If you want to save the most money, the best way to get affordable Dodge Magnum insurance in Aurora is to annually compare prices from different companies who sell insurance in Colorado. Rate comparisons can be done by following these guidelines.
- Take a little time to learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the factors you can control to keep rates down. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases like accidents, careless driving, and poor credit can be rectified by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. This article provides information to keep prices down and find missing discounts.
- Compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for many different companies.
- Compare the price quotes to your existing policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you can save money and make a switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide proper notification to your current company of your intent to cancel the current policy and submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to the new company. Once the application is submitted, store the proof of insurance paperwork in your glove compartment.
A good tip to remember is to compare the same deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to get prices from as many different companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price selection.
A recent insurance study revealed that the vast majority of consumers kept buying from the same company for over three years, and 38% of drivers have never shopped around. American consumers could save approximately $859 every year by just comparing rate quotes, but they underestimate the benefits if they moved their coverage to a different company.
Low cost Aurora Dodge Magnum insurance
When looking for affordable Aurora auto insurance quotes, there are a couple ways of comparing price quotes from companies that offer insurance in Colorado. The easiest way by far to find competitive Dodge Magnum insurance rates is to jump online and get quotes.
Online shopping is fast and free, and it takes the place of having to physically go to each insurance agency near you. Shopping for insurance online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless your situation requires the professional abilities of a licensed agent. Although you can compare online quotes but buy the policy through an agent. Just keep in mind that comparing more rates from different companies helps improve the odds of finding better pricing.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Aurora, CO. If your goal is to find cheaper car insurance in Aurora, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
Lower-cost Dodge Magnum insurance quotes in Aurora
Some insurance providers don’t list all their discounts very well, so the following list contains both well-publicized as well as some of the hidden discounts that may be available.
- Aurora Homeowners Discount – Simply owning a home can save a few bucks since home ownership demonstrates responsibility.
- Online Discount – A handful of companies may give you up to $50 shop Aurora auto insurance on the internet.
- Distant Student – Youth drivers who live away from home to go to college and do not have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll and complete driver’s education as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to use a seat belt can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off PIP or medical payments premium.
One thing to note about discounts is that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Even though it may seem like you can get free auto insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts can be found below.
- State Farm offers discounts for driver’s education, defensive driving training, good student, safe vehicle, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Esurance may offer discounts for online shopper, Pac-12 alumni, DriveSense, online quote, good driver, and good student.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for good student, online quote discount, online signing, multi-policy, continuous coverage, and homeowner.
- Liberty Mutual may include discounts for preferred payment discount, multi-car, new vehicle discount, hybrid vehicle, safety features, and teen driver discount.
- Auto-Owners Insurance includes discounts for company car, mature driver, safe driver, multi-policy, group or association, paperless, and good student.
- GEICO offers discounts including membership and employees, five-year accident-free, seat belt use, anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, driver training, and multi-vehicle.
Check with each company or agent which discounts they offer. Some discounts listed above may not be offered in every state. If you would like to choose from a list of car insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Colorado, click here.
You may need help from an insurance agent
Certain consumers just want to buy from a local agent and that is a personal choice. An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get cheaper rates and still have a local agent. And supporting neighborhood agents is important especially in Aurora.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is sent to companies in Aurora who will return price quotes for your car insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to find an agent on your own due to the fact that quote results will go to the email address you provide. Get lower rates AND an agent nearby. In the event you want to get a price quote from a particular provider, you would need to find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
If you prefer to buy car insurance from a reliable insurance agent, you should know the different types of agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agencies in Aurora are considered either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents are not required to write business for one company so they can write business through many companies and find you the best rates. If premiums increase, they can switch companies in-house and you don’t have to switch agencies.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you absolutely need to compare quotes from a couple of independent agencies to get the best comparison.
Below is a list of independent agents in Aurora who may provide free rate quotes.
A Complete Auto Insurance Agency
543 Sable Blvd – Aurora, CO 80011 – (303) 650-0060 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents of this type have only one company to place business with such as Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They usually cannot compare rates from other companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training in insurance sales which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agents in Aurora willing to provide rate quotes.
Selecting an insurance agency should include more criteria than just the price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Colorado?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- What companies can they write with?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
Will just any policy work for me?
When buying proper insurance coverage, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. Your situation is unique.
For example, these questions may help highlight if you will benefit from professional help.
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- What does UM/UIM cover?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my Dodge Magnum?
- Is there a penalty for late payment?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- What is the ISO rating for a Dodge Magnum?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Why you need quality insurance for your vehicle
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Dodge in Aurora, paying for car insurance is required by state law in Colorado and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability protection in order to drive the car legally. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Dodge has a lienholder, most banks will have a requirement that you buy full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Dodge at a more expensive rate and make you pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Dodge but also your financial assets. It will also provide coverage for hospital and medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your Magnum greatly outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. On average, a vehicle owner in Aurora is currently overpaying as much as $750 every year so you should quote and compare rates once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Insurance coverages 101
Understanding the coverages of insurance helps when choosing which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement.
Coverage for liability
This will cover injuries or damage you cause to people or other property. Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show limits of 25/50/15 which stand for $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $15,000 paid for damaged property. Another option is a combined single limit or CSL that pays claims from the same limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage pays for claims like funeral expenses, bail bonds and structural damage. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford. Colorado requires drivers to carry at least 25/50/15 but you should think about purchasing more liability than the minimum.
The illustration below shows why the minimum limit may not be enough coverage.
Medical costs insurance
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for immediate expenses such as pain medications, hospital visits, dental work and doctor visits. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers all vehicle occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is only offered in select states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (which is 25/50/15), their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Most of the time these coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as damage from flooding, vandalism and rock chips in glass. The maximum payout a insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Collision coverage protection
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against things such as sideswiping another vehicle, scraping a guard rail and driving through your garage door. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. Another option is to choose a higher deductible on your Magnum in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Car insurance savings summarized
When buying insurance coverage, it’s a bad idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. Too many times, someone dropped full coverage and found out when filing a claim that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your goal should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.
There are still a few companies who may not have price quotes online and most of the time these smaller companies only sell coverage through local independent agencies. More affordable car insurance in Aurora is available on the web and from local agencies, and you need to comparison shop both so you have a total pricing picture.
We just showed you many ways to get a better price on Dodge Magnum insurance in Aurora. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the biggest savings come from a lesser-known regional company.
More tips and info about car insurance can be found at these sites:
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Drivers with a DUI in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for State Employees in Aurora? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)