Price shopping your Pontiac Solstice insurance in Aurora can be very difficult for beginners to comparison shopping online. Consumers have so many options that it can be hard work to find better rates on Pontiac Solstice insurance.
How to find cheaper Pontiac Solstice insurance in Aurora
Truthfully, the best way to save money on Pontiac Solstice insurance in Aurora is to compare prices at least once a year from providers in Colorado.
- First, read and learn about how insurance works and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases such as your driving record and a negative credit history can be rectified by making minor changes to your lifestyle. This article gives more details to help reduce prices and find overlooked discounts.
- Second, compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can give you price quotes for many different companies.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to determine if you can save on Solstice insurance. If you find better rates, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Fourth, provide written notification to your current company to cancel your current coverage and submit the completed application along with a down payment for your new coverage. As soon as you receive it, safely store the certificate verifying coverage along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
The most important part of shopping around is to try to compare the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get price estimates from every company you can. This ensures the most accurate price comparison and the best price quote selection.
We don’t have to tell you that insurance companies don’t want customers comparing rates. Drivers who shop around for cheaper rates are highly likely to switch to a new company because there is a good probability of finding lower rate quotes. A survey found that consumers who made a habit of comparing rates saved approximately $3,400 over four years as compared to drivers who didn’t regularly shop around.
If saving money on auto insurance is why you’re reading this, then learning a little about the best ways to find and compare car insurance can make it easier to find better rates.
The quickest method to compare car insurance company rates for Pontiac Solstice insurance in Aurora utilizes the fact car insurance companies participate in online systems to quote your coverage. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is provide the companies a bit of rating information including your education level, your occupation, how your vehicles are used, and if your license is active. Your details is instantly provided to insurance companies and you receive quotes quickly.
To compare rates for your Pontiac Solstice now, click here and enter the information requested.
The providers in the list below can provide comparison quotes in Colorado. To find the best auto insurance in Aurora, CO, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Car insurance does more than just protect your car
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Pontiac in Aurora, insuring your vehicle serves several important purposes.
First, most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your Pontiac Solstice has a loan, it’s most likely the lender will have a requirement that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If the policy lapses, the bank will be required to insure your Pontiac at a much higher premium rate and force you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
Third, insurance protects not only your Pontiac but also your assets. Insurance will pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially if you ever need it. Today the average American driver overpays as much as $750 every year so compare rates once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Pontiac Solstice Insurance Price Factors
One of the most helpful ways to save on car insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the things that aid in calculating your premiums. When you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables you to make decisions that can earn you much lower annual insurance costs.
Cautious drivers have lower prices – How you drive has a huge affect on how much you pay. Drivers who don’t get tickets tend to pay less for car insurance than bad drivers. Even one speeding ticket can boost insurance rates to the point where it’s not affordable. Drivers who have license-revoking tickets like reckless driving or DUI may find that they have to to prove financial responsibility with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
Long commutes cost more – Driving more miles each year the more it will cost to insure it. Most companies charge to insure your cars partially by how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks that do not get driven very much qualify for better rates than those used for commuting. An incorrectly rated Solstice is just wasting money. Double check that your car insurance policy reflects the correct driver usage, because it can save money.
Car insurance rates and your job – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Jobs like fire fighters, airline pilots, and emergency personnel tend to have the highest average rates attributed to intense work-related stress and lengthy work days. On the other hand, professions such as professors, historians and the unemployed have the lowest average rates.
Liability coverage safeguards assets – Liability coverage kicks in if ever you are determined to be liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Liability provides legal defense which can cost a lot. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to comp and collision, so do not cut corners here.
Lower rates by staying claim free – If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can expect either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Insurance companies in Colorado award discounts to drivers who only file infrequent claims. Your car insurance is intended to be relied upon for claims that pose a financial burden.
Where you reside can modify rates – Having an address in less populated areas has definite advantages when talking about car insurance. Fewer drivers corresponds to lower accident rates as well as less vandalism and auto theft. People who live in big cities tend to have congested traffic and longer commute times. The longer drive time translates into higher accident risk.
Get cheaper rates after the wedding – Having a significant other may save some money compared to being single. Having a significant other translates into being more financially stable and statistics show drivers who are married are more cautious.
Insurance discounts help lower rates for Pontiac Solstice insurance in Aurora
Some companies do not advertise every discount they offer in an easy-to-find place, so the below list has some of the more common as well as the least known credits available to you.
- Good Student – Performing well in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. The discount lasts up to age 25.
- Renewal Discounts – A few insurance companies give discounts for switching policies early. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to wear their seat belts can save up to 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Student Driver Training – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers take driver’s ed class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts may get savings of 20 to 30 percent.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Buying coverage for multiple vehicles on one policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Paperless Signup – A handful of companies will give a small break for completing your application on your computer.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency so companies will give you a small discount.
