Chevy Cruze insurance image courtesy of QuoteInspector.com
Astonishing but true, almost 70% of drivers in Colorado have remained with the same car insurance company for over three years, and almost 40% of drivers have never shopped around. American insurance shoppers can cut their rates by 47% a year, but they think it's difficult to compare rates and save money.
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get cheaper Chevy Cruze insurance is to regularly compare prices from providers in Aurora. Prices can be compared by following these steps.
- Step 1: Read about the different coverages in a policy and the changes you can make to prevent high rates. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases like tickets, at-fault accidents, and poor credit history can be remedied by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Continue reading for the details to help keep rates affordable and earn larger discounts.
- Step 2: Get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from many different companies. View companies
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing policy and determine if cheaper Cruze coverage is available. If you find a lower rate quote and change companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Notify your company or agent of your decision to cancel your existing policy. Submit a down payment along with a signed application to the newly selected company. As soon as coverage is bound, place the new certificate verifying proof of insurance with the vehicle registration.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to make sure you enter identical coverages on every quote request and and to get rates from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this enables the most accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
If you are insured now, you will surely be able to reduce the price you pay using the concepts you're about to learn. Finding quotes for the best-priced protection in Aurora is quite easy. Nevertheless, Colorado drivers benefit from understanding how the larger insurance companies price insurance differently and use it to find better rates.
Compare quotes for Aurora Chevy Cruze insurance
To find cheap prices, there are a couple of ways to compare rate quotes from auto insurance companies in your area. The best way to compare rates is to get quotes online. When price shopping your coverage, more quotes will improve the odds of getting better pricing. Some companies don't provide online rate quotes, so it's recommended that you also compare rates from them, too.
The following companies are ready to provide price quotes in Aurora, CO. To buy the best car insurance in Aurora, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to find the cheapest rates.
Save with these discounts
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but there could be significant discounts to help offset the cost. Some of these discounts will be visible when you quote, but less common discounts must be specially asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Military Rewards - Having a deployed family member could be rewarded with lower premium rates.
- Federal Government Employee - Having worked for a branch of the government may reduce rates when you quote Aurora auto insurance with some car insurance companies.
- Accident Free - Drivers who don't have accidents have much lower rates in comparison with insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Air Bag Discount - Options like air bags may qualify for discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Aurora Homeowners Pay Less - Owning a house in Aurora can save you money because owning a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Waiver for an Accident - Not a discount per se, but a few companies such as Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm will forgive one accident before hitting you with a surcharge as long as you don't have any claims for a set time period.
- Seat Belt Usage - Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save a little off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Early Payment Discounts - If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of paying each month you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Organization Discounts - Being a member of qualifying clubs or civic groups is a good way to get lower rates when shopping for car insurance.
Drivers should understand that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when the math indicates you would end up receiving a 100% discount, car insurance companies aren't that generous.
Companies that may offer policyholders many of the previously listed discounts include:
Check with each company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some credits may not be offered in every state.
Auto insurance agents can help
Many people would rather get advice from a local agent and that is a smart decision A nice benefit of comparing rates online is you may find cheap auto insurance quotes and also buy local.
After filling out this quick form, the coverage information gets sent to companies in Aurora that give free quotes for your auto insurance coverage. There is no need to search for an agent because prices are sent immediately to you. You can find better rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, you can always go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Picking an company is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Where are claims handled?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
The difference between Aurora car insurance agents
If you want to use a good insurance agency, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents and how they can service your needs differently. Insurance agencies in Aurora can be classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can only provide one company's prices and some examples include AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide other company's prices so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are highly trained on what they offer which helps them sell on service rather than price. Consumers frequently use the same exclusive agent mainly due to the prominent brand name rather than low rates.
The following is a list of exclusive agencies in Aurora that can give you price quotes.
