The most effective way to find cheaper prices for Fiat 500 insurance is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from providers that insure vehicles in Aurora. Price quotes can be compared by following these steps.
- First, try to understand what coverages are included in your policy and the steps you can take to keep rates down. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates such as multiple speeding tickets and an imperfect credit history can be remedied by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. This article gives additional ideas to help prevent expensive coverage and find available discounts that you may qualify for.
- Second, quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Third, compare the new rates to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper price is available in Aurora. If you find a better price and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
The key aspect of shopping around is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical deductibles and limits on every quote and and to get price estimates from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this enables an accurate price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Unbelievable but true according to a study nearly 70% of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for four years or more, and just under half have never taken the time to shop around. Many consumers in Aurora could save an average of about 35% each year just by shopping around, but they don’t invest the time required to compare rate quotes.
How You Can Control Fiat 500 Insurance Premiums
Many different elements are taken into consideration when pricing auto insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like your driving record, although others are more transparent like your continuous coverage or your vehicle rating. The best way to find cheaper car insurance is to take a look at the rating factors that play a part in calculating the price you pay for car insurance. When you understand what controls the rates you pay, this helps enable you to make changes that could help you find lower rates.
The following are most of the major factors car insurance companies consider when setting your prices.
- Certain occupations raise prices – Do you have a high-stress occupation? Careers like real estate brokers, airline pilots, and stock brokers generally have higher premiums than the average policyholder due to high stress and long work days. On the flip side, careers like professors, athletes and performers get better rates.
- Do you know your deductibles? – The deductibles represent how much money you are willing to pay before your car insurance pays a claim. Physical damage protection, also called ‘full coverage’, is used to repair damage to your car. Examples of covered claims could be colliding with a stationary object, damage from fire, and having a roll-over accident. The larger the amount you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
- Premiums for guys may be higher – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown women are more cautious behind the wheel. However, don’t assume that men are WORSE drivers than women. Males and females cause fender benders in similar percentages, but the men tend to have higher claims. Men also statistically get more serious tickets such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly. Teenage male drivers generally have the highest accident percentage and thus pay the highest rates.
- Lower rates for married couples – Your spouse helps lower the price on your policy. Having a significant other translates into being more financially stable and statistics prove married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- The higher your credit history the lower your premiums – Having a good credit history is a large factor in determining premium rates. Consumers who have excellent credit tend to be better risks to insure than those with lower credit scores. So if your credit score can use some improvement, you could save money insuring your Fiat 500 by improving your rating.
- How’s your driving record? – Only having one driving citation may cause rates to rise forty percent or more. Drivers with clean records get better prices as compared to those with violations. Drivers who have license-revoking violations like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may need to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state in order to keep their license.
- Where you call home is a factor – Living in small towns and rural areas is a positive aspect when buying car insurance. Fewer drivers means a lower chance of having an accident and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. People who live in big cities tend to have congested traffic and much longer commute distances. Longer commute distances means more chance of being in an accident.
- Keep car insurance rates low by being claim-free – Auto insurance companies in Colorado generally give better rates to policyholders who file claims infrequently. If you file a lot of claims you can expect increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Auto insurance is intended for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
Fiat 500 insurance claim data – Companies analyze past claim statistics in order to profitably underwrite each model. Models that statistically have a higher amount or frequency of claims will cost more for specific coverages. The table shown below demonstrates the actual insurance loss data for Fiat 500 vehicles.
For each coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles averaged together is represented as 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 represent a good loss history, while percentage values above 100 indicate more frequent claims or tendency to have higher losses.
Fiat 500 Insurance Claim Statistics Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Fiat 500 72 76 66 96 89 84 Fiat 500 Convertible 76 79 60 85 Fiat 500 Electric 73 59 76 60 Fiat 500L 112 80 102 128 93 97BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Cheap Fiat 500 insurance quotes in Aurora
Companies don’t list every available discount very well, so here is a list some of the best known and the more hidden savings tricks you should be using when you buy Aurora car insurance online.
- Data Collection Discounts – Insureds who allow their company to study driving patterns remotely like Allstate’s Drivewise could possibly reduce rates as long as the data is positive.
- Buy New and Save – Putting car insurance coverage on a new 500 can be considerably cheaper since newer vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Resident Student – Kids who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Aurora and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Military Discounts – Having a deployed family member could trigger a small discount.
- Life Insurance – Car insurance companies who offer life insurance give better premium rates if you take out some life insurance too.
- Student Driver Training – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers successfully complete driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Even though it may seem like adding up those discounts means a free policy, that’s just not realistic.
Larger car insurance companies and the discounts they provide are:
- State Farm may offer discounts for Drive Safe & Save, driver’s education, anti-theft, defensive driving training, safe vehicle, and accident-free.
- Progressive offers discounts including continuous coverage, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, good student, online signing, homeowner, and multi-policy.
- Progressive has savings for good student, continuous coverage, homeowner, online quote discount, and multi-vehicle.
- MetLife offers premium reductions for good student, multi-policy, accident-free, defensive driver, good driver, claim-free
- Farm Bureau policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, good student, safe driver, multi-vehicle, and driver training.
- GEICO may include discounts for multi-policy, federal employee, seat belt use, anti-lock brakes, air bags, and good student.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include teen safe driver, safe driver, anti-lock brakes, teen safety rewards, multi-car, accident prevention training, and bundle discounts.
When getting free Aurora car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to each company or agent how many discounts you can get. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policies everywhere. To view car insurance companies who offer online Fiat 500 insurance quotes in Colorado, follow this link.
One last thing about your coverage
In this article, we covered some good ideas how to find cheap Fiat 500 insurance in Aurora. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Fiat 500 insurance quotes. You may even discover the most savings is with a lesser-known regional company. Smaller companies can often provide lower auto insurance rates in certain areas than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
When searching for cheaper Aurora car insurance quotes, never buy poor coverage just to save money. There are too many instances where an insured dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to discover later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your goal should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Cheaper car insurance in Aurora is possible from both online companies and from local agencies, and you should compare rates from both to have the best selection. A few companies may not offer internet price quotes and these small, regional companies only sell coverage through local independent agencies.
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Hyundai Sonata in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Young Drivers in Aurora? (FAQ)
- How Much are Aurora Auto Insurance Rates for 19 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Aurora Car Insurance for a Subaru Outback? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Camry in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Aurora Auto Insurance for Electric Cars? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a 20 Year Old Male in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for High Mileage Drivers in Aurora? (FAQ)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)