Want to save money and find lower-priced Volvo C70 insurance in Aurora? Finding the most affordable Aurora Volvo C70 insurance quotes might appear difficult for drivers that are not comfortable with quoting and buying their car insurance on the internet. With more and more companies, how are drivers able to have time to compare all the different companies and get lower car insurance premiums?
Steps to finding low-cost Volvo C70 insurance in Aurora
It takes a little time, but the best way to find the cheapest price for car insurance rates in Aurora is to do an annual price comparison from insurers in Colorado. You can shop around by following these steps.
- Read and learn about auto insurance and the measures you can take to prevent high rates. Many rating factors that increase rates such as tickets, at-fault accidents, and a less-than-favorable credit history can be rectified by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Keep reading for information to prevent high rates and get bigger discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes from many different companies.
- Compare the quotes to your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Give notification to your current company to cancel the current policy. Submit a down payment along with a signed application to the new company. Once coverage is bound, put the new certificate verifying proof of insurance with your vehicle’s registration.
The most important part of this process is to try to compare the same liability limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. This enables the most accurate price comparison and a good representation of prices.
Amazingly, about 70% of customers kept buying from the same company for more than four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared car insurance rates at all. Most drivers in Colorado can save roughly $605 each year by just comparing rate quotes, but most just don’t grasp the amount of savings they would get if they just switched companies.
The are a couple different ways of comparing price quotes from auto insurance companies in your area. The easiest way to find the cheapest Volvo C70 insurance rates is to use the internet to compare rates. When comparing auto insurance rates, know that obtaining a wide range of quotes will improve the odds of getting a lower rate.
The companies in the list below provide free rate quotes in Colorado. If you wish to find the cheapest car insurance in Colorado, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can to get the lowest price.
Car insurance data for a Volvo C70
The premium table shown next highlights a range of coverage costs for Volvo C70 models. Having insight into how prices are established is important for you to make decisions on the best policy to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|C70 T5 2-Dr Convertible||$242||$426||$236||$14||$70||$988||$82|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Premium costs do not factor in specific location which can raise or lower premium rates greatly.
The example below demonstrates how deductibles and can change Volvo C70 insurance premiums for different age groups. The costs are based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Responsible drivers pay cheaper Aurora car insurance rates
The example below illustrates how violations and accident claims can drive up Volvo C70 insurance costs for each age group. The premiums assume a single female driver, full coverage, $100 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Does full coverage make sense?
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Volvo C70 premium costs with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. Data assumes a clean driving record, no claims, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are factored in.
When to switch to liability coverage only
There is no set rule to stop paying for physical damage insurance, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is 10% or more of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Volvo C70 replacement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would get paid by your company is $7,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying in excess of $700 annually to have full coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are some circumstances where dropping physical damage coverage is not in your best interest. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to keep full coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not remove full coverage.
Insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost, insurance is mandatory in Colorado but it also protects more than you think.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, most lenders will have a requirement that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you default on your policy, the bank will be required to insure your Volvo at an extremely high rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your car and your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly for liability claims. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is overpaying more than $869 every year so compare rates every year to make sure the price is not too high.
Why You Might Pay Lower Rates in Aurora
Many different elements are used when you get your auto insurance bill. Some factors are common sense such as traffic violations, but other criteria are more obscure like where you live or how safe your car is.
- Don’t let your policy lapse – Having a gap between insurance policy dates will be a fast way to bump up your auto insurance costs. In addition to paying higher premiums, being ticketed for driving with no insurance will get you fines or a revoked license. Then you may be required to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Colorado department of motor vehicles.
- Do thieves like your car? – Owning a car with advanced anti-theft systems can save you some money. Theft prevention features like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems can help prevent auto theft and help lower rates.
- Safer the car lower the rate – Vehicles with good safety scores are cheaper to insure. Vehicles built for safety protect occupants better and fewer injuries means less claims paid and lower rates for you. If your Volvo scored better than an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you may be receiving a better rate.
- Only buy extra coverages you need – There are a ton of additional coverages that you can get tricked into buying if you aren’t diligent. Insurance for things like vanishing deductibles, better glass coverage, and extra equipment coverage may be wasting your money. These may sound like a good investment when talking to your agent, but if you have no use for them eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Do you know you’re credit history? – Credit history is likely to be a major factor in calculating your premium rate. Insureds with high credit scores tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than those with lower credit ratings. If your credit rating can be improved, you could be paying less to insure your Volvo C70 if you improve your credit rating.
- More stress means more cost – Careers such as fire fighters, executives, and accountants are shown to have higher premium rates in part from stressful work requirements and incredibly demanding work hours. On the flip side, jobs such as actors, engineers and homemakers generally pay rates lower than average.
- Drive less and get lower prices – The higher the miles on your Volvo in a year the higher your rates will be. Many insurance companies price each vehicle’s coverage determined by how the vehicle is used. Autos left parked in the garage receive lower rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. An incorrectly rated C70 can cost quite a bit. It’s a smart idea to ensure your auto insurance coverage is showing the correct usage for each vehicle.
Save a ton with discounts
Companies offering auto insurance do not list all their discounts very well, so we took the time to find a few of the more common and the harder-to-find credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being deployed in the military can result in better auto insurance rates.
- Responsible Driver Discount – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than less cautious drivers.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Some companies give discounts for switching companies prior to the expiration date on your current C70 insurance policy. It can save you around 10%.
