The best way to find more affordable Jaguar XK insurance is to compare prices once a year from different companies who provide car insurance in Aurora.
Step 1: Spend a few minutes and learn about car insurance and the things you can change to keep rates down. Many rating factors that cause rate increases like speeding and a low credit score can be controlled by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Read the full article for more information to help keep rates affordable and get discounts that may be available to you.
Step 2: Request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from multiple companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
A crucial key to this process is to try to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote request and and to get rates from as many companies as you can. This helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
It’s safe to conclude that car insurance companies want to prevent you from shopping around. Insureds who shop around will most likely move their business because there is a high probability of finding coverage at a cheaper rate. A survey found that consumers who compared prices regularly saved over $850 each year compared to people who never shopped around.
If finding the best rates on Jaguar XK insurance is the reason you’re here, learning how to compare insurance premiums can help make the process easier.
When looking for cheaper Aurora car insurance quotes, there are a couple ways to get quotes from local Aurora car insurance companies. The simplest method to find the cheapest Jaguar XK insurance rates consists of obtaining rate quotes online. When price shopping your coverage, making a lot of price comparisons helps locate the best offered rates. Some insurance companies are not set up to provide Aurora XK insurance quotes online, so it’s necessary to compare quotes from them as well.
The companies in the list below can provide price comparisons in Colorado. In order to find the best cheap car insurance in CO, we recommend you visit several of them to get the most affordable price.
Jaguar XK insurance rate analysis
The premium table displayed next covers different coverage prices for Jaguar XK models. Having a better idea how auto insurance policy rates are calculated can aid in making informed decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|XK Portfolio 2-Dr Coupe||$496||$1130||$298||$18||$90||$2,032||$169|
|XK 2-Dr Coupe||$496||$1130||$298||$18||$90||$2,032||$169|
|XK Portfolio 2-Dr Convertible||$536||$1032||$352||$20||$106||$2,046||$171|
|XK 2-Dr Convertible||$536||$1032||$352||$20||$106||$2,046||$171|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and safe-driver. Prices do not factor in specific location which can modify premium rates significantly.
Auto insurance in Colorado serves several purposes
Despite the high insurance cost for a Jaguar XK in Aurora, buying auto insurance is mandatory in Colorado but it also protects more than you think.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, most banks will make it mandatory that you carry insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender will be forced to insure your Jaguar at a much higher rate and make you pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It will also reimburse you for medical bills that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially when you need to use it. According to a recent study, the average American driver is wasting up to $850 per year so smart consumers compare quotes at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.
Why You Might Pay Higher Rates in Aurora
Many different elements are part of the equation when premium rates are determined. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving record, but other factors are not as apparent such as your credit history or how financially stable you are.
Performance makes a difference – The performance of the vehicle you drive makes a significant difference in determining your rates. The lowest rates are usually found on lower cost passenger models, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
The following chart assumes a single male driver age 40, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It compares Jaguar XK insurance rates compared to other models of vehicles that have a range of performance rating factors.
Gender and insurance rates – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. It does not mean females are better drivers. Both genders are responsible for accidents in similar numbers, but males have accidents that have higher claims. Not only are claims higher, but men get more serious tickets such as reckless driving.
The example below illustrates the comparison of Jaguar XK insurance prices for male and female drivers. The premiums assume no claims or violations, full coverage, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no other discounts are factored in.
Get a ticket, pay higher costs – Good drivers have lower premiums than people who have multiple driving citations. Even one citation can increase rates forty percent or more. Drivers with dangerous violations like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may face state-mandated requirements to prove financial responsibility to the state department of motor vehicles in order to drive a vehicle legally.
The diagram below shows how speeding tickets and accidents can raise Jaguar XK insurance costs for each age group. The information is based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Pleasure use saves money – The more miles you rack up on your Jaguar each year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Many insurance companies apply a rate based upon how you use the vehicle. Vehicles that do not get driven very much cost less to insure than those that get driven frequently. It’s a good idea to make sure your auto insurance coverage is rated on the right rating data. Improper usage on your XK may be costing you.