- Employee of Federal Government – Active or former government employment could qualify for a slight premium decrease depending on your insurance provider.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Keeping the miles down on your Pontiac could qualify for substantially lower insurance rates.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like you can get free auto insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
A few popular companies and some of the discounts are shown below.
- State Farm may offer discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple policy, passive restraint, accident-free, safe vehicle, multiple autos, and driver’s education.
- GEICO offers discounts including driver training, air bags, good student, daytime running lights, and anti-lock brakes.
- Allstate may include discounts for teenSMART discount, anti-lock brakes, senior citizen, defensive driver, premier plus, multi-policy, and auto/life discount.
- SAFECO offers discounts for accident prevention training, teen safe driver, safe driver, anti-lock brakes, multi-car, and drive less.
- Farm Bureau has discounts for multi-policy, driver training, multi-vehicle, renewal discount, and youthful driver.
- Progressive includes discounts for good student, online signing, continuous coverage, homeowner, and online quote discount.
- AAA has savings for anti-theft, pay-in-full, good student, multi-car, good driver, and multi-policy.
Before you buy a policy, ask every company to give you their best rates. Some discounts listed above might not be available to policyholders everywhere. To find companies that offer some of these discounts in Aurora, click here to view.
Buying from car insurance agents
A small number of people still prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that can be a great decision A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is that you can find cheap auto insurance rates and still choose a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your insurance coverage information is sent to companies in Aurora who will gladly provide quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You never need to search for an agent due to the fact that quote results will go to the email address you provide. You can find lower rates without requiring a lot of work. If you wish to compare rates from one company in particular, you just need to go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing the best insurer should include more criteria than just a low price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from a local Aurora insurance agency, it’s important to understand the types of insurance agents to choose from. Auto insurance agents can either be exclusive agents or independent agents.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive write business for a single company and some examples include State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. These agents are not able to provide rate quotes from other companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are well schooled in insurance sales and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Some insured continue to purchase coverage from exclusives primarily because of high brand loyalty rather than having the cheapest rates.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Aurora that can give you rate quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Norma Contreras
4272 S Chambers Rd – Aurora, CO 80014 – (303) 699-3327 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Steve Sellers Agency Inc.
15200 E Girard Ave Ste 4025 – Aurora, CO 80014 – (303) 696-2698 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Danielle Shannon Agency
6820 S Liverpool St d – Aurora, CO 80016 – (303) 676-8071 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents of this type do not have single company limitations and that enables them to quote your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. If they quote lower rates, they simply move your policy to a different company and the insured can keep the same agent. When comparing auto insurance prices, we recommend you include price quotes from several independent insurance agents to get the most accurate price comparison. Most independent agents also contract with mutual insurance companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Listed below are Aurora independent insurance agents willing to provide comparison quotes.
- All Drivers Insurance
12142 E Mississippi Ave – Aurora, CO 80012 – (303) 695-1000 – View Map
- L.A. Insurance Agency
9601 E Colfax Ave – Aurora, CO 80010 – (303) 577-2400 – View Map
- Amercian Affordable Insurance: Arthur Blaszczyszn
10660 E Bethany Dr – Aurora, CO 80014 – (303) 577-9998 – View Map
One last thing to lower rates
Cheap Pontiac Solstice insurance in Aurora is attainable both online and from local insurance agents, so you need to shop Aurora auto insurance with both to have the best selection. A few companies may not provide the ability to get quotes online and these smaller providers only sell through independent insurance agents.
Consumers switch companies for a variety of reasons including lack of trust in their agent, high prices, not issuing a premium refund or even policy cancellation. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new company is not as hard as you think.
As you shop your coverage around, it’s very important that you do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are many occasions where consumers will sacrifice physical damage coverage to discover at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The aim is to buy enough coverage at the best cost.
Steps to finding low-cost rates for Pontiac Solstice insurance in Aurora
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get affordable Pontiac Solstice insurance is to regularly compare prices from companies who provide auto insurance in Aurora. You can compare rates by following these guidelines.
First, spend some time learning about the coverage provided by your policy and the steps you can take to prevent rate increases. Many rating criteria that drive up the price like accidents, traffic violations, and an unacceptable credit score can be controlled by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
Second, request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for many different companies.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a better price and decide to switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
Fourth, give notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your existing policy and submit the required down payment along with the signed application to your new insurance company. Make sure you put the new certificate verifying proof of insurance along with your vehicle registration.
One piece of advice is to compare identical deductibles and limits on every price quote and and to get price estimates from all possible companies. Doing this enables a fair price comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Additional information can be found at these links:
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Aurora Car Insurance for College Students? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Aurora Car Insurance for a Subaru Outback? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Low Mileage Drivers in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Escape in Aurora? (FAQ)
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)