- Sign Online – A few companies may give you up to $50 for completing your application on your computer.
- Payment Discounts – By paying your entire bill at once rather than spreading payments over time you could save up to 5%.
- Aurora Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a home in Aurora can get you a discount due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Telematics Data – Insureds that choose to allow data collection to scrutinize where and when they drive by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive could see a rate decrease if they show good driving skills.
- Multiple Cars – Buying insurance for multiple cars on a single policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Government Employees – Active or retired federal employment could cut as much as 10% off with certain companies.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Just because it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
The chart below shows the difference between Volvo C70 auto insurance rates with and without discounts. Data assumes a male driver, no claims or driving violations, Colorado state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, multi-car, multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, and safe-driver discounts applied.
Popular auto insurance companies and some of the discounts are included below.
- State Farm offers discounts including accident-free, multiple autos, safe vehicle, anti-theft, and defensive driving training.
- GEICO may include discounts for air bags, emergency military deployment, five-year accident-free, anti-theft, defensive driver, and daytime running lights.
- Progressive has savings for multi-vehicle, homeowner, continuous coverage, multi-policy, and good student.
- 21st Century policyholders can earn discounts including teen driver, theft prevention, automatic seat belts, anti-lock brakes, and 55 and older.
- American Family has discounts for early bird, air bags, defensive driver, Steer into Savings, multi-vehicle, and TimeAway discount.
- The Hartford offers discounts for good student, bundle, vehicle fuel type, driver training, anti-theft, and defensive driver.
- AAA may have discounts that include AAA membership discount, multi-policy, good driver, anti-theft, pay-in-full, and good student.
If you are trying to find the cheapest Volvo C70 rate quotes, ask each company or agent the best way to save money. Some discounts may not apply in Aurora. To see providers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Aurora, follow this link.
Do I need an insurance agency?
Some consumers still like to sit down and talk to an agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is you can get the lowest rates but also keep your business local.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your insurance data is instantly submitted to local insurance agents that can give you free Aurora car insurance quotes for your coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to leave your computer because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. You can most likely find cheaper rates without requiring a lot of work. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a specific company, just jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding the right insurance company is decision based upon more than just the price. Any agent in Aurora should have no problem answering these questions:
- Are they full-time agents?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- How long have they been in business?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
If you are wanting to purchase car insurance from an insurance agent, it’s important to understand the types of insurance agents from which to choose. Car insurance agents are considered either exclusive or independent.
Exclusive agents can usually just insure with one company and some examples include State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. These agents are unable to shop your coverage around so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on the products they sell which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Some consumers prefer to buy from exclusive agents mainly due to the brand rather than low rates.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agents in Aurora willing to provide price quote information.
- American Family Insurance – Rick Laikola Agency Inc.
3102 S Parker Rd Ste A16 – Aurora, CO 80014 – (303) 696-2666 – View Map
- State Farm: Joel Kruschwitz
9801 E Colfax Ave – Aurora, CO 80010 – (303) 344-1175 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Mario J Morales
14241 E 4th Ave #305 – Aurora, CO 80011 – (303) 366-6800 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that elect to be independent are not required to write business for one company so they have the ability to put coverage with any number of different companies and find you cheaper rates. If they find a lower price, they simply switch companies in-house and that require little work on your part.
When comparing rate quotes, we recommend you check rates from a few independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Most also write with smaller companies which can save you money.
The following are Aurora independent insurance agencies that can give you price quote information.
- BUD JUDY AGENCY, INC. (INDEPENDENT INSURANCE AGENCY)
2222 S Fraser St Unit 4 – Aurora, CO 80014 – (303) 368-5839 – View Map
- A Complete Home and Auto Insurance Agency
1080 S Sable Blvd – Aurora, CO 80012 – (303) 344-2886 – View Map
- Premier Insurance
2241 S Peoria St # 202 – Aurora, CO 80014 – (303) 337-3600 – View Map
A few companies may not offer online price quotes and usually these smaller companies prefer to sell through local independent agencies. Low-cost Volvo C70 insurance in Aurora can be bought on the web in addition to many Aurora insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to get a complete price analysis.
Consumers who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including unfair underwriting practices, high rates after DUI convictions, delays in paying claims or denial of a claim. It doesn’t matter what your reason, choosing a new company is not as difficult as it may seem.
You just learned a lot of information how to reduce Volvo C70 insurance prices online in Aurora. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Consumers could even find that the best prices are with the smaller companies.
Steps to finding cheaper rates for Volvo C70 insurance in Aurora
The recommended way to save on Volvo C70 insurance in Aurora is to do an annual price comparison from insurance carriers that insure vehicles in Colorado.
Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about individual coverages and the changes you can make to lower rates. Many factors that cause high rates like at-fault accidents and poor credit history can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
Step 2: Request price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can provide price quotes for a wide range of companies. Start a quote
Step 3: Compare the new rates to your current policy to see if cheaper C70 coverage is available in Aurora. If you find a lower rate quote and buy the policy, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Provide written notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current policy. Submit a completed application and payment for your new coverage. Make sure you put the proof of insurance certificate along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
One piece of advice is to try to compare the same amount of coverage on every quote request and and to compare as many companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure an accurate price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Low Credit Scores in Aurora? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Tacoma in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Escape in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)