Truthfully, the best way to get the cheapest car insurance rates is to compare prices annually from different companies who can sell car insurance in Aurora.
- Take a few minutes and learn about coverages and the measures you can control to keep rates in check. Many risk factors that cause high rates like at-fault accidents and an unacceptable credit history can be eliminated by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Request price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote rates for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Aurora. If you can save money and switch companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Notify your company or agent to cancel your existing policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to the new insurer. Immediately upon receiving it, put the new certificate verifying coverage along with the vehicle's registration papers.
The critical component of shopping around is that you'll want to compare identical coverage information on every quote and and to get quotes from as many companies as possible. This guarantees a level playing field and the best rate selection.
A recent study showed that most consumers have bought car insurance from the same company for over three years, and just short of a majority have never quoted car insurance rates at all. With the average premium in Colorado being $1,810, drivers could pocket up to $600 a year just by comparing rates, but they underestimate the rate savings if they switch to a new company.
We hope to tell you the best way to quote coverages and some tips to save money. If you're already insured, you stand a good chance to be able to shop for the lowest rates using the ideas you're about to read. Consumers only need to know the most efficient way to compare insurance rates online.
Best Dodge Ram insurance rates in Colorado
The companies in the list below offer quotes in Colorado. To locate cheaper auto insurance in Aurora, CO, we recommend you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Rates and other information
The information below outlines estimates of insurance coverage prices for Dodge Ram models. Being aware of how auto insurance prices are formulated can benefit drivers when making smart choices when purchasing an insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 2WD||$272||$376||$396||$24||$118||$1,186||$99|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 2WD||$306||$458||$396||$24||$118||$1,302||$109|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 2WD||$306||$458||$396||$24||$118||$1,302||$109|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 2WD||$306||$458||$396||$24||$118||$1,302||$109|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 4WD||$306||$458||$396||$24||$118||$1,302||$109|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$306||$458||$396||$24||$118||$1,302||$109|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 2WD||$306||$458||$396||$24||$118||$1,302||$109|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 4WD||$306||$458||$396||$24||$118||$1,302||$109|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 4WD||$306||$458||$396||$24||$118||$1,302||$109|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 2WD||$342||$538||$396||$24||$118||$1,418||$118|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 2WD||$342||$538||$396||$24||$118||$1,418||$118|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 4WD||$342||$538||$396||$24||$118||$1,418||$118|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 4WD||$342||$538||$396||$24||$118||$1,418||$118|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$342||$538||$396||$24||$118||$1,418||$118|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 2WD||$342||$538||$396||$24||$118||$1,418||$118|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$342||$538||$396||$24||$118||$1,418||$118|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 4WD||$342||$538||$396||$24||$118||$1,418||$118|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 4WD||$342||$538||$396||$24||$118||$1,418||$118|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$342||$620||$396||$24||$118||$1,500||$125|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 4WD||$342||$620||$396||$24||$118||$1,500||$125|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Rate information does not factor in your specific Aurora location which can impact auto insurance rates considerably.
Full coverage or liability only
The example below shows the comparison of Dodge Ram auto insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage. Data assumes a clean driving record, no claims, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no policy discounts are applied.
When to drop full coverage
There is no exact formula of when to drop full coverage on your policy, but there is a broad guideline. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than about 10% of the vehicle's replacement cost less your deductible, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let's pretend your Dodge Ram replacement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would receive is $5,000 after paying your deductible. If you are paying over $500 annually for your policy with full coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are some cases where removing full coverage is not advised. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you can't afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should keep full coverage.
Companies offer lots of discounts on Dodge Ram insurance in Aurora
Some companies do not advertise every discount in a way that's easy to find, so we researched some of the best known and also the more inconspicuous credits available to bring down your rates. If you aren't receiving every discount you qualify for, you're paying more than you need to.
- Clubs and Organizations - Affiliation with certain professional organizations may earn a discount when getting a Aurora car insurance quote.
- Telematics Discount - Insureds who allow their company to study driving patterns remotely such as State Farm's In-Drive might see lower rates if their driving habits are good.
- Military Deployment Discount - Having a family member in the military could be rewarded with lower prices.
- ABS Braking Discount - Cars and trucks with ABS braking systems or traction control have fewer accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- First Accident Forgiveness - This one is not really a discount per se, but some companies like State Farm and GEICO will let one accident slide without getting socked with a rate hike with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a specific time period.
- Early Payment Discounts - If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of paying each month you may reduce your total bill.
- Aurora Homeowners Discount - Owning a home in Aurora can earn you a little savings since home ownership means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
Policy discounts save money, but most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So even though you would think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you aren't that lucky.
The information below visualizes the comparison of Dodge Ram annual premium costs with and without discounts. The rate quotes are based on a male driver, a clean driving record, no claims, Colorado state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, claim-free, multi-car, multi-policy, safe-driver, and marriage discounts applied.
The best insurance companies and their possible discounts are:
- 21st Century discounts include driver training, defensive driver, 55 and older, automatic seat belts, air bags, and homeowners.
- State Farm may have discounts that include good student, accident-free, student away at school, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and good driver.
- AAA offers discounts for AAA membership discount, multi-policy, good student, education and occupation, pay-in-full, and multi-car.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including good student, new vehicle discount, hybrid vehicle, new move discount, and newly retired.
- Progressive has discounts for good student, homeowner, online signing, online quote discount, multi-policy, and continuous coverage.
If you need affordable Dodge Ram insurance quotes, ask every company which discounts they offer. All car insurance discounts may not be available in your state.
