Want lower-priced car insurance rates in Aurora, CO? Aurora drivers have options when trying to find the best price on Pontiac GTO insurance. They can either spend hours driving around to get rate comparisons or leverage the internet to get rate quotes.
There are more efficient ways to shop for car insurance and you need to know the absolute fastest way to price shop coverage for a Pontiac and get the lowest price from both online companies and Aurora agents.
Remarkably, a study showed that a large majority of car insurance policyholders renewed their policy with the same company for over three years, and nearly the majority have never compared rates with other companies. Many consumers in Colorado could pocket roughly $610 a year by just comparing quotes, but they don’t understand how simple it is to compare other rate quotes.
If you are already insured or are looking for a new policy, take advantage of these tips to reduce premiums without reducing coverage. Our objective in writing this article is to help educate you on the most effective way to quote insurance and some money-saving tips. Vehicle owners only need to know the most time-saving way to buy auto insurance online.
Shop Pontiac GTO insurance online
The car insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer free quotes in Colorado. If you want cheaper auto insurance in Aurora, we recommend you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Three reasons to insure your Pontiac GTO
Even though Aurora GTO insurance rates can get expensive, buying car insurance is required in Colorado but it also protects you in many ways.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Pontiac, most lenders will make it mandatory that you have insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may insure your Pontiac at an extremely high rate and make you pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your vehicle and your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical bills that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Pontiac as the result of the weather or an accident, your car insurance policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. But the average American driver overpays more than $810 a year so compare quotes from several companies every year to ensure rates are competitive.
How Insurance Providers Determine Pontiac GTO Insurance Costs
Part of the car insurance buying process is learning the factors that help determine your car insurance rates. When consumers understand what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make good choices that can earn you lower rates.
- High claims frequency drives up premiums – If you frequently file small claims, you can definitely plan on higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Insurance companies in Colorado provide better rates to insureds who file claims infrequently. Your car insurance is intended for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- How many miles do you drive? – The more you drive each year the more it will cost to insure it. Many insurance companies charge rates based on how the vehicle is used. Cars that do not get driven very much can be on a lower rate level as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. An incorrectly rated GTO can result in significantly higher rates. Double check that your car insurance declarations sheet shows the right rating data, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- Insurance prices and vehicle performance – The make and model of the car or truck you are buying insurance for makes a big difference in determining your rates. The lowest performance passenger models usually have the lowest premiums, but your final cost has many other factors.
- Credit rating impact car insurance premiums – An insured’s credit history is a big factor in determining what you pay. Insureds with very good credit scores tend to be more responsible as compared to drivers with lower credit scores. If your credit score can use some improvement, you could be paying less to insure your Pontiac GTO if you clean up your credit.
- Occupation impacts prices – Jobs like fire fighters, police officers, and financial analysts have higher average rates because of intense work situations and lots of time spent at work. Other jobs like professors, athletes and performers get better rates.
- Rental and towing coverage may not be needed – Insurance companies have many additional coverages that can waste your money if you don’t pay attention. Insurance for things like replacement cost coverage, death and dismemberment, and motor club memberships are examples of these. They may seem like a good idea at first, but if you’ve never needed them in the past eliminate them to save money.
Insurance policy discounts you can’t miss
Some companies do not advertise all discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the list below gives a summary of some of the more common and also the lesser-known credits available to you.
- Theft Prevention System – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices prevent vehicle theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Smart Student Discounts – Performing well in school could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. The discount lasts well after school through age 25.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving fewer miles may allow you to get lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Renewal Discounts – A few insurance companies offer discounts for switching companies before your current GTO insurance policy expires. This can save 10% or more.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a home in Aurora may earn you a small savings because owning a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Clubs and Organizations – Belonging to a qualifying organization could qualify you for a break on your next insurance statement.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents can save as much as half off their rates as compared to drivers with claims.
- Telematics Devices – Aurora drivers who agree to allow driving data submission to look at where and when they drive by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system may see discounts if they show good driving skills.
