If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get the cheapest Cadillac ATS insurance is to start doing a yearly price comparison from different companies who provide car insurance in Aurora.
- Step 1: Learn about coverages and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that cause rate increases such as careless driving and poor credit rating can be controlled by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Later in this article we will cover additional tips to help find cheaper rates and get bigger discounts.
- Step 2: Obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from multiple sources.
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to your existing policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find better rates, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Provide adequate notice to your current company of your decision to cancel your current coverage and submit a signed application and payment for the new coverage. As soon as you can, put the new proof of insurance certificate in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
One important bit of advice is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get rates from all possible companies. Doing this provides an apples-to-apples comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Unimaginable but true, the vast majority of car insurance customers in Colorado have purchased from the same company for well over three years, and 38% of customers have never compared car insurance rates at all. With the average car insurance premium being $1,847, U.S. drivers can cut their rates by about $850 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don’t understand how simple it is to compare rate quotes.
If you are insured now, you will most likely be able to buy cheaper auto insurance using these methods. Buying the cheapest auto insurance in Aurora can be much easier if you know how to start. Although Colorado consumers should learn how companies set your policy premium because it can help you find the best coverage.
To get low cost Aurora auto insurance quotes, there a variety of ways to compare rate quotes from many available auto insurance companies in Colorado. The best method to find affordable insurance rates is to jump online and get quotes.
Comparing rate quotes online is fast and free, and it makes it a waste of time to drive to all the different insurance agencies. The fact that you can get quotes online makes this unnecessary unless you’re the type of person who wants the professional guidance only provided by licensed agents. Drivers can find lower rates online but buy the policy through an agent.
It’s important to know that comparing more rates from different companies helps you find more affordable insurance. Not every company allows you to get price estimates online, so it’s recommended that you also compare price quotes from those companies as well.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer quotes in Aurora, CO. To locate cheaper auto insurance in Aurora, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
These discounts can lower your insurance rates
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but companies offer discounts that can help lower your rates. Many discounts should be triggered when you complete an application, but a few must be specifically requested prior to receiving the credit.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Employees or retirees of the government may reduce rates when you quote Aurora auto insurance but check with your company.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-lock braking systems have fewer accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Driving less can qualify you for substantially lower premium rates.
- Theft Deterrent System – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices help deter theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you have multiple policies with the same company you will save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not a discount per se, but some insurance companies will forgive one accident without the usual rate increase so long as you are claim-free prior to the accident.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Insuring a new ATS may earn a small discount compared to insuring an older model.
- Save over 55 – Seniors can get a discount up to 10%.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags can receive discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
You should keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Even though it may seem like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you’re out of luck. Any qualifying discounts will positively reduce your policy premium.
The best insurance companies and their possible discounts are included below.
- Progressive may offer discounts for multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, online quote discount, continuous coverage, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include good student, youthful driver, business and professional, multi-car, teen driver, and distant student.
- Farm Bureau has savings for driver training, renewal discount, safe driver, good student, 55 and retired, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- State Farm offers discounts for accident-free, defensive driving training, safe vehicle, anti-theft, and multiple policy.
- GEICO offers discounts including anti-theft, air bags, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, daytime running lights, and membership and employees.
- SAFECO includes discounts for teen safety rewards, multi-car, accident prevention training, homeowner, safe driver, and drive less.
- Liberty Mutual may include discounts for multi-policy, teen driver discount, exclusive group savings, new move discount, new graduate, and hybrid vehicle.
If you need lower rates, check with every company which discounts you qualify for. A few discounts may not apply to policies in your state. To view insurance companies who offer free Cadillac ATS insurance quotes in Colorado, click here.
Car insurance protects more than just your car
Despite the high insurance cost for a Cadillac ATS in Aurora, buying car insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, almost all lenders will force you to have full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Cadillac at a significantly higher premium and require you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Car insurance protects not only your Cadillac ATS but also your assets. It also can pay for medical transport and hospital expenses incurred in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay to defend you if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the cost, especially with large liability claims. As of last year, the average driver in Colorado overpays as much as $700 annually so it’s important to compare rates each time the policy renews to save money.
Ratings for Aurora auto insurance companies
Buying coverage from a high-quality auto insurance provider is difficult considering how many companies are available to choose from in Colorado. The company rank data shown next may help you decide which providers you want to consider when comparing rate quotes.
Top 10 Aurora Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 95%
- USAA – 94%
- AAA Insurance – 91%
- Nationwide – 90%
- State Farm – 90%
- The Hartford – 89%
- GEICO – 89%
- Allstate – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
- The General – 88%
Top 10 Aurora Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- American Family
Local insurance agents
A lot of people just prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases The best thing about comparing rates online is the fact that you can find better rates and still choose a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is transmitted to participating agents in Aurora who will gladly provide quotes for your coverage. You never need to do any legwork due to the fact that quote results will go directly to your email. You can get cheaper car insurance rates without requiring a lot of work. If you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, just go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Choosing the best company should depend on more than just the quoted price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- How long has the business existed?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Colorado?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Is there a local claims center in Aurora?
Car insurance agents in Aurora come in two varieties
If you want to buy car insurance from local Aurora agents, it helps to know the two different agency structures and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Car insurance policy providers are considered either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can only write with one company such as State Farm, Allstate and AAA. These agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents receive extensive training in insurance sales which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
The following are Aurora exclusive insurance agents who can help you get comparison quotes.
Stan Kellogg – State Farm Insurance Agent
15434 E Orchard Rd – Aurora, CO 80016 – (303) 699-2288 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents of this type are not employed by any specific company and that gives them the ability to insure through lots of different companies and find you cheaper rates. If your premiums go up, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don’t have to find a new agent. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we recommend you include rate quotes from several independent insurance agents to maximize your price options.
Below are independent insurance agencies in Aurora who can help you get price quote information.
Amercian Affordable Insurance: Arthur Blaszczyszn
10660 E Bethany Dr – Aurora, CO 80014 – (303) 577-9998 – View Map