auto insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but there could be significant discounts that may help make it more affordable. A few discounts will be applied when you purchase, but a few must be asked about before you get the savings.
- Low Miles Discount – Driving less may allow you to get lower auto insurance rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Use Seat Belts – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle up could cut 10% or more on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Defensive Driving Course – Successfully completing a course in driver safety may get you a small discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – When you combine your homeowners and auto insurance with the same company you could earn a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find inexpensive Hyundai Accent insurance in Aurora.
- Own a Home – Simply owning a home can get you a discount because maintaining a house requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Pay Early and Save – If you pay your bill all at once instead of making monthly payments you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Some auto insurance companies give a discount if you purchase a life policy as well.
- Onboard Data Collection – Drivers who elect to allow data collection to monitor their driving habits through the use of a telematics system such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive could see a rate decrease if their driving habits are good.
- Government Employee Discount – Being employed by or retired from a federal job can earn a discount up to 10% depending on your company.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Cut your cost by having your teen driver take driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
Keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Even though the math looks like you could get a free auto insurance policy, it’s just not the way it works.
The example below illustrates the comparison of Hyundai Accent car insurance costs with and without discounts. The data assumes a female driver, no accidents, no driving violations, Colorado state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-car, marriage, and claim-free discounts applied.
If you would like to see a list of companies who offer auto insurance discounts in Aurora, click here.
What insurance coverages do I need?
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing the best auto insurance coverage, there really is not a one-size-fits-all type of policy. You are unique and your auto insurance should be unique as well.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- What is PIP insurance?
- Should I rate my Hyundai Accent as pleasure use or commute?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- How much will a speeding ticket raise my rates?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in Colorado?
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- Does my Hyundai Accent need full coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Which car insurance company is best in Colorado?
Choosing the highest-rated company is hard considering how many companies there are in Aurora. The company information below could help you pick which auto insurers to look at shopping prices with.
Top 10 Aurora Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
- The General
Top 10 Aurora Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Esurance – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+
- The Hartford – A+