Are you doing reasearch to find the cheapest Mazda RX-8 insurance in Aurora? Do you get exhausted from scraping the payment together to pay your insurance bill each month? Your situation is no different than many other Colorado drivers.
Everyone knows that auto insurance companies don’t want you quoting rates from other companies. Insureds who compare price quotes will most likely switch insurance companies because they have a good chance of finding coverage at a cheaper rate. A recent survey discovered that consumers who compared rate quotes regularly saved as much as $3,450 over four years compared to drivers who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding the lowest price for Mazda RX-8 insurance in Aurora is the reason you’re reading this, then having a grasp of how to choose a company and compare insurance can save money and time.
Many insurers compete to insure your vehicles, so it can be very hard to choose a provider to find the lowest rate possible on Mazda RX-8 insurance in Aurora.
It’s smart to take a look at other company’s rates every six months because prices fluctuate regularly. If you had the best rates on Mazda RX-8 insurance in Aurora a year ago there may be better deals available now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because you’re about to learn the tricks you need to know to get good coverage on Mazda RX-8 insurance in Aurora at a lower rate.
Lower Your Aurora Insurance Premiums
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that are used to determine auto insurance rates. If you know what determines premiums, this enables you to make decisions that may reward you with lower auto insurance prices. Many factors are part of the equation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some of the criteria are obvious such as traffic violations, although some other factors are not quite as obvious like where you live or how financially stable you are.
The following are a partial list of the pieces used by your company to calculate rates.
- Liability risk factors – Liability coverage will provide protection when you are determined to be liable for damages caused by your negligence. It provides legal defense which can cost a lot. Liability insurance is quite affordable as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not skimp.
Experienced drivers are lower risk – Inexperience drivers have a tendency to get distracted easily when behind the wheel and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher. More mature drivers tend to be more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
The next chart uses these variables: single driver, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Policy add-ons may not be needed – There are quite a few extra coverages that may not really be needed on your auto insurance policy. Coverage for things like vanishing deductibles, accident forgiveness, and Farm Bureau memberships may not be needed and are just wasting money. They may seem good when talking to your agent, but if you don’t need them remove them from your policy.
- Safety first – Vehicles with good safety scores are cheaper to insure. Vehicles engineered for safety help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and lower injury rates means lower claim amounts and more competitive rates for policyholders.
- Low mileage costs less – Driving more miles each year the higher the price you pay to insure it. Most insurance companies calculate rates based on their usage. Vehicles that have low annual miles cost less to insure than those that get driven frequently. An improperly rated RX-8 may be wasting your money. It’s always a good idea to double check that your vehicle rating reflects how each vehicle is driven, because it can save money.
- Do you qualify for a multi-policy discount? – Most major insurance companies will award better rates to policyholders that purchase more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. The discount can be five, ten or even twenty percent. Even with this discount applied, it’s always a smart idea to compare Mazda RX-8 rates in Aurora to verify if the discount is saving money.There is a chance you can save money by insuring with multiple companies.
- Premiums may be higher where you live – Choosing to live in less populated areas of the country may provide you with better prices when trying to find low car insurance rates. Drivers who live in large cities regularly have much more traffic and more time behind the wheel. Fewer people means less chance of accidents and a lower car theft rate.
To find affordable Mazda RX-8 insurance quotes, there are several ways to compare rate quotes from lots of Colorado car insurance companies. The quickest method to comparison shop is to get quotes online.
It’s so fast and easy to compare rates online that it makes it obsolete to spend your day driving to insurance agencies in your area. The fact that you can get quotes online makes this unnecessary unless you’re the type of person who wants the personal advice only provided by licensed Aurora agents. Drivers can price shop online but have a local agent actually write the policy. When comparing car insurance rates, know that comparing all the rates in your area will improve the odds of getting more affordable rates. Some smaller insurers do not give online price quotes, so you need to compare price estimates from those companies as well.
The companies shown below provide price quotes in Colorado. To buy cheap car insurance in Aurora, we recommend you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Mazda RX-8 coverage statistics
The rate table shown next outlines a range of rate quotes for Mazda RX-8 models. Having a good understanding how insurance policy premiums are determined can be valuable when making decisions when shopping around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|RX-8 Sport 4-Dr Coupe||$266||$458||$338||$20||$100||$1,182||$99|
|RX-8 Grand Touring 4-Dr Coupe||$266||$528||$338||$20||$100||$1,252||$104|
|RX-8 R3 4-Dr Coupe||$266||$528||$338||$20||$100||$1,252||$104|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Estimates do not factor in specific location information which can revise coverage rates greatly.
The illustration below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can impact Mazda RX-8 insurance costs for different age groups. Data assumes a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Comparison of full coverage and liability-only policies
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Mazda RX-8 premium costs with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The data assumes no claims, a clean driving record, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Guidelines for dropping full coverage
There isn’t a steadfast formula to drop physical damage insurance, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than around 10% of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let’s say your Mazda RX-8 settlement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $2,000 after paying your policy deductible. If it’s costing in excess of $200 annually to have full coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are a few cases where buying only liability insurance is not a good idea. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not drop full coverage.
