The best way we recommend to find lower priced Toyota Highlander insurance is to regularly compare quotes from insurance carriers in Aurora.
Step 1: Get an understanding of the different coverages in a policy and the changes you can make to drop your rates. Many things that cause high rates like inattentive driving and a not-so-good credit rating can be remedied by making minor changes in your lifestyle. This article provides more information to get low prices and find overlooked discounts.
Step 2: Obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing coverage and determine if cheaper Highlander coverage is available. If you find a better price and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
Step 4: Notify your current company to cancel the current policy. Submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to the new company. Make sure you put the new certificate verifying coverage in an accessible location in your vehicle.
One thing to point out is to use the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to look at as many carriers as you can. This ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price selection.
Unbelievable but true, nearly 70% of drivers have purchased from the same company for over three years, and just under half have never quoted car insurance rates at all. With the average car insurance premium being $1,813, Aurora drivers could save up to $610 a year, but they underestimate the large savings they would see if they switch to a new company.
Car insurance rates and discounts
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but you can get discounts to reduce the price significantly. Certain discounts will be applied when you quote, but occasionally some discounts must be requested specifically before they will apply. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you deserve, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are less likely to be stolen and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Multi-car Discount – Drivers who insure primary and secondary vehicles with the same company qualifies for this discount.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts may qualify for discounts up to 30%.
- Own a Home and Save – Owning a house in Aurora can get you a discount since owning and maintaining a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you combine your auto and home insurance and insure them with the same company you may save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Accident Waiver – This isn’t a discount exactly, but some insurance companies will forgive one accident before your rates go up with the catch being you have to be claim-free prior to the accident.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle up before driving could save 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers without accidents can save as much as half off their rates compared to accident prone drivers.
As a footnote on discounts, most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though it sounds like adding up those discounts means a free policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Toyota Highlander insurance costs with and without discounts. The premiums are based on a female driver, no accidents or driving violations, Colorado state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, safe-driver, marriage, multi-policy, claim-free, and homeowner discounts applied.
Some companies who might offer these money-saving discounts include:
When quoting, ask all the companies which discounts you qualify for. A few discounts may not be offered in Aurora. To view car insurance companies that offer discounts in Colorado, click here to view.
Buy Aurora Toyota Highlander insurance online
Most of the larger companies like State Farm and Allstate give prices for coverage on the web. Comparing Toyota Highlander insurance rates online is very simple as you simply type in your coverage information into the quote form. After you complete the form, their quoting system automatically retrieves your driving record and credit report and generates a price based on the information you submitted.
This helps simplify price comparisons, and it’s absolutely necessary to get many rate quotes if you want to find cheap prices.
To find out what other companies charge, consider comparing rates from the companies shown below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you replicate your coverages just like they are on your policy. This ensures you will get an apples-to-apples comparison based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Aurora, CO. To buy the best cheap auto insurance in Aurora, we recommend you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Analysis of Toyota Highlander rates
The coverage information shown next outlines detailed analysis of coverage costs for Toyota Highlander models. Knowing how policy premiums are established is important for you to make informed decisions when shopping around for a new policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Highlander Sport 4WD||$244||$424||$426||$26||$128||$1,248||$104|
|Highlander SE 2WD||$244||$424||$426||$26||$128||$1,248||$104|
|Highlander Sport 2WD||$244||$424||$426||$26||$128||$1,248||$104|
|Highlander Limited 2WD||$272||$500||$426||$26||$128||$1,352||$113|
|Highlander SE 4WD||$272||$500||$426||$26||$128||$1,352||$113|
|Highlander Limited 4WD||$272||$500||$426||$26||$128||$1,352||$113|
|Highlander Hybrid 4WD||$272||$500||$426||$26||$128||$1,352||$113|
|Highlander Hybrid Limited 4WD||$272||$500||$426||$26||$128||$1,352||$113|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and homeowner. Premium amounts do not factor in vehicle location which can decrease or increase premium rates noticeably.
The chart below shows how choosing a deductible and can influence Toyota Highlander insurance costs for different age groups. The price estimates are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Decisions You Make Can Impact Your Insurance Premiums
When buying insurance it’s important to understand some of the things that help determine the price you pay for insurance. If you know what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that could help you find lower premium levels. Lots of factors are used in the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some factors are common sense such as traffic violations, although some other factors are more obscure such as your credit history or how safe your car is.
The following are some of the things companies use to determine prices.
- Use one insurance company and save – Lots of companies give a discount to clients who buy several policies from them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can amount to five, ten or even twenty percent. Even if you’re getting this discount it’s in your best interest to compare Toyota Highlander rates in Aurora to verify if the discount is saving money.There is a good possibility that you can find better rates by buying insurance from a different company.
- Do thieves like your car? – Owning a car with a theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your insurance. Advanced theft deterrents such as OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all help stop your car from being stolen.
- Drivers with high credit save – Having a bad credit history can be an important factor in determining what you pay. If your credit history could use some work, you could potentially save money when insuring your Toyota Highlander by taking the time to improve your credit score. Consumers who have high credit ratings tend to be less risk to insure than drivers with lower credit ratings.