Always keep your coverage in force – Not having insurance is against the law and you may have a hard time finding new coverage because you let your insurance lapse. Not only will you pay more, the inability to provide proof of insurance could earn you fines or a revoked license. You may then have to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Colorado motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
Jaguar XK claim probability – Companies use data from past claims to calculate a price that will offset any claims. Vehicles that the statistics show to have higher claim frequency or loss amount will cost more for coverage. The table shown below demonstrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Jaguar XK vehicles.
For each coverage category, the statistical loss for all vehicles as a whole equals 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while values that are above 100 indicate more frequent losses or an increased chance of a larger loss.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Jaguar XK 2dr||167|
|Jaguar XK Convertible||119|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Lower your car insurance rates with discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but there could be significant discounts that you may not know about. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you get a quote, but some discounts are required to be asked for in order for you to get them.
- Seat Belt Usage – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle up can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Early Switch Discount – A few insurance companies give discounts for switching to them before your current coverage expires. It can save you around 10%.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Having multiple cars or trucks on one policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen with less frequency and earn discounts up to 10% off your Aurora car insurance quote.
- ABS Brakes – Cars equipped with ABS or steering control prevent accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Cautious Driver Discounts – Safe drivers could pay up to 40% less compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Policyholders that allow driving data submission to study driving manner through the use of a telematics system such as State Farm’s In-Drive may get a rate reduction as long as they are good drivers.
- Driver Safety – Taking a course in defensive driving can save you 5% or more and make you a better driver.
Discounts lower rates, but most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Even though it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it’s just not the way it works.
The diagram below shows the comparison of Jaguar XK auto insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. Data assumes a male driver, no accidents or driving violations, Colorado state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-car, homeowner, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Large car insurance companies and some of the discounts are:
- State Farm includes discounts for anti-theft, good student, good driver, multiple policy, Drive Safe & Save, and defensive driving training.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for driver training, multi-vehicle, federal employee, emergency military deployment, and anti-theft.
- Progressive may offer discounts for online signing, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, continuous coverage, good student, multi-policy, and homeowner.
- 21st Century offers discounts including 55 and older, good student, anti-lock brakes, automatic seat belts, and theft prevention.
- American Family has savings for defensive driver, air bags, early bird, mySafetyValet, and multi-vehicle.
- The Hartford discounts include anti-theft, air bag, driver training, vehicle fuel type, bundle, and good student.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, good student, AAA membership discount, good driver, multi-car, and pay-in-full.
Double check with every insurance company what discounts are available to you. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered on policies in every state. If you would like to see a list of car insurance companies who offer discounts in Aurora, click here to view.
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When buying a policy, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out whether or not you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- When should I have rental car coverage?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- Should I buy full coverage?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Auto insurance agents can help
Many drivers prefer to buy from a licensed agent and there is nothing wrong with that. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is you can get cheap car insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, the quote information is instantly submitted to companies in Aurora that can give you free Aurora car insurance quotes to get your business. There is no need to leave your computer because prices are sent to you. It’s the lowest rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you want to get a price quote for a specific company, you just need to go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding a good insurer requires more thought than just a cheap price. Any agent in Aurora should be willing to answer these questions.
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
Once you have good answers for all questions you ask and locked in a price quote, most likely you have located an insurer that is reliable enough to provide car insurance coverage. Keep in mind once you purchase a policy you can cancel a policy whenever you want so don’t assume that you are obligated to any specific company indefinitely.
Don’t give up on cheaper premiums
Insureds change insurance companies for any number of reasons including high prices, delays in paying claims, poor customer service or extreme rates for teen drivers. It doesn’t matter what your reason, switching companies is not as hard as you think.
In this article, we covered a lot of tips how to reduce Jaguar XK insurance prices online in Aurora. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Consumers may even find the most savings is with some of the smallest insurance companies.
The cheapest Jaguar XK insurance in Aurora is possible online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should be comparing both to get a complete price analysis. Some companies may not have rates over the internet and these small, regional companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
Even more information can be read by following these links:
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for a Jeep Wrangler in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)