It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get cheaper Kia Soul EV insurance in Aurora is to regularly compare price quotes from insurance carriers in Colorado.
First, gain an understanding of how companies set rates and the factors you can control to keep rates low. Many factors that cause high rates such as speeding and a substandard credit score can be eliminated by paying attention to minor details.
Second, compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can quote rates for many different companies.
Third, compare the quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if you can save on Soul EV insurance in Aurora. If you find a lower rate, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, give notification to your current company to cancel your existing policy and submit the required down payment along with the signed application for your new policy. As soon as you have the new policy, store the certificate verifying proof of insurance in an easily accessible location.
A key point to remember is to try to compare identical deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to compare every insurance company. Doing this guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price quote selection.
Unthinkable but true, 70% of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for over three years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never quoted rates to find lower-cost coverage. American consumers could save $850 a year by just shopping around, but they don’t want to take the time to shop around.
Most larger insurance companies such as GEICO, State Farm and Progressive give coverage prices on the web. This process is pretty painless because you just enter your coverage preferences as detailed in the form. After the form is submitted, the quote system automatically orders reports for credit and driving violations and returns a price quote based on the information you submitted.
This makes it simple to compare prices and it’s absolutely necessary to have as many quotes as possible in order to find cheap rates.
To save time and find out how much you can save on insurance, check out the insurance providers below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you copy your coverages identical to your current policy. This helps ensure you are getting a price comparison using the same coverage and limits.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Colorado. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Insurance is an important decision
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Kia Soul EV in Aurora, buying insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability protection in order to license the vehicle. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Soul EV has a lienholder, most banks will make it a condition of the loan that you carry insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Kia at a much higher rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects not only your Kia but also your assets. Insurance will pay for hospital and medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your Kia gets damaged, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having insurance outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. According to a recent study, the average American driver overpays more than $800 each year so it’s recommended you shop around each time the policy renews to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Aurora Insurance Premiums are Influenced by These Factors
Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning a few of the rating criteria that help determine your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what determines premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with lower rates. Many things are used when pricing auto insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving record, but other factors are less apparent such as your marital status or your vehicle rating.
Shown below are some of the most rate-impacting factors companies use to determine your rates.
Never let your auto insurance policy lapse – Having an insurance coverage lapse is a sure-fire way to bump up your auto insurance costs. In addition to paying higher premiums, getting caught without coverage could earn you fines and jail time. You may need to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Colorado motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
Insure your auto and home with one company – Most major companies will give lower prices to clients that buy multiple policies in the form of a multi-policy discount. The discount can be as much as ten percent or more Even if you already get this discount, it’s still a good idea to check prices from other companies to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
Save miles and save money – The higher the miles on your Kia each year the higher your rates will be. A lot of companies rate vehicles based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars that have low annual miles qualify for better rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Soul EV can cost quite a bit. It’s a smart idea to ensure your policy states the correct usage for each vehicle, because improper ratings can cost you money.
High premiums for younger drivers – Inexperience drivers are statistically proven to get distracted easily when behind the wheel therefore auto insurance rates are much higher. Older drivers are more cautious drivers, tend to file fewer claims, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
Prevent theft and save – Choosing to buy a car with a theft deterrent system can help bring down rates. Anti-theft devices like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all help stop car theft.
Rental and towing coverage may not be needed – Policies have extra add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying on your auto insurance policy. Coverage for things like roadside assistance, accident forgiveness, and additional equipment coverage are some examples. These coverages may sound good at first, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so eliminate them to save money.
Lower prices by staying claim free – Insurance companies in Colorado generally give better rates to people who are not frequent claim filers. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can look forward to much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Your car insurance is meant to be used in the event of claims that you cannot pay yourself.
Better prices on safer cars – Vehicles with high crash test scores tend to be cheaper to insure. Vehicles built for safety reduce the chance of injuries and better occupant protection translates directly to fewer claims and thus lower rates. If your Kia Soul EV scored at minimum four stars on Safercar.gov it may be receiving lower rates.
Discounts for cheap auto insurance quotes
Some insurers don’t always publicize every discount available in an easy-to-find place, so we researched some of the more common as well as some of the hidden discounts that you may qualify for. If they aren’t giving you every credit you deserve, you could be getting lower rates.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Maintaining low annual mileage can qualify you for lower rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Safe Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents could pay up to 40% less than drivers with accidents.
