It’s a known fact that insurance companies don’t want policyholders to shop around. Drivers who shop around for cheaper rates will probably move their business because there is a significant possibility of finding coverage at a cheaper rate. A recent survey discovered that consumers who routinely compared quotes saved as much as $70 a month compared to drivers who never compared prices.
If finding the most affordable insurance in Aurora is your ultimate goal, learning the best way to quote and compare car insurance can save time and make the process easier.
To save the most money, the best way to find the cheapest price for Dodge Grand Caravan insurance in Aurora is to start doing a yearly price comparison from insurance carriers who sell insurance in Colorado. Prices can be compared by completing these steps.
- Try to comprehend how car insurance works and the things you can control to keep rates in check. Many rating factors that result in higher prices such as traffic citations, accidents, and your credit history can be rectified by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. This article provides more details to prevent high rates and earn larger discounts.
- Request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the quotes to your current policy to see if cheaper Grand Caravan coverage is available. If you find a lower rate, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide adequate notice to your current company of your intention to cancel your current policy and submit a completed application and payment for the new policy. Once received, safely store the proof of insurance paperwork with the vehicle registration.
A good tip to remember is to try to compare the same amount of coverage on each quote request and and to get price estimates from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this enables the most accurate price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
Buying affordable insurance in Aurora is really quite easy. If you have insurance now, you will be able to reduce the price you pay using the following tips. Drivers just have to use the quickest method to compare different rates instantly.
The auto insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide quotes in Aurora, CO. To buy cheap auto insurance in Aurora, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Detailed insurance information
The rate information below outlines estimates of insurance costs for Dodge Grand Caravan models. Being aware of how car insurance prices are figured can aid in making decisions when shopping your coverage around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Grand Caravan CV||$266||$432||$426||$26||$128||$1,278||$107|
|Grand Caravan SE||$266||$432||$426||$26||$128||$1,278||$107|
|Grand Caravan Hero||$266||$526||$426||$26||$128||$1,372||$114|
|Grand Caravan Crew||$300||$526||$426||$26||$128||$1,406||$117|
|Grand Caravan SXT||$300||$526||$426||$26||$128||$1,406||$117|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-policy. Premium amounts do not factor in specific garaging location which can revise coverage rates considerably.
Does full coverage make sense?
The chart below illustrates the difference between Dodge Grand Caravan insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage. The data assumes a clean driving record, no claims, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to stop buying full coverage
There is no definitive formula for excluding full coverage, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than around 10% of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let’s assume your Dodge Grand Caravan claim settlement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company will settle for is $2,000 after paying your policy deductible. If you are paying in excess of $200 annually for your policy with full coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are some circumstances where removing full coverage is not recommended. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not drop full coverage.
Why Your Insurance Premiums might be higher
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the factors that aid in calculating the price you pay for car insurance. If you have some idea of what determines base rates, this enables informed choices that will entitle you to lower rates.
The list below includes a few of the things car insurance companies consider when setting your prices.
- Adjust comp and collision deductibles and save – Physical damage insurance, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. Some instances where coverage would apply are a broken windshield, damage from fire, or theft. Deductibles for physical damage tell how much you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if the claim is covered. The higher the amount you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the less your company will charge you for insurance.
- Multiple policies with one company can save – Many companies give discounts to buyers that purchase more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, you still need to get quotes from other companies to verify if the discount is saving money. You may still be able to save even more than the discount by buying from different companies
Lower performance equals lower insurance prices – The performance of the car, truck or SUV you need to insure makes a huge difference in determining your rates. Economy passenger models normally have pretty low rates, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
The following data assumes a married male driver age 30, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It shows Dodge Grand Caravan rates compared to other makes and models that have a range of performance rating factors.
- Liability – Your policy’s liability coverage will provide protection in the event that a jury decides you are liable for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. It provides you with a defense in court which can cost a lot. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
Which gender costs less? – Statistics show that females take fewer risks when driving. The data does not necessarily mean that men are WORSE drivers than women. Females and males tend to get into at-fault accidents in similar percentages, but guys cause more damage. Men also tend to get ticketed for serious violations like driving under the influence (DUI).
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Dodge Grand Caravan annual premium costs for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on no claims or violations, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied.
- Urban areas may pay more – Choosing to live in areas with lower population may provide you with better prices when it comes to car insurance. Less people living in that area means less chance of accidents in addition to lower liability claims. Residents of big cities have to deal with more traffic problems and longer commutes to work. Longer commute distances can result in more accidents.
Accidents will cost you – Your driving record has a big impact on rates. Attentive drivers have lower premiums compared to bad drivers. Even a single citation could increase your next policy renewal by twenty percent. People who have license-revoking citations like reckless driving or DUI are required to prove financial responsibility with their state motor vehicle department in order to legally drive a vehicle.
The example below illustrates how traffic citations and fender-benders can drive up Dodge Grand Caravan insurance premiums for each age group. The prices are based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Claims statistics for a Dodge Grand Caravan – Insurance companies use claims history as a tool for profitable underwriting. Models that the statistics show to have increased claim numbers or amounts will have higher premium rates.
The next table illustrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Dodge Grand Caravan vehicles. For each coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles averaged together is equal to 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 imply a favorable loss record, while values that are above 100 point to more losses or statistically larger claims.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Dodge Grand Caravan Models Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Dodge Grand Caravan 79 104 81 108 108 107BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Protect your Dodge vehicle and other assets
Despite the potentially high cost of Dodge Grand Caravan insurance, paying for car insurance is mandatory in Colorado but it also protects more than you think.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, more than likely the lender will have a requirement that you have insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Dodge at an extremely high rate and require you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards both your car and your personal assets. It will also pay for medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially with large liability claims. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is overpaying more than $855 a year so you should quote rates every year to save money.