- Drive less and save – The more you drive in a year the more you’ll pay to insure it. A lot of insurance companies charge to insure your cars determined by how the vehicle is used. Autos that are left in the garage cost less to insure than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Highlander is throwing money out the window. It’s a good idea to make sure your insurance declarations sheet reflects the correct driver usage.
- Lower rates by increasing deductibles – Physical damage deductibles state the amount of money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if a covered claim is submitted. Physical damage coverage, also called ‘full coverage’, insures against damage to your car. Examples of covered claims are a windshield broken by a bird, damage from fire, and having a roll-over accident. The higher the amount you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be.
- Pay less after the wedding – Having a spouse may cut your premiums on your insurance bill. Having a spouse generally demonstrates drivers are more mature than a single person it has been statistically shown that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- Where you live is a factor – Choosing to live in less populated areas has definite advantages when buying insurance. Residents of big cities have to deal with more auto accidents and a longer drive to work. Fewer drivers means reduced accidents in addition to lower liability claims.
Insurance losses for a Toyota Highlander – Insurers factor in insurance loss information when determining insurance prices. Models that statistically have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will have increased rates. The next table illustrates the loss history for Toyota Highlander vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, as a total average, equals 100. Numbers below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while numbers above 100 indicate more frequent claims or a tendency for claims to be larger.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Toyota Highlander Models Specific Toyota Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Toyota Highlander 4dr 2WD 88 82 94 94 78 75 Toyota Highlander 4dr 4WD 95 86 117 88 74 78 Toyota Highlander Hybrid 4dr 4WD 111 143BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
When do I need an agent’s advice?
When it comes to choosing coverage, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Each situation is unique and your policy should reflect that. These are some specific questions might help in determining if you could use an agent’s help.
- Why are teen drivers so expensive to add on to my policy?
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
- What are good deductibles for a Toyota Highlander?
- Are combined or split liability limits better?
- What does PIP insurance cover?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you might consider talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area.
Local neighborhood insurance agents
Some consumers would rather get advice from a local agent and that is just fine! An additional benefit of comparing auto insurance online is that you can find the lowest rates and still buy from a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Aurora that provide free Aurora auto insurance quotes for your auto insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to drive around because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. You can find better rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If for some reason you want to get a price quote for a specific company, you would need to go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Deciding on an provider should include more criteria than just the price. Any good agent in Aurora should know the answers to these questions.
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Colorado?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- How long has their agency been in business in Aurora?
Auto insurance agents in Aurora come in two varieties
If you are wanting to find a reliable agent, you need to know there are two different types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Auto insurance agents are categorized either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only quote rates from one company such as State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. These agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are trained well on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers frequently buy from the same agent for years partially due to the prominent brand name instead of buying on price only.
The following is a list of exclusive agents in Aurora who may provide you with comparison quotes.
- Scott Underwood State Farm Insurance
15322 E Alameda Pkwy #25 – Aurora, CO 80017 – (303) 745-3174 – View Map
- Paul Macaluso – State Farm Insurance Agent
Ste A6, 16911 E Quincy Ave – Aurora, CO 80015 – (303) 690-6700 – View Map
- Wayne Johnson – State Farm Insurance Agent
12201 E Mississippi Ave #105 – Aurora, CO 80012 – (303) 695-6262 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent can quote rates with many companies so they have the ability to put coverage through lots of different companies depending on which coverage is best. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply move your policy to a different company and the insured can keep the same agent. When comparing rates, it’s recommended you include rate quotes from independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Many can place coverage with companies that do not advertise much that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Below are Aurora independent agents who can help you get price quotes.
- A Complete Home and Auto Insurance Agency
1080 S Sable Blvd – Aurora, CO 80012 – (303) 344-2886 – View Map
- Amercian Affordable Insurance: Arthur Blaszczyszn
10660 E Bethany Dr – Aurora, CO 80014 – (303) 577-9998 – View Map
- MG Insurance Brokers Llc
2600 S Parker Rd # 263 – Aurora, CO 80014 – (303) 309-6200 – View Map
After talking to the agent and getting satisfactory answers for all questions you ask and locked in a price quote, it’s possible that you found a car insurance agent that is reputable and can properly insure your vehicles.
Why you need insurance for your vehicle
Even though Aurora Highlander insurance rates can get expensive, car insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Toyota, almost every bank will require that you buy full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Toyota at an extremely high rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your Toyota and your personal assets. Insurance will pay for medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Toyota as the result of the weather or an accident, your car insurance policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially with large liability claims. But the average American driver is overpaying over $810 a year so you should quote rates at least once a year to ensure rates are inline.
Cover all your bases
We just covered many ways to save on Toyota Highlander insurance in Aurora. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get prices for, the higher your chance of finding low cost Aurora auto insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest premium rates are with a small mutual company. Smaller companies may have significantly lower prices on certain market segments as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s a bad idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many situations where an insured dropped full coverage only to discover later that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal should be to buy enough coverage at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.
Additional insurance information can be found on the following sites:
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Dodge Ram in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Active Military in Aurora? (FAQ)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)