It’s hard to fathom, but nearly 70% of consumers have bought auto insurance from the same company for four years or more, and nearly half have never compared rates to find cheaper insurance. The average driver in Aurora can cut their rates by roughly 35% a year by just shopping around, but they don’t understand how simple it is to compare rate quotes.
The recommended way to get affordable auto insurance rates in Aurora is to annually compare prices from insurers who sell insurance in Colorado. You can compare rates by following these steps.
- Try to understand how car insurance works and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that drive up the price such as at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a substandard credit score can be remedied by being financially responsible and driving safely. This article provides the details to help keep rates affordable and get additional discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates and see if there is a cheaper rate in Aurora. If you find a lower rate, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Give proper notification to your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your existing policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment to your new insurance company. Be sure to put the new proof of insurance certificate in your vehicle.
An important bit of advice to remember is to use identical limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get rates from as many companies as feasibly possible. This enables the most accurate price comparison and a complete rate analysis.
If you are insured now, you will surely be able to find the best rates using this information. We hope to help you learn how car insurance companies work and some tricks to saving. Although Colorado consumers do need to understand the way companies market insurance on the web because rates are impacted by many factors.
Low Cost Lexus insurance rates in Aurora
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer free quotes in Colorado. If your goal is to find cheaper car insurance in Colorado, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Statistics and details
The rate table shown below highlights detailed analysis of policy rates for Lexus RX 350 models. Having a better understanding of how insurance prices are figured can aid in making smart choices when comparing insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|RX 350 2WD||$238||$490||$416||$24||$124||$1,292||$108|
|RX 350 4WD||$238||$490||$416||$24||$124||$1,292||$108|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and safe-driver. Rates do not factor in specific location which can impact price quotes significantly.
The illustration below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can impact Lexus RX 350 insurance premiums for different age groups. The rates are based on a married male driver, full coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Should you buy full coverage?
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Lexus RX 350 insurance rates with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The premiums assume no claims or violations, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to stop buying comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no definitive rule to stop buying physical damage insurance, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than around 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Lexus RX 350 replacement cost is $8,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, you would only receive $7,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are paying over $700 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are a few cases where buying only liability insurance is not a good idea. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest in the vehicle. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not drop full coverage.
These discounts can slash Lexus RX 350 insurance rates
Companies don’t necessarily list the complete list of policy discounts very clearly, so the below list has some of the more common and the more hidden discounts that may be available.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you can combine your home and auto policy with the same company they may give you a discount of up to 20% off your total RX 350 insurance premium.
- Organization Discounts – Belonging to a qualifying organization could earn you a nice discount on your policy.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and will save you 10% or more on RX 350 insurance in Aurora.
- Driving Data Discount – Insureds who allow driving data submission to study driving patterns remotely such as State Farm’s In-Drive may see discounts if their driving habits are good.
- Responsible Driver Discounts – Accident-free drivers can pay as much as 50% less than less cautious drivers.
- Mature Driver Discount – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens could receive a slight reduction on a Aurora auto insurance quote.
Don’t be surprised that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, insurance companies aren’t that generous.
The information below illustrates the difference between Lexus RX 350 yearly insurance costs with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The premium estimates are based on a male driver, a clean driving record, no claims, Colorado state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, multi-car, marriage, and safe-driver discounts applied.
To see a list of insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Aurora, follow this link.
How Car Insurance Companies Determine Lexus RX 350 Insurance Costs
Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning a few of the rating criteria that go into determining your policy premiums. When you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables informed choices that can help you get better auto insurance rates.
- Low mileage costs less – The more you drive every year the more you’ll pay to insure it. A lot of insurance companies calculate rates determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars left parked in the garage receive better premium rates than those used for commuting. It’s always a good idea to double check that your auto insurance policy is showing the right rating data. Incorrect rating for your RX 350 is just wasting money.
Rates increase with driving citations – Drivers who don’t get tickets have lower premiums than people who have multiple driving citations. Getting just one speeding ticket or other violation can increase the cost of insurance twenty percent or more. Drivers who have flagrant tickets such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may face state-mandated requirements to file a SR-22 with their state’s licensing department in order to keep their license.
