Want to learn the secrets to finding the cheapest Honda CR-Z insurance in Aurora? Comparison shopping for cheaper Honda CR-Z insurance in Aurora is very difficult for drivers not familiar with online rate comparisons. You have so many choices that it can quickly become a chore to find a more affordable company.
Steps to buying cheaper Honda CR-Z insurance in Aurora
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find cheaper quotes for auto insurance rates in Aurora is to start comparing prices regularly from insurance carriers in Colorado. Rate comparisons can be done by following these guidelines.
- Read and learn about how car insurance works and the things you can control to keep rates in check. Many things that drive up the price like inattentive driving and a bad credit rating can be rectified by paying attention to minor details. This article gives tips to get better rates and find overlooked discounts.
- Request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from many different companies. View companies
- Compare the new quotes to your existing policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you can save some money and switch companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Tell your current agent or company of your decision to cancel your current policy. Submit a down payment along with a signed application to the newly selected company. As soon as you receive it, store the certificate verifying proof of insurance with the vehicle registration.
The most important part of shopping around is to use similar coverage information on every price quote and and to look at as many carriers as you can. This guarantees a fair rate comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
Astonishing but true, 70% of consumers have purchased from the same company for four years or more, and just short of a majority have never compared rates from other carriers. Aurora drivers could save as much as 35% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they just don’t understand the benefits if they switched to a more affordable policy.
Smart consumers take time to get comparison quotes before your next renewal because prices are variable and change quite frequently. Just because you found the best deal on Honda CR-Z insurance in Aurora six months ago the chances are good that you can find a lower premium rate today. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because I’m going to teach you the only way to lower your annual insurance bill.
Buying the cheapest car insurance in Aurora is actually not that difficult if you follow our advice. If you have insurance now, you will most likely be able to save money using these methods. Nevertheless, Colorado drivers can benefit by having an understanding of the way insurance companies calculate your car insurance rates and take advantage of how the system works.
Aurora insurance discounts
Some providers don’t list all available discounts very clearly, so here is a list both the well known as well as some of the hidden credits that may apply to you.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Taking part in a course teaching defensive driving skills could save 5% or more if you qualify.
- Club Memberships – Belonging to specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could trigger savings on insurance.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This isn’t a discount exactly, but a few companies such as Allstate and Progressive permit an accident without raising rates with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you combine your home and auto policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you may save up to 20% and get you cheaper CR-Z insurance.
- 55 and Retired – Older drivers may be able to get a small discount on rates.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Insureds without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than less cautious drivers.
- Claim Free – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims are rewarded with significantly better rates on Aurora auto insurance quote when compared with insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Federal Government Employee – Federal government employees can earn a discount up to 10% depending on your company.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Just because it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, insurance companies aren’t that generous. Any qualifying discounts should definitely cut your policy premium.
A list of companies and the discounts they provide are detailed below.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for homeowner, electronic funds transfer, business and professional, distant student, and multi-car.
- Esurance offers discounts including safety device, Switch & Save, Pac-12 alumni, paid-in-full, renters, defensive driver, and anti-lock brakes.
- State Farm discounts include driver’s education, good driver, multiple autos, Steer Clear safe driver discount, Drive Safe & Save, and defensive driving training.
- GEICO includes discounts for good student, defensive driver, federal employee, emergency military deployment, and membership and employees.
- Allstate offers premium reductions for senior citizen, defensive driver, good student, new car, and anti-theft.
Check with all the companies which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts may not be available in Aurora. If you would like to choose from a list of companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Colorado, follow this link.
The quickest method to compare insurance rates from multiple companies is to know the fact all the major auto insurance companies actually pay money for the chance to compare rate quotes. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is provide a little information such as types of safety features, what your job is, an estimate of your credit level, and whether or not you need a SR-22. Those rating factors is then sent to all major companies and you will get price comparisons within a short period of time.
To get price quotes for your car now, click here and find out if lower rates are available in Aurora.
The following companies have been selected to offer price quotes in Aurora, CO. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
How Insurance Providers Determine Honda CR-Z Insurance Premiums
Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning the factors that go into determining the price you pay for auto insurance. If you know what determines premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may result in lower premium levels. Lots of things are used in the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are obvious like an MVR report, although some other factors are more obscure like your vehicle usage or your vehicle rating.
The following are a partial list of the pieces that factor into your rates.
- High comp and collision deductibles save money – Comp and collision deductibles are the amount of money you are willing to pay before your auto insurance pays a claim. Protection for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, is used to repair damage to your car. Some coverage claims are collision with another vehicle, animal collisions, or theft of your vehicle. The larger the amount you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the less money you will pay for auto insurance.
- Prices go up with performance – The make and model of the car you own makes a big difference in your car insurance bill. The best insurance prices will normally be found when insuring small economy passenger models, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
- Liability insurance is critical – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance will protect you if ever you are found to be at fault for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. This coverage provides for a legal defense which can cost a lot. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Urban residents pay more – Having an address in a small town is a positive aspect when talking about auto insurance. Fewer drivers on the road means less chance of accidents in addition to fewer liability claims. People in densely populated areas have more aggressive driving styles and much longer commute distances. More time behind the wheel means more chances of being involved in an auto accident.