- Wayne Johnson - State Farm Insurance Agent
12201 E Mississippi Ave #105 - Aurora, CO 80012 - (303) 695-6262 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Norma Contreras
4272 S Chambers Rd - Aurora, CO 80014 - (303) 699-3327 - View Map
- Mark Peter State Farm Insurance Agency
12100 E Iliff Ave #104 - Aurora, CO 80014 - (303) 755-3220 - View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that choose to be independent are normally appointed by many insurers and that allows them to write policies through many companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If you want to switch companies, your agent can switch companies and you can keep the same agent.
When comparing rates, you will definitely want to get quotes from a few independent agents in order to have the best price comparison. Most can insure with additional companies that you may not be familiar with which can save you money.
Shown below is a short list of independent agencies in Aurora who can help you get price quote information.
- Colorado Insurance Professionals, Inc.
13693 E Iliff Ave - Aurora, CO 80014 - (303) 755-8600 - View Map
- Premier Insurance
2241 S Peoria St # 202 - Aurora, CO 80014 - (303) 337-3600 - View Map
- Dickson Insurance Agency
4093 S Olathe Ct - Aurora, CO 80013 - (303) 693-1936 - View Map
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When it comes to buying adequate coverage, there really is no "perfect" insurance plan. Everyone's situation is unique and your policy should reflect that. For example, these questions might point out if you could use an agent's help.
- Do I need higher collision deductibles?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- What are the best liability limits?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Save Money with These Tips
A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing some of the elements that go into determining your car insurance rates. If you understand what influences your rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can earn you lower premium levels.
The items below are some of the most common factors that factor into rates.
Getting married equates to better costs - Being married may cut your premiums compared to being single. Having a significant other generally demonstrates drivers are more stable financially and insurance companies like that drivers who are married are more cautious.
A policy lapse is a bad thing - Driving any period of time without insurance is illegal and you will pay a penalty because you let your coverage lapse. Not only will you pay higher rates, the inability to provide proof of insurance could earn you a steep fine or even jail time. Then you may be required to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Colorado motor vehicle department.
Men pay more for auto insurance - Over the last 30 years, statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. This data doesn't prove that females are better at driving than males. Both genders have auto accidents in similar percentages, but guys have costlier accidents. Not only that, but men also receive more major tickets like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Young males have the highest risk to insure and therefore pay the highest rates.
Lower premiums for safer vehicles - Vehicles with high crash test scores tend to have lower insurance rates. Safer cars have better occupant injury protection and lower rates of occupant injuries means your insurance company pays less and lower rates for you. If your Chevy Cruze has at least four stars on Safercar.gov you are probably receiving a discount.
Loss statistics for a Chevy Cruze - Companies use past insurance losses to help determine the rate you pay. Models that historically have increased losses will cost more for specific coverages.
The table below illustrates the loss history for Chevy Cruze vehicles. For each policy coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles, as an average, equals 100. Values that are below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while values that are 100 or greater show a trend for more claims or tendency to have larger claims.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance is an important decision
Even though it can be expensive, paying for insurance is required for several reasons.
First, just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a loan on your car, most banks will make it a condition of the loan that you buy full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may insure your Chevy at an extremely high rate and require you to fork over for the much more expensive policy.
Third, insurance protects both your car and your assets. Insurance will pay for most medical and hospital costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the cost, particularly for liability claims. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is overpaying more than $700 annually so we recommend shopping around each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
The best rates come from being thorough
There are still a few companies who do not offer rates over the internet and many times these smaller providers sell through local independent agents. Budget-conscious Chevy Cruze insurance is possible from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Aurora agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
We just showed you a lot of information how to shop for Chevy Cruze insurance online. It's most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. Consumers may even find the lowest car insurance rates come from some of the lesser-known companies. They may have significantly lower premium rates on certain market segments compared to the large companies like Progressive and GEICO.
To read more, feel free to browse these articles:
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for a Jeep Wrangler in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Aurora Auto Insurance Quotes for Teenage Females? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Aurora Auto Insurance Quotes for a Honda CR-V? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with Accidents in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)