- Driver Education Discount – Have your child take driver’s ed class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Braking Control Discount – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive and will save you 10% or more on Soul EV insurance in Aurora.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Larger insurance companies have better prices if you take out life insurance from them.
- Online Discount – A few larger online companies will give a small break just for signing your application on your computer.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Most cut individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So when the math indicates you can get free auto insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
A few of the larger companies and some of the discounts can be read below.
- American Family discounts include good student, air bags, accident-free, multi-vehicle, and defensive driver.
- Farm Bureau has discounts for 55 and retired, youthful driver, renewal discount, safe driver, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm offers discounts including multiple policy, passive restraint, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good driver, and defensive driving training.
- Travelers policyholders can earn discounts including new car, home ownership, good student, multi-policy, save driver, and early quote.
- The Hartford has savings for defensive driver, driver training, good student, anti-theft, bundle, vehicle fuel type, and air bag.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for membership and employees, five-year accident-free, multi-vehicle, good student, and driver training.
- Progressive may offer discounts for online signing, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, multi-policy, good student, and homeowner.
If you need lower rates, check with each company or agent to apply every possible discount. Some discounts may not apply to policies everywhere.
Insurance agents near you
A lot of people still like to talk to a local agent. Good agents can help you build your policy and help submit paperwork. The best thing about comparing rates online is the fact that you can find the lowest rates and still buy from a local agent. Supporting neighborhood agents is still important in Aurora.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your information is submitted to insurance agents in Aurora that can provide free Aurora car insurance quotes for your coverage. You don’t have to contact any insurance agencies because prices are sent to the email address you provide. If you have a need to compare prices from one company in particular, feel free to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
If you prefer to buy auto insurance from a good insurance agency, it’s important to understand the different types of agents and how they can service your needs differently. Agencies in Aurora can either be exclusive or independent. Both can do a good job, but it’s a good idea to understand how they differ since it may influence your selection of an agent.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent are not employed by any specific company so they have the ability to put coverage amongst many companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If you are not satisfied with one company, your agent can switch companies and you don’t have to switch agencies. When searching for an agent, it’s recommended you get quotes from several independent agencies for maximum quote selection. They also have the ability to place coverage with lesser-known insurance companies which may provide better rates.
Below are independent insurance agents in Aurora that can give you free auto insurance quotes.
- Amercian Affordable Insurance: Arthur Blaszczyszn
10660 E Bethany Dr – Aurora, CO 80014 – (303) 577-9998 – View Map
- A All City Auto Insurance
9720 E Colfax Ave – Aurora, CO 80010 – (303) 364-0555 – View Map
- BUD JUDY AGENCY, INC. (INDEPENDENT INSURANCE AGENCY)
2222 S Fraser St Unit 4 – Aurora, CO 80014 – (303) 368-5839 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel normally can only provide a single company’s rates and some examples include State Farm, Allstate and AAA. These agents are unable to shop your coverage around so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are well schooled on what they offer which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Some consumers prefer to choose to use an exclusive agent primarily because of the brand legacy and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Aurora that can give you price quotes.
- Lawrence Neal – State Farm Insurance Agent
15037 E Colfax Ave k – Aurora, CO 80011 – (303) 340-8849 – View Map
- John Baer – State Farm Insurance Agent
6155 S Main St #240 – Aurora, CO 80016 – (303) 680-7777 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – John Flores
2821 S Parker Rd #235 – Aurora, CO 80014 – (720) 789-7980 – View Map
Finding the right car insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Will one accident increase rates?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Aurora?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- How are claims handled?
Shop smart and save
People switch companies for any number of reasons including high prices, lack of trust in their agent, policy non-renewal and even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. No matter why you want to switch, finding a great new company is less work than it seems.
The cheapest Kia Soul EV insurance in Aurora is attainable both online in addition to many Aurora insurance agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best chance of saving money. There are still a few companies who do not offer rates over the internet and most of the time these small insurance companies provide coverage only through independent agents.
In this article, we covered a lot of techniques to compare Kia Soul EV insurance rates in Aurora. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Aurora car insurance, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. Consumers could even find that the lowest rates come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
To read more, feel free to visit the resources below:
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Single Moms in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Teenage Males in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Aurora Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 70? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)