We need to note that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Despite the fact that it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
A few of the larger companies and a selection of discounts can be read below.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including emergency military deployment, federal employee, multi-vehicle, five-year accident-free, multi-policy, daytime running lights, and defensive driver.
- SAFECO has discounts for accident prevention training, multi-car, anti-lock brakes, safe driver, and drive less.
- State Farm includes discounts for multiple policy, accident-free, driver’s education, Drive Safe & Save, anti-theft, defensive driving training, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- MetLife may have discounts that include defensive driver, multi-policy, accident-free, good driver, claim-free, good student
- 21st Century offers discounts including air bags, homeowners, anti-lock brakes, good student, student driver, driver training, and defensive driver.
- Progressive discounts include online quote discount, online signing, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and multi-policy.
Double check with each company to apply every possible discount. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policies everywhere. To see insurance companies who offer online Pontiac GTO insurance quotes in Aurora, click here.
Different people need different car insurance coverages
When quoting and comparing coverage online or from an agent for your vehicles, there really isn’t a “best” method to buy coverage. You are unique.
For instance, these questions may help highlight if you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- What are the best liability limits?
- Do I need to call my car insurance company before buying a new car?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
- Do I need special coverage while pulling a rented trailer?
- Is a driver training discount available?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in Colorado?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Get rate quotes but work with a local Aurora insurance agency
Some consumers still prefer to talk to a local agent and that is OK! Insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and help you file claims. One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is that you can find the lowest rates and still choose a local agent. Supporting local insurance agencies is especially important in Aurora.
Upon completion of this quick form, the quote information gets sent to local insurance agents who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t even need to find an agent on your own since rate quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. If you wish to quote rates from a particular provider, feel free to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
The following are agents in Aurora that may be able to provide price quote information for Pontiac GTO insurance in Aurora.
- Jody Roberts – State Farm Insurance Agent
15260 E Hampden Ave – Aurora, CO 80014 – (303) 693-1650 – View Map
- Wayne Johnson – State Farm Insurance Agent
12201 E Mississippi Ave #105 – Aurora, CO 80012 – (303) 695-6262 – View Map
- Focus Insurance Agency
2993 S Peoria St #144 – Aurora, CO 80014 – (303) 695-6220 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Rick Laikola Agency Inc.
3102 S Parker Rd Ste A16 – Aurora, CO 80014 – (303) 696-2666 – View Map
Selecting a company should include more criteria than just a cheap price quote. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Colorado?
After getting satisfactory answers to all your questions in addition to an acceptable price estimate, you have narrowed it down to an insurer that can adequately provide insurance.
Cheaper car insurance rates are out there
Drivers change insurance companies for any number of reasons including poor customer service, delays in paying claims, an unsatisfactory settlement offer or even policy non-renewal. Regardless of your reason, switching car insurance companies is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
The cheapest Pontiac GTO insurance in Aurora can be purchased both online and with local Aurora insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. A few companies do not offer rate quotes online and most of the time these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies.
In this article, we covered quite a bit of information on how to get a better price on Pontiac GTO insurance in Aurora. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Aurora car insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest priced car insurance comes from a lesser-known regional company.
How to save money on Pontiac GTO insurance in Aurora
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get more affordable car insurance rates is to regularly compare prices from different companies who provide auto insurance in Aurora. Drivers can shop around by following these guidelines.
- Try to understand how car insurance works and the factors you can control to lower rates. Many risk factors that result in higher prices such as traffic tickets, fender benders, and a not-so-good credit score can be amended by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from many different companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find better rates, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Tell your current company of your intention to cancel your current coverage. Submit the application along with any required down payment to your new insurance company. Don’t forget to keep the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in an easily accessible location.
The most important part of shopping around is to try to compare identical coverages on every price quote and and to look at as many auto insurance providers as possible. This enables an apples-to-apples comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Additional detailed information is available in these articles:
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- Who Has the Cheapest Aurora Car Insurance Rates for Police Officers? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Nissan Altima in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Active Military in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)