Wish you could get out of an expensive auto insurance policy? Don’t feel bad because many consumers are feeling buyer’s remorse and feel like there’s no way out.
Everyone knows that auto insurance companies want to prevent you from shopping around. Consumers who compare rates annually are highly likely to switch to a new company because there is a good probability of finding a more affordable policy. A recent survey found that drivers who routinely compared quotes saved on average $3,400 over four years compared to drivers who never compared prices.
If finding the best rates on Kia Amanti insurance in Aurora is your objective, then having a good understanding how to get price quotes and compare auto insurance can make shopping around easier.
Drivers have so many insurance companies to choose from, and even though it’s nice to have multiple companies, more choices can make it harder to get the best deal for Kia Amanti insurance in Aurora.
It’s smart to get comparison quotes every six months because auto insurance prices change regularly. Even if you think you had the lowest price on Kia Amanti insurance in Aurora on your last policy a different company probably has better rate quotes today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because we’re going to demonstrate the things you must know in order to lower your rates without sacrificing coverage.
The are a couple different ways to get quotes from car insurance companies in your area. The best way to find competitive Kia Amanti insurance rates is to jump online and get quotes.
Online shopping is fast and free, and it replaces the need to physically go to insurance agents’ offices. The ability to buy insurance online has reduced the need for local agents unless you prefer the peace of mind of a licensed agent. Drivers can get prices online but have a local agent actually write the policy.
Keep in mind that obtaining a wide range of quotes helps improve the odds of finding a lower rate than you’re paying now.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Aurora, CO. If your goal is to find the cheapest car insurance in Colorado, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Save with these discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t necessarily list every policy discount in an easy-to-find place, so the next list breaks down both the well known and also the more inconspicuous credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have steering control and anti-lock brakes have fewer accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Defensive Driving Course – Completing a class that teaches defensive driver techniques could possibly earn you a 5% discount if you qualify.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle up before driving may be able to save a few bucks off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Low Mileage – Maintaining low annual mileage could earn lower rates due to less chance of an accident.
- College Student – Any of your kids who are attending college and don’t have a car could qualify for this discount.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So even though you would think you can get free auto insurance, it just doesn’t work that way. But any discount should definitely cut your policy premiums.
A few popular companies and their possible discounts are included below.
- AAA has discounts for multi-policy, education and occupation, anti-theft, multi-car, good driver, and pay-in-full.
- Progressive includes discounts for multi-vehicle, homeowner, continuous coverage, online signing, multi-policy, good student, and online quote discount.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including student away at school, multiple autos, multiple policy, good student, anti-theft, safe vehicle, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Esurance offers discounts including Switch & Save, multi-car, homeowner, online quote, paid-in-full, emergency road assistance, and defensive driver.
- Nationwide may offer discounts for easy pay, accident-free, family plan, multi-policy, business or organization, good student, and anti-theft.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company how you can save money. Discounts may not apply in every state.
Get More Affordable Insurance Prices by Understanding These Factors
Many things are considered when quoting car insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving record, but some are not quite as obvious like your continuous coverage or how safe your car is.
Liability protection risk factors – Liability insurance provides coverage in the event that you are found liable for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. It will provide legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. Liability is cheap compared to comp and collision, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
Raising physical damage deductibles lowers costs – Insurance for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, helps pay for damage to your vehicle. Some examples of covered claims are a dented fender, vandalism, and damage from a fallen tree branch. Physical damage deductibles tell how much you are required to spend out-of-pocket in the event of a claim. The more expense you’re willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
Poor credit decisions can cost you – Credit rating factor in determining what you pay for car insurance. If your credit is low, you could be paying less to insure your Kia Amanti by repairing your credit. Drivers who have excellent credit scores tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers with lower credit scores.
Car insurance policy lapses increase prices – Driving any period of time without insurance is illegal and any future policy may cost more because you let your insurance expire. And not only will your rates increase, being ticketed for driving with no insurance could result in a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
If you don’t need it don’t buy it – Policies have extra coverages that can waste your money if you aren’t diligent. Add-on coverages like roadside assistance, death and dismemberment, and term life insurance are examples of these. The coverages may be enticing initially, but your needs may have changed so eliminate them to save money.
Younger drivers pay high premiums – Older, more experienced drivers are viewed as being more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents, and receive fewer citations. Beginning drivers are statistically shown to be less responsible when at the wheel of a vehicle and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher.
How many miles do you drive? – Driving more miles every year the higher the price you pay to insure it. Almost all companies calculate prices based on their usage. Cars and trucks left parked in the garage get more affordable rates than those used for commuting. It’s always a good idea to double check that your vehicle rating is showing the correct usage, because improper ratings can cost you money. Improper usage on your Amanti can cost quite a bit.
When to have guidance from an insurance agency
Some people would prefer to buy from a local agent and that can be a great decision One of the benefits of comparing rates online is you can get cheap insurance quotes but still work with a licensed agent. And buying from local agencies is still important in Aurora.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is sent to agents in your area who will give you quotes for your coverage. You don’t have to leave your computer because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. Get lower rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you want to get a rate quote from a particular provider, just jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
If you want to use a good Aurora insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agents are either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent agencies are normally appointed by many insurers and that enables them to quote your coverage through many companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If prices rise, they simply switch companies in-house and you don’t have to switch agencies. When comparing rates, it’s a good idea to get rate quotes from independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
The following is a partial list of independent insurance agencies in Aurora who may be able to give you competitive price quotes.
A All City Auto Insurance
9720 E Colfax Ave – Aurora, CO 80010 – (303) 364-0555 – View Map
BUD JUDY AGENCY, INC. (INDEPENDENT INSURANCE AGENCY)
2222 S Fraser St Unit 4 – Aurora, CO 80014 – (303) 368-5839 – View Map
Focus Insurance Agency
2993 S Peoria St #144 – Aurora, CO 80014 – (303) 695-6220 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents can usually just insure with one company such as Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. They usually cannot compare other company’s rates so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agencies are usually well trained on their company’s products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agents in Aurora who can help you get price quote information.
Picking an insurance agency should depend on more than just the premium amount. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- How are claims handled?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Aurora?
Best auto insurance company in Aurora
Selecting a highly-rated company is hard considering how many choices drivers have in Aurora. The ranking data shown next could help you pick which coverage providers to look at comparing rates from.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Affordable coverage is out there
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s very important that you do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. Too many times, someone dropped physical damage coverage to discover at claim time that it was a big error on their part. The proper strategy is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best possible price, not the least amount of coverage.
We just covered quite a bit of information on how to lower your Kia Amanti insurance car insurance rates in Aurora. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Aurora auto insurance, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the best car insurance rates are with a lesser-known regional company. Some small companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost compared to the large companies like State Farm and Allstate.
Steps to saving money on Kia Amanti insurance in Aurora
The best way we recommend to find more affordable car insurance rates in Aurora is to begin comparing prices regularly from companies who sell insurance in Colorado.
- Learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the factors you can control to keep rates down. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices such as distracted driving and an unacceptable credit history can be eliminated by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the quotes to your existing rates and see if there is a cheaper rate in Aurora. If you find a better price, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Provide proper notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your existing policy. Submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to your new agent or company. Once the application is submitted, keep the new certificate verifying coverage in your vehicle.
The critical component of shopping around is to use similar coverage information on each quote request and and to get prices from as many carriers as you can. This provides a fair price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Additional information is available at the links below
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Aurora Car Insurance for College Students? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Veterans in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Camry in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Aurora Auto Insurance Quotes for Teenage Females? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Corolla in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Aurora Auto Insurance for Electric Cars? (FAQ)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)