Why you need insurance for your vehicle
Despite the high cost, maintaining insurance is required by state law in Colorado and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
First, the majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability protection if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your RX-8 has a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will require you to buy insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender will be forced to insure your Mazda at an extremely high rate and require you to fork over for the much more expensive policy.
Third, insurance protects not only your Mazda RX-8 but also your financial assets. It will also provide coverage for hospital and medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit in the event you are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly for liability claims. But the average American driver is overpaying over $865 each year so it’s important to compare rates every year to save money.
Aurora insurance discounts for a Mazda RX-8
Car insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but there could be available discounts that may help make it more affordable. Some discounts will apply when you quote, but once in a while a discount must be manually applied before you get the savings.
- Home Ownership Discount – Just owning your own home can help you save on car insurance because maintaining a house requires personal responsibility.
- Drive Less and Save – Fewer annual miles on your Mazda may allow you to get cheaper prices.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you may earn over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Theft Deterrent System – Vehicles optioned with advanced anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and will save you 10% or more on RX-8 insurance in Aurora.
- Active Service Discounts – Being deployed with a military unit could mean lower car insurance rates.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears you could get a free car insurance policy, you aren’t that lucky.
The example below visualizes the comparison of Mazda RX-8 premium costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. The rates are based on a male driver, no claims or driving citations, Colorado state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, marriage, multi-car, and homeowner discounts applied.
Large car insurance companies and some of the discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm discounts include safe vehicle, multiple autos, passive restraint, student away at school, and defensive driving training.
- GEICO includes discounts for daytime running lights, driver training, multi-vehicle, anti-theft, membership and employees, and five-year accident-free.
- Allstate offers discounts including eSmart discount, EZ pay plan discount, auto/life discount, resident student, FullPay discount, and good student.
- SAFECO has savings for drive less, accident prevention training, anti-theft, safe driver, teen safe driver, and anti-lock brakes.
- Farm Bureau may offer discounts for renewal discount, multi-policy, youthful driver, driver training, good student, safe driver, and multi-vehicle.
- Progressive has discounts for good student, online signing, homeowner, multi-policy, continuous coverage, and online quote discount.
- AAA offers premium reductions for AAA membership discount, good student, multi-car, anti-theft, and education and occupation.
Check with each company or agent how many discounts you can get. Some credits might not apply in Aurora. To see a list of car insurance companies that offer many of these discounts in Aurora, click here.
You may need help from an agent
Some people just prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is a smart decision One of the benefits of comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get the best rates and still buy from a local agent.
By using this quick form, your coverage information gets sent to insurance agents in Aurora who will give you bids for your business. You won’t need to visit any agencies as quotes are delivered to you. You can find better rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you want to quote rates from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Choosing the best company requires more thought than just the price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
If you are wanting to find a good Aurora insurance agent, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents and how they work. Agents are either exclusive or independent.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents can only place business with one company and examples are State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. They generally cannot shop your coverage around so always compare other rates. Exclusive insurance agents are very knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Listed below are exclusive agents in Aurora who can help you get rate quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
These type of agents do not work for one specific company so they can write business with a variety of different insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. If they quote lower rates, they simply move your policy to a different company and you can keep the same agent. If you are comparing rate quotes, you need to get some free quotes from multiple independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison.
Listed below are Aurora independent insurance agents that can give you rate quotes.
BUD JUDY AGENCY, INC. (INDEPENDENT INSURANCE AGENCY)
2222 S Fraser St Unit 4 – Aurora, CO 80014 – (303) 368-5839 – View Map
How to find a good Aurora auto insurance company
Ending up with a good quality insurance company is difficult considering how many choices drivers have in Aurora. The ranking data below may help you decide which companies you want to consider when shopping around.
Top 10 Aurora Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 95%
- USAA – 94%
- AAA Insurance – 91%
- Nationwide – 90%
- State Farm – 90%
- The Hartford – 89%
- GEICO – 89%
- Allstate – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
- The General – 88%
Top 10 Aurora Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
- The General
Compare. Compare. Compare.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, do not buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many cases where an insured dropped physical damage coverage and found out when filing a claim that they should have had better coverage. Your aim should be to get the best coverage possible at the best price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
We just presented some good ideas how to compare Mazda RX-8 insurance prices in Aurora. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the higher your chance of finding low cost Aurora car insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the best price on insurance is with a small local company. These companies can often provide lower rates in certain areas compared to the large companies like State Farm or Progressive.
Steps to buying affordable Mazda RX-8 insurance in Aurora
Really, the only way to get discount auto insurance rates is to start comparing prices yearly from insurance carriers who sell auto insurance in Aurora. You can compare prices by completing these steps.
Step 1: Spend a few minutes and learn about how companies price auto insurance and the measures you can control to lower rates. Many risk factors that cause rate increases such as distracted driving and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be eliminated by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
Step 2: Get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a better price and buy the policy, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
An essential thing to point out is to make sure you’re comparing identical limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to analyze every insurance company. Doing this enables an accurate price comparison and many rates to choose from.
Additional information can be found below:
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Aurora Auto Insurance for a Ford F-150? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Aurora Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Under 25? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Drivers with a DUI in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)