Truthfully, the best way to quote cheaper car insurance rates in Aurora is to do a yearly price comparison from companies that sell auto insurance in Colorado.
- Spend some time learning about the coverage provided by your policy and the steps you can take to keep rates in check. Many things that drive up the price such as careless driving and poor credit rating can be eliminated by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium and see if you can save money. If you can save some money and switch companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Give notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current coverage and submit a down payment along with a completed application to your new carrier. When you receive it, store the proof of insurance certificate in an accessible location in your vehicle.
An important part of this process is that you use identical limits and deductibles on each quote and and to compare as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this provides the most accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
A recent study showed that the majority of drivers kept buying from the same company for more than four years, and almost half have never shopped around. Consumers in Colorado can save 35% each year, but most undervalue the amount of money they would save if they just switched companies.
Finding and comparing affordable coverage in Aurora is easy if you know what you’re doing. If you’re already insured or are just looking to switch companies, you can follow these tips to cut your premiums without sacrificing coverage. Vehicle owners only have to learn how to shop their coverage around from multiple carriers.
The following companies can provide price quotes in Aurora, CO. If you want cheap auto insurance in Aurora, CO, we suggest you compare several of them to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
Why insurance is not optional
Even though it can be expensive, buying insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Kia Niro has a lienholder, it’s guaranteed your bank will make it mandatory that you buy full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Kia at an extremely high rate and require you to fork over the higher premium.
- Insurance preserves not only your car but also your financial assets. It will also cover hospital and medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you have damage to your Kia as the result of the weather or an accident, your policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having insurance outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. The average driver in Colorado is wasting up to $855 a year so you should quote and compare rates at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Affordable Aurora insurance quotes with discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t always list all their discounts very well, so the list below contains some of the more common and the harder-to-find discounts that you may qualify for.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you can combine your homeowners and auto policy and insure them both with the same insurance company you could get a discount of over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Save with a New Car – Buying coverage on a new vehicle is cheaper because new model year vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Distant Student – Kids who live away from home to go to college and do not have access to a covered vehicle could qualify for this discount.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts could cut 10% or more on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select companies reward you with a break if you buy some life insurance too.
- Telematics Discount – Aurora drivers who agree to allow driving data collection to monitor driving patterns remotely like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm could possibly reduce rates if their driving habits are good.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So even though they make it sound like you can get free auto insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
The best insurance companies and the discounts they provide are outlined below.
- State Farm may have discounts that include accident-free, passive restraint, multiple autos, multiple policy, good student, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and anti-theft.
- Progressive includes discounts for multi-policy, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and continuous coverage.
- Progressive has savings for continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online signing, online quote discount, good student, and multi-policy.
- MetLife may include discounts for defensive driver, accident-free, multi-policy, claim-free, and good student.
- Farm Bureau may offer discounts for renewal discount, multi-policy, safe driver, good student, driver training, and multi-vehicle.
- GEICO discounts include military active duty, daytime running lights, defensive driver, seat belt use, emergency military deployment, and membership and employees.
- SAFECO offers discounts for teen safety rewards, teen safe driver, safe driver, bundle discounts, anti-theft, and homeowner.
When quoting, ask every insurance company what discounts are available to you. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered in Aurora. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies who offer free Kia Niro insurance quotes in Aurora, click this link.
When do I need an agent’s advice?
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing your policy, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Your situation is unique so this has to be addressed.
These are some specific questions can help discover if your situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totaled car?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- Should I pay a claim out-of-pocket?
- Does my Kia Niro qualify for pleasure use?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Local insurance agents
Many drivers prefer to talk to a local agent and that is not a bad decision Good insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help submit paperwork. One of the benefits of price shopping on the web is you can get better rates and still have an agent to talk to. Supporting local insurance agents is definitely important in Aurora.
By using this short form, your insurance data gets sent to local insurance agents who will give you bids for your coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to even leave your home since rate quotes are delivered to you. In the event you want to get a price quote for a specific company, feel free to jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Below is a short list of insurance companies in Aurora that are able to give comparison quotes for Kia Niro insurance in Aurora.
- Allstate Insurance: Roger Francis
18757 E Hampden Ave Ste 154 – Aurora, CO 80013 – (303) 792-3460 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Jeff Heinrich
5001 S Parker Rd – Aurora, CO 80015 – (303) 773-2019 – View Map
- Amercian Affordable Insurance: Arthur Blaszczyszn
10660 E Bethany Dr – Aurora, CO 80014 – (303) 577-9998 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Jack Sughrue
2226 S Fraser St Unit 4 – Aurora, CO 80014 – (303) 751-4701 – View Map
Picking an insurer needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price quote. Before buying a policy in Aurora, get answers to these questions.
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Aurora?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
Auto insurance coverages
Having a good grasp of your car insurance policy helps when choosing the best coverages for your vehicles. Car insurance terms can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. Listed below are the usual coverages found on most car insurance policies.
Liability auto insurance
This provides protection from damage that occurs to other people or property. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see values of 25/50/15 which means a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and a total limit of $15,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Alternatively, you may have one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which combines the three limits into one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability insurance covers things such as medical expenses, medical services and loss of income. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford. Colorado requires drivers to carry at least 25/50/15 but drivers should carry better liability coverage.
The illustration below shows why buying minimum limits may not be high enough to cover claims.
Coverage for medical payments
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for expenses such as EMT expenses, prosthetic devices, doctor visits, ambulance fees and rehabilitation expenses. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover both the driver and occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your Kia Niro.
Since many Colorado drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (Colorado limits are 25/50/15), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family. Most of the time the UM/UIM limits are set the same as your liability limits.
Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as damage from a tornado or hurricane, rock chips in glass, hitting a deer and hail damage. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
This will pay to fix damage to your Niro resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against claims like hitting a mailbox, driving through your garage door and scraping a guard rail. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. Another option is to choose a higher deductible on your Niro in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Shop smart and save
In this article, we presented many tips how you can get a better price on Kia Niro insurance in Aurora. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get rates for, the higher your chance of finding affordable Aurora car insurance quotes. You may even discover the best price on insurance is with the least-expected company. Some small companies often have lower rates on specific markets than their larger competitors like Allstate and Progressive.
Lower-priced Kia Niro insurance in Aurora is attainable online and with local Aurora insurance agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies don’t offer the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these smaller companies provide coverage only through independent insurance agents.
More detailed insurance information can be found in these articles:
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Veterans in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Camry in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Drivers with Bad Credit in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Infrequent Drivers in Aurora? (FAQ)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)