Do you want to learn how to find low-cost car insurance rates in Aurora, CO? Aurora drivers have a choice when trying to find low-cost Dodge Charger insurance. They can either waste time driving around getting price quotes or use the internet to compare rates.
There are both good and bad ways to compare car insurance rates and you need to know the absolute fastest way to get price quotes on a Dodge and find the best price possible either online or from Aurora insurance agents.
How to shop Dodge Charger insurance online
Reducing your Dodge Charger insurance rates can be surprisingly simple. All you need to do is spend a little time comparing rate quotes to discover which company has the cheapest Dodge Charger rate quotes.
The following companies have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Aurora, CO. If your goal is to find cheap car insurance in Aurora, we recommend you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Insurance coverage analysis
The coverage information below showcases detailed analysis of policy rates for Dodge Charger models. Understanding how insurance quotes are determined helps drivers make smart choices when choosing a car insurance company.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Charger 3.5 AWD||$294||$528||$462||$28||$138||$1,450||$121|
|Charger SXT AWD||$294||$528||$462||$28||$138||$1,450||$121|
|Charger Rallye AWD||$294||$608||$462||$28||$138||$1,530||$128|
|Charger R/T AWD||$324||$608||$462||$28||$138||$1,560||$130|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-policy. Premium costs do not factor in specific location information which can increase or decrease insurance rates noticeably.
Safe drivers pay cheaper rates
The information below demonstrates how citations and at-fault claims can influence Dodge Charger auto insurance rates for different insured age categories. The costs are based on a married male driver, full coverage, $100 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Aurora insurance discounts for a Dodge Charger
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but you might already qualify for some discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at the time of purchase, but less common discounts must be asked about in order for you to get them. If you don’t get every credit available, you are throwing money away.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you combine your home and auto policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you may earn nearly 15% which can help you find cheaper Charger insurance.
- Payment Discounts – If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save up to 5%.
- Student Discounts – Excelling in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
- Paperless Signup – Certain larger companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for signing up on the web.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This isn’t a discount exactly, but some insurance companies may permit one accident before they charge you more for coverage if you are claim-free before the accident.
- Federal Employees – Federal government employees could cut as much as 10% off with certain companies.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can pay as much as 50% less than less cautious drivers.
- Braking Control Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles have fewer accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Forcing all vehicle occupants to use their safety belts could save 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts may get savings as much as 30%.
Policy discounts save money, but most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So even though it sounds like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you’re out of luck.
The diagram below shows the comparison of Dodge Charger insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. The data is based on a male driver, no violations or claims, Colorado state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, and marriage discounts applied.
To see a list of insurance companies who offer online Dodge Charger insurance quotes in Colorado, click here.
Choosing the best Dodge Charger insurance in Colorado is an important decision
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Aurora, insuring your vehicle is required for several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability insurance in order to license the vehicle. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Charger has a lienholder, it’s most likely the lender will force you to have comprehensive coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Dodge at a much higher premium rate and make you pay the higher price.
- Auto insurance preserves not only your Dodge Charger but also your assets. Insurance will also pay for all forms of medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay attorney fees if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your Dodge gets damaged, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your Charger definitely exceed the price paid, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is overpaying more than $825 a year so compare rates each time the policy renews to save money.
Ratings for Colorado car insurance companies
Selecting the right car insurance provider can be rather challenging considering how many choices there are in Colorado. The rank data shown below could help you decide which providers you want to consider comparing prices from.
Top 10 Aurora Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Titan Insurance
It’s not one size fits all
When buying your policy for your vehicles, there is no best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is unique and your policy should reflect that.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining if your situation would benefit from professional advice.
- How much coverage applies to personal belongings?
- Is my nanny covered when transporting my kids?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my Dodge Charger is totaled?
- Are there any extra discounts I can get?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Getting quotes from local Aurora insurance agents
Many people still like to go talk to an agent and that is not a bad decision Professional agents can help determine the best coverages and help file insurance claims. The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is you may find the best rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from local agencies is still important in Aurora.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your coverage information is instantly submitted to agents in your area who will return price quotes for your business. You won’t even need to do any legwork since rate quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. If you wish to compare prices from a specific insurance provider, you just need to find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
Choosing an insurer shouldn’t rely on just the premium amount. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- How often do they review coverages?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
Detailed coverages of your auto insurance policy
Having a good grasp of your policy can help you determine the best coverages for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. These are typical coverage types offered by auto insurance companies.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers – This gives you protection when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (which is 25/50/15), their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family. Normally these coverages are set the same as your liability limits.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision) – This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for things like hitting a deer, hail damage, theft, fire damage and damage from flooding. The highest amount a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Collision coverage – This covers damage to your Charger from colliding with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision insurance covers things such as crashing into a ditch, driving through your garage door, crashing into a building and scraping a guard rail. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible on your Charger to get cheaper collision coverage.
Medical expense insurance – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for bills like chiropractic care, X-ray expenses, pain medications and surgery. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Auto liability insurance – This coverage will cover damage or injury you incur to a person or their property. It protects YOU from legal claims by others, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have liability limits of 25/50/15 which stand for a limit of $25,000 per injured person, $50,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $15,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Some companies may use one number which is a combined single limit which provides one coverage limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability insurance covers claims such as funeral expenses, legal defense fees, loss of income and medical expenses. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but buy as large an amount as possible. Colorado requires drivers to carry at least 25/50/15 but you should think about purchasing more coverage.
The next chart shows why low liability limits may not be high enough to cover claims.