Would you like to stop wasting money and find more affordable Nissan Pathfinder insurance in Aurora? Did you make the mistake of buying an expensive auto insurance policy? Believe me, you are not the only one feeling buyer’s remorse.
Anyone knows that auto insurance companies don’t want policyholders to shop around. Consumers who shop around once a year will most likely switch auto insurance companies because there is a good probability of finding a lower-cost company. A survey found that drivers who compared rate quotes regularly saved approximately $3,400 over four years compared to other drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the best price on auto insurance in Aurora is why you’re here, then knowing how to find and compare insurance rates can make it easier to shop your coverage around. Companies like GEICO, 21st Century and Progressive promote their brand names with TV and radio ads and consumers find it hard to ignore the promise of big savings and find the best price available.
If you have insurance now or just want to save money, use these money-saving tips to shop for the lowest rates and possibly find even better coverage. Locating the most cost-effective insurance policy in Aurora is really quite simple as long as you have a good starting point. Vehicle owners just have to use the proper way to compare prices using one simple form.
Get cheaper Nissan Pathfinder insurance in Aurora with discounts
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but there may be some discounts that many people don’t even know exist. A few discounts will be applied at the time of quoting, but occasionally some discounts must be specially asked for prior to getting the savings.
- ABS Brakes – Cars and trucks with ABS braking systems or traction control are much safer to drive and will save you 10% or more on Pathfinder insurance in Aurora.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By making one initial payment as opposed to paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some companies give discounts for renewing your policy prior to your current Pathfinder insurance policy expiration. This can save 10% or more.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Maintaining low annual mileage can qualify you for better insurance rates on cars that stay parked.
- Paper-free Discount – A handful of companies will provide an incentive shop Aurora car insurance on the web.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you have multiple policies with the same company you may save up to 20% off your total Pathfinder insurance premium.
- Employee of Federal Government – Active or retired federal employment could provide a small rate reduction depending on your company.
As a footnote on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. If you do the math and it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you’re out of luck. Any qualifying discounts will cut your policy premium.
The illustration below shows the difference between Nissan Pathfinder yearly insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. The premium estimates are based on a female driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, Colorado state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, multi-car, and claim-free discounts applied.
Companies and their offered discounts are shown below.
- Farm Bureau has savings for 55 and retired, safe driver, good student, multi-vehicle, driver training, renewal discount, and youthful driver.
- Liberty Mutual discounts include newly retired, new graduate, teen driver discount, new vehicle discount, preferred payment discount, and safety features.
- State Farm may have discounts that include anti-theft, safe vehicle, defensive driving training, student away at school, passive restraint, good student, and driver’s education.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may include discounts for good student, paid in full, air bags, safe vehicle, teen driver, and anti-theft.
- GEICO includes discounts for good student, seat belt use, membership and employees, federal employee, military active duty, and emergency military deployment.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for accident prevention training, bundle discounts, drive less, anti-lock brakes, teen safety rewards, and anti-theft.
If you want affordable Aurora car insurance quotes, ask each insurance company which credits you are entitled to. A few discounts might not apply in every state. If you would like to see a list of providers who offer free Nissan Pathfinder insurance quotes in Aurora, click here.
The companies in the list below can provide price quotes in Colorado. If your goal is to find cheap car insurance in Colorado, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them to get the lowest price.
The information shown below highlights detailed analysis of policy rates for Nissan Pathfinder models. Understanding how rates are formulated is important for you to make informed decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Pathfinder S 2WD||$228||$424||$456||$28||$136||$1,272||$106|
|Pathfinder S 4WD||$260||$424||$456||$28||$136||$1,304||$109|
|Pathfinder SE 2WD||$260||$424||$456||$28||$136||$1,304||$109|
|Pathfinder SE 4WD||$260||$424||$456||$28||$136||$1,304||$109|
|Pathfinder LE 2WD||$294||$516||$456||$28||$136||$1,430||$119|
|Pathfinder LE 4WD||$294||$516||$456||$28||$136||$1,430||$119|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-policy. Premium amounts do not factor in specific Aurora garaging location which can change coverage rates noticeably.
Accidents and violations increase rates
The chart below demonstrates how traffic citations and fender-benders can influence Nissan Pathfinder insurance costs for different age groups of insureds. The information is based on a single female driver, full coverage, $250 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Rate comparison of male drivers versus female drivers
The information below visualizes the comparison of Nissan Pathfinder insurance rates for male and female drivers. The data is based on no claims or driving violations, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are factored in.
Full coverage versus liability-only
The example below compares Nissan Pathfinder premium costs with full coverage and liability only. The rates are based on no violations or accidents, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Should you be buying full coverage?
There is no written rule of when to drop physical damage insurance, but there is a general school of thought. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than around 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Nissan Pathfinder claim settlement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would receive is $8,000 after paying your deductible. If it’s costing in excess of $800 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some situations where only buying liability is not a good idea. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Independent or exclusive car insurance agents
Many drivers would prefer to have an agent’s advice and there is nothing wrong with that. Licensed agents can point out coverage gaps and help in the event of a claim. An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is you can get the best rates and still choose a local agent.
By using this form (opens in new window), the quote information is sent to local insurance agents in Aurora who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to even leave your home as quotes are delivered to you. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, you just need to search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing an company needs to be determined by more than just the quoted price. Before buying a policy in Aurora, get answers to these questions.
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- What companies can they write with?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Will they give you a referral list?
If you prefer to buy insurance from a reputable agency, you should know the different types of agencies that you can choose from. Insurance policy providers can be described as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both properly insure your vehicles, but it is important to understand how they are different because it can influence which type of agent you select.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type write business for a single company like State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. They are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive insurance agents are highly trained on their products and sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
The following are exclusive insurance agents in Aurora who may provide you with price quotes.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent insurance agents are normally appointed by many insurers so they can quote policies through many companies and get the cheapest rates. If they find a lower price, an independent agent can move your coverage and that require little work on your part. When searching for an agent, we recommend you contact several independent insurance agents to maximize your price options.
Shown below is a list of independent agencies in Aurora willing to provide price quote information.
Focus Insurance Agency
2993 S Peoria St #144 – Aurora, CO 80014 – (303) 695-6220 – View Map
A Complete Auto Insurance Agency
543 Sable Blvd – Aurora, CO 80011 – (303) 650-0060 – View Map
Compare auto insurance prices regularly to save
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many instances, an accident victim reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits and found out when filing a claim they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The proper strategy is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price and still be able to protect your assets.
We just showed you many ideas to shop for Nissan Pathfinder insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may even discover the most savings is with an unexpected company. Some small companies often have lower rates on specific markets as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
Steps to buying affordable Nissan Pathfinder insurance in Aurora
The best way to get more affordable Nissan Pathfinder insurance in Aurora is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from insurance carriers in Colorado.
- First, read about auto insurance and the modifications you can make to keep rates down. Many factors that are responsible for high rates like getting speeding tickets and poor credit history can be eliminated by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Second, get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can give you price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a lower rate quote and make a switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
One important bit of advice is to make sure you enter similar limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get prices from every company you can. Doing this guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and a better comparison of the market.
To learn more, feel free to browse the articles below:
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Low Mileage Drivers in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Teachers in Aurora? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Unemployed Drivers in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Lyft Drivers in Aurora? (FAQ)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)