How Insurance Providers Determine Dodge Ram Insurance Rates
Lots of factors are used in the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Most are fairly basic such as your driving history, although some other factors are more transparent such as your marital status or your vehicle rating. The best way to find cheaper insurance is to take a look at some of the factors that play a part in calculating your insurance rates. If you have some idea of what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make educated decisions that may result in much lower annual insurance costs.
Listed below are just a few of the factors used by your company to calculate your rates.
- File claims and pay more - Companies in Colorado generally give most affordable rates to policyholders that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you file a lot of claims you can look forward to higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of more catastrophic claims.
Avoid traffic tickets - Even a single citation can boost insurance rates twenty percent or more. Drivers who don't get tickets pay lower auto insurance prices as compared to careless drivers. Drivers unfortunate enough to have dangerous violations like DUI or reckless driving may find they need to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state DMV in order to prevent a license revocation.
The illustration below demonstrates how speeding tickets and at-fault collisions can influence Dodge Ram yearly insurance costs for each age group. The premiums assume a single female driver, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
- Stressful occupation may mean higher rates - Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for insurance? Careers such as military generals, airline pilots, and emergency personnel tend to pay the highest average rates attributed to intense work-related stress and lots of time spent away from family. On the flip side, occupations like professors, engineers and the unemployed have lower than average premiums.
- Increase physical damage deductibles and save - Deductibles for physical damage define how much you are required to spend out-of-pocket before a claim is paid by your company. Insurance for physical damage to your car, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, protects your car from damage. Examples of some claims that would be covered are collision with another vehicle, damage caused by hail, and having a roll-over accident. The higher the amount you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the less money you will pay for insurance.
- Never let your policy expire - Not having insurance is a big no-no and you may have a hard time finding new coverage because you let your insurance expire. And not only will insurance be more expensive, getting caught without coverage may result in a steep fine or even jail time. You may need to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Colorado motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
Gender and car insurance - Over time, data shows women tend to be less risk to insure than men. It does not mean men are worse drivers. Females and males tend to get into fender benders at a similar rate, but guys cause more damage. Not only are claims higher, but men get more serious tickets such as DWI and reckless driving.
The chart below shows the difference between Dodge Ram annual premium costs for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on no accidents, no driving violations, full coverage, $500 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to get professional advice
When it comes to choosing a policy for your personal vehicles, there isn't really a perfect coverage plan. Your needs are unique to you.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining if you might need an agent's assistance.
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
- Who is covered when they drive my Dodge Ram?
- Should I pay a claim out-of-pocket?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- What is glass protection for?
- Which companies will insure me after a DUI?
- What if a claim settlement is too low?
If you're not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form. It's fast, free and may give you better protection.
Insurance agencies near you
Many drivers still like to have an agent's advice and that can be a smart move Professional agents will help you protect your assets and help in the event of a claim. One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find the best rates and still have a local agent. And supporting small agencies is still important in Aurora.
Upon completion of this quick form, your coverage information is transmitted to agents in your area who will give you bids for your auto insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to find an agent because prices are sent directly to you. In the event you want to compare rates from a specific insurance company, don't hesitate to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
If you are wanting to find a local Aurora insurance agent, it's important to understand the types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Agents can either be independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either type can do a good job, but it's good to learn the subtle differences since it could factor into the type of agent you choose.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents that choose to be independent do not have single company limitations and that is an advantage because they can write policies with a variety of different insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don't have to switch agencies.
If you are comparing auto insurance prices, you will definitely want to contact at a minimum one independent agency so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Most also write with lesser-known insurance companies which may have better rates.
Shown below is a short list of independent agencies in Aurora that may be able to provide competitive price quotes.
- L.A. Insurance Agency
9601 E Colfax Ave - Aurora, CO 80010 - (303) 577-2400 - View Map
- A All City Auto Insurance
9720 E Colfax Ave - Aurora, CO 80010 - (303) 364-0555 - View Map
- ALINK Insurance Services
3033 S Parker Rd #120 - Aurora, CO 80014 - (303) 752-6479 - View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
These agents can only place business with one company such as Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. They generally cannot provide prices from multiple companies so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. They are well trained on the products they sell which aids in selling service over price. Many people buy from the same agent for years mostly because of the brand name and solid financial strength.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Aurora that are able to give price quote information.
- Jody Roberts - State Farm Insurance Agent
15260 E Hampden Ave - Aurora, CO 80014 - (303) 693-1650 - View Map
- American Family Insurance - Richard Ahrenkiel
2260 S Xanadu Way Ste 257 - Aurora, CO 80014 - (303) 750-6508 - View Map
- Sam Smith - State Farm Insurance Agent
13688 E Iliff Ave a - Aurora, CO 80014 - (720) 535-5506 - View Map
Choosing the best insurance agency should depend on more than just the price. Any agent in Aurora should be willing to answer these questions.
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Are they full-time agents?
If you feel you receive good responses and a good coverage price, you have narrowed it down to an auto insurance agent that meets your needs to properly insure your vehicles.
Persistence pays off
More affordable insurance in Aurora is definitely available online and also from your neighborhood Aurora agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best rate selection. A few companies may not have price quotes online and usually these regional carriers sell through local independent agents.
Consumers who switch companies do it for many reasons like delays in responding to claim requests, questionable increases in premium, being labeled a high risk driver and not issuing a premium refund. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a great new company is not as difficult as it may seem.
We just covered many ways to compare Dodge Ram insurance car insurance rates in Aurora. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get premium rates for, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the lowest car insurance rates come from some of the lesser-known companies.
To learn more, feel free to visit the articles below:
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- How Much is Auto Insurance After a Speeding Ticket in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Camry in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Aurora Auto Insurance for Seniors? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Infrequent Drivers in Aurora? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for a Subaru Impreza in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)