Honda CR-Z statistical loss data – Insurance companies factor in insurance loss information to help determine the price you pay. Vehicles that the data shows to have high amounts or severity of claims will cost more for specific coverages. The table below illustrates the insurance loss data for Honda CR-Z vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is equal to 100. Values that are under 100 suggest a positive loss record, while numbers that are greater than 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or tendency to have higher losses.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Honda CR-Z Vehicles Specific Honda Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Honda CR-Z Hybrid 106 87 83 98BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Local Aurora car insurance agents
A small number of people would rather get advice from a local agent and that is not a bad decision One of the benefits of comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain the best rates but also keep your business local.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is emailed to agents in your area who want to provide quotes for your coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to even leave your home because prices are sent to your email. You can find better rates without requiring a lot of work. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing an company requires more thought than just the quoted price. These questions are important to ask:
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Aurora?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Aurora?
If you want to use a reliable insurance agency, it’s helpful to know the types of insurance agents to choose from. Car insurance policy providers can either be exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These type of agents have only one company to place business with and examples are State Farm, Allstate and AAA. These agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are trained well on their products and sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers frequently choose to use a exclusive agent mainly due to the brand name rather than low rates.
Below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Aurora who may provide you with comparison quotes.
- Scott Underwood State Farm Insurance
15322 E Alameda Pkwy #25 – Aurora, CO 80017 – (303) 745-3174 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Roger Francis
18757 E Hampden Ave Ste 154 – Aurora, CO 80013 – (303) 792-3460 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Larry Meurisse
1710 S Buckley Rd Unit 6 – Aurora, CO 80017 – (303) 752-1441 – View Map
Agents of this type are not restricted to one company and that enables them to quote your coverage through many companies and find you cheaper rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don’t have to find a new agent. If you need cheaper car insurance rates, you need to get some free quotes from at least one independent agent in order to compare the most rates. Many independent agencies also insure through less well-known companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
The following are independent insurance agents in Aurora that can give you price quote information.
- A Complete Home and Auto Insurance Agency
1080 S Sable Blvd – Aurora, CO 80012 – (303) 344-2886 – View Map
- Dickson Insurance Agency
4093 S Olathe Ct – Aurora, CO 80013 – (303) 693-1936 – View Map
- MG Insurance Brokers Llc
2600 S Parker Rd # 263 – Aurora, CO 80014 – (303) 309-6200 – View Map
Insurance is an important decision
Even though Aurora CR-Z insurance rates can get expensive, paying for insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability protection if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Honda CR-Z has a loan, almost all lenders will force you to buy insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Honda at a significantly higher premium and force you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Insurance protects both your Honda CR-Z and your personal assets. It will also provide coverage for many types of medical costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly for liability claims. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is wasting up to $865 each year so you should quote and compare rates once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are competitive.
Best car insurance company in Colorado
Buying coverage from the right insurance provider can be rather challenging considering how many companies sell insurance in Aurora. The company information below may help you analyze which auto insurance companies you want to consider to insure your vehicles.
Top 10 Aurora Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Esurance – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+
- The Hartford – A+
Top 10 Aurora Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 95%
- USAA – 94%
- AAA Insurance – 91%
- Nationwide – 90%
- State Farm – 90%
- The Hartford – 89%
- GEICO – 89%
- Allstate – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
- The General – 88%
Persistent drivers can save
When shopping online for car insurance, do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are too many instances where drivers have reduced physical damage coverage only to discover later they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate, but do not skimp to save money.
Consumers who switch companies do it for many reasons like being labeled a high risk driver, questionable increases in premium, not issuing a premium refund and policy cancellation. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
We just showed you some good ideas how you can find lower-cost Honda CR-Z insurance in Aurora. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote Aurora auto insurance, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the lowest rates are with a small mutual company.
How to buy low-cost Honda CR-Z insurance in Aurora
If you want to save the most money, the best way to find more affordable Honda CR-Z insurance in Aurora is to compare prices once a year from companies who provide car insurance in Colorado. You can compare prices by following these steps.
First, spend a few minutes and learn about policy coverages and the things you can change to keep rates down. Many rating criteria that drive up the price like inattentive driving and a bad credit rating can be improved by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
Second, get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from multiple insurance companies. Compare rates
Third, compare the quotes to the price on your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a better price, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
Fourth, notify your current company of your decision to cancel your current policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application for your new policy. Don’t forget to put the certificate of insurance in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
The key thing to remember is that you use the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get price quotes from every insurance company. This enables a fair rate comparison and a better comparison of the market.
More tips and info about car insurance is located by following these links:
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Aurora Auto Insurance for Immigrants? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Aurora Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Fusion? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Nurses in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Lyft Drivers in Aurora? (FAQ)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)