The chart below demonstrates how speeding tickets and at-fault accidents can influence Lexus RX 350 yearly insurance costs for different ages of insureds. Data assumes a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
- Save money by eliminating incidental coverages – Insurance policies have a lot of extra coverages that may not really be needed but may not be useful. Coverage for things like vanishing deductibles, death and dismemberment, and additional equipment coverage may be wasting your money. These may sound like a good investment at first, but now you might not need them so eliminate them to save money.
- Don’t let your policy lapse – Driving without insurance coverage in place is not a good idea and auto insurance companies will penalize you for letting your coverage cancel without a new policy in place. And not only will insurance be more expensive, failure to provide proof of insurance might get you a steep fine or even jail time.
Claims statistics for a Lexus RX 350 – Auto insurance companies use data from past claims to help determine rates. Models that statistically have increased losses will cost more to insure.
The next table illustrates the collected loss data for Lexus RX 350 vehicles. For each coverage category, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is represented as 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while numbers shown that are more than 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Lexus RX 350 Insurance Loss Statistics Specific Lexus Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Lexus RX 350 4dr 2WD 111 96 91 72 97 88 Lexus RX 350 4dr 4WD 122 99 112 83 75 78BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Compare prices but work with a neighborhood Aurora auto insurance agent
Certain consumers prefer to go talk to an agent and often times that is recommended An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain better rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from and supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is still important in Aurora.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Aurora who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact an agency since rate quotes are delivered directly to your email. You can find the lowest rates AND a local agent. In the event you want to get a price quote from one company in particular, you would need to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Do you need an independent or exclusive car insurance agent?
When finding a reputable insurance agent or broker, it’s helpful to know the different agency structures from which to choose. Agencies in Aurora can be described as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Independent agencies are appointed with more than one company and that allows them to write policies with many different companies and potentially find a lower price. If they find a lower price, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don’t have to switch agencies.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you definitely need to compare quotes from at a minimum one independent agency in order to compare the most rates. Many independent agencies also insure through small regional insurance companies which may provide better rates.
Shown below is a small list of independent insurance agencies in Aurora who can help you get pricing information.
- Premier Insurance
2241 S Peoria St # 202 – Aurora, CO 80014 – (303) 337-3600 – View Map
- MG Insurance Brokers Llc
2600 S Parker Rd # 263 – Aurora, CO 80014 – (303) 309-6200 – View Map
- Focus Insurance Agency
2993 S Peoria St #144 – Aurora, CO 80014 – (303) 695-6220 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only provide pricing for a single company like American Family, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company’s rates so you might not find the best rates. These agents are well trained on the products they sell and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Consumers frequently choose to use an exclusive agent mainly due to the brand name rather than low rates.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Aurora that can give you price quote information.
- American Family Insurance – Patricia Davis
1627 S Havana St e – Aurora, CO 80012 – (303) 360-9831 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Patricia Rusho
13780 E Rice Pl #112 – Aurora, CO 80015 – (303) 317-2411 – View Map
- Robbie Wright – State Farm Insurance Agent
3091 S Jamaica Ct #130 – Aurora, CO 80014 – (303) 597-1997 – View Map
Finding the right car insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. The following questions are important to ask.
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
Don’t give up on cheaper premiums
Low-cost Lexus RX 350 insurance in Aurora is available online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you need to quote Aurora auto insurance with both so you have a total pricing picture. Some companies do not provide online quoting and usually these smaller companies only sell coverage through local independent agencies.
Drivers change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including questionable increases in premium, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, policy cancellation or delays in responding to claim requests. It doesn’t matter what your reason, choosing a new company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
We’ve covered many ideas to reduce Lexus RX 350 insurance premium rates online in Aurora. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the lowest premium rates are with a small mutual company.
For more information, feel free to visit the articles below:
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much is Auto Insurance After a Speeding Ticket in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Aurora Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Fusion? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Aurora Auto Insurance for a Ford F-150? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Corolla in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Teachers in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Inexperienced Drivers in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Active Military in Aurora? (FAQ)
- How Much is Aurora Auto Insurance for Hybrid Vehicles? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Silverado in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)