A recent car insurance study revealed that over 70% of drivers kept their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and just under half have never compared rates from other carriers. Consumers in Colorado can save hundreds of dollars each year just by comparing rates, but they just don’t understand the amount of money they would save if they just switched companies.
To save the most money, the best way to save on Audi S8 insurance is to regularly compare prices from companies in Aurora. Price quotes can be compared by completing these steps.
- First, spend some time learning about the coverage provided by your policy and the measures you can control to keep rates low. Many things that drive up the price like speeding tickets, careless driving and a not-so-good credit rating can be amended by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Second, compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Third, compare the new rates to your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you can save money, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is that you use the same level of coverage on every quote and and to compare all possible companies. This provides an accurate price comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Finding the cheapest coverage in Aurora can be made easier if you know where to look. Virtually anyone who is looking for cheaper car insurance will more than likely be able to reduce their rates. Nevertheless, Colorado vehicle owners can benefit from knowing the way insurance companies determine how much to charge and use it to find better rates.
When comparing insurance rates, know that comparing a large number of companies helps locate more affordable insurance.
The car insurance companies shown below offer free rate quotes in Colorado. If you wish to find the best cheap car insurance in Colorado, we recommend you get rates from several of them to get the best price comparison.
These discounts can lower your insurance rates
Insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but there could be available discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at quote time, but some discounts are required to be inquired about in order for you to get them.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Buying a policy with multiple cars on the same insurance policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Putting insurance on a new S8 can save up to 30% because newer vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- No Claim Discounts – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims pay less when compared to bad drivers.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars optioned with advanced anti-theft systems help deter theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Aurora auto insurance quote.
- Home Ownership Discount – Just owning your own home can help you save on insurance because it means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Club Memberships – Being in qualifying employment or professional organizations is a simple method to lower premiums on your policy.
Discounts lower rates, but many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like you can get free auto insurance, insurance companies aren’t that generous.
To choose insurance companies offering insurance discounts in Aurora, click this link.
Why Your Insurance Costs might be higher
Part of the insurance buying process is learning some of the factors that are used to determine insurance rates. If you have a feel for what impacts premium levels, this enables you to make decisions that may result in big savings.
Bad drivers pay high premiums – Good drivers have lower premiums as compared to those with violations. Only having one ticket can increase rates twenty percent or more. Drivers unfortunate enough to have dangerous citations such as DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may find that they have to to submit a SR-22 form with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to prevent a license revocation.
Males pay higher rates – Over time, data shows females are less aggressive when driving. It does not mean females are better at driving than males. Males and females tend to get into accidents in similar percentages, but the men tend to have higher claims. Not only that, but men also get more serious tickets such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly. Young men ages 16 to 20 generally have the highest accident percentage and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
Lower rates for safer vehicles – Safer cars are cheaper to insure. These vehicles result in less severe injuries and reduced instances of injuries means your insurance company pays less which can mean better rates for you. If your Audi has at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you may qualify for a discount.
Insurance companies don’t like frequent insurance claims – If you frequently file small claims, you should expect increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Auto insurance companies in Colorado award discounts to people who file claims infrequently. Auto insurance is intended for claims that pose a financial burden.
Lower performance equals lower insurance costs – The make and model of the car or truck you need to insure makes a significant difference in your rates. Economy passenger cars generally receive the lowest base rates, but your final cost has many other factors.
Being married can save on insurance – Having a significant other may cut your premiums on your insurance policy. Having a spouse may mean you are more responsible and statistics show married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
Do you save by driving less? – The more you drive your Audi annually the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Most companies charge rates based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Cars and trucks not used for work or commuting qualify for better rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. A policy that improperly rates your S8 is throwing money out the window. Make sure your insurance coverage correctly shows the right rating data.
Discounts for alarm systems – Owning a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can get you a discount on your insurance. Advanced theft deterrents like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all help stop auto theft.
Insurance losses for an Audi S8 – Companies analyze past claim statistics when they file their rates in each state. Models that tend to have higher number or severity of losses will have a higher cost to insure. The table shown below demonstrates the historical loss data for Audi S8 vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles as a whole is a value of 100. Numbers that are below 100 indicate better than average losses, while numbers shown that are more than 100 indicate frequent claims or statistically larger losses.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Audi S8 4dr 4WD||288||266|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years