The recommended way to find cheaper quotes for Volkswagen Routan insurance is to compare prices at least once a year from providers who sell insurance in Aurora. Rates can be compared by following these guidelines.
- First, try to comprehend how companies price auto insurance and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that cause high rates like inattentive driving and your credit history can be controlled by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Second, get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices from multiple sources.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy and determine if cheaper Routan coverage is available. If you can save money and make a switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
The critical component of shopping around is that you’ll want to compare the same amount of coverage on every price quote and and to get price estimates from as many companies as possible. This enables a fair rate comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
It’s a fact that auto insurance companies want to prevent you from shopping around. Consumers who compare other prices will most likely move their business because they have a good chance of finding a policy with more affordable rates. A recent survey discovered that people who routinely compared quotes saved approximately $72 a month compared to people who never compared rates.
If finding discount rates on Volkswagen Routan insurance in Aurora is the reason for your visit, learning how to quote prices and compare insurance rates can help make the process easier.
If you are already insured or just want to save money, take advantage of these tips to find the best rates and possibly find even better coverage. Buying the cheapest auto insurance in Aurora is actually very simple if you learn how to start. You only need an understanding of the fastest way to buy auto insurance from multiple carriers.
Lowering your Volkswagen Routan car insurance rates can be relatively painless. The only thing you need to do is spend a little time comparing rate quotes provided by online insurance companies.
Comparing rates online is fast and free, and it takes the place of having to call or drive to local Aurora insurance agencies. Buying insurance online eliminates this option unless you have a complicated situation and need the peace of mind of an agent trained in personal lines coverage. Drivers can compare online quotes but purchase the actual policy in an agency.
The companies shown below can provide quotes in Aurora, CO. In order to find cheap car insurance in Aurora, we suggest you click on several of them to get the lowest price.
Rates and statistics
The rate table shown next showcases different insurance coverage prices for Volkswagen Routan models. Learning more about how premiums are figured can assist in making informed coverage decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Routan S 2WD||$272||$376||$298||$18||$90||$1,054||$88|
|Routan SE 2WD||$306||$458||$298||$18||$90||$1,170||$98|
|Routan SEL 2WD||$306||$538||$298||$18||$90||$1,250||$104|
|Routan SEL Premium 6 Cyl 2WD||$342||$538||$298||$18||$90||$1,286||$107|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Prices do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can raise or lower coverage rates considerably.
Safe drivers Aurora pay cheaper rates
The chart below illustrates how violations and at-fault fender-benders increase Volkswagen Routan car insurance costs for each age group. The rate quotes are based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Comparison of insurance rates by gender
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Volkswagen Routan insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on no claims or violations, full coverage, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Full coverage rates compared to liability-only
The example below visualizes the comparison of Volkswagen Routan annual premium costs with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The rates are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Are you wasting money on full coverage?
There is no specific rule to stop buying physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of coverage is 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s pretend your Volkswagen Routan settlement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company would pay you is $2,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are currently paying more than $200 annually to have full coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some situations where eliminating full coverage is not in your best interest. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you must maintain physical damage coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not buy liability only.
Get cheaper Volkswagen Routan insurance in Aurora with discounts
Some insurers don’t list every discount they offer in a way that’s easy to find, so we researched both well-publicized in addition to some of the lesser obvious savings tricks you should be using when you buy Aurora car insurance online. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you qualify for, you could be saving more on your insurance.
- Smart Student Discounts – Performing well in school can save 20 to 25%. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
- Data Collection Discounts – People who choose to allow driving data collection to look at their driving habits by using a telematic data system such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate could save a few bucks if they have good driving habits.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle up can save a little off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS braking systems or traction control can avoid accidents and will save you 10% or more on Routan insurance in Aurora.
- Drive Safe and Save – Safe drivers can save as much as half off their rates than their less cautious counterparts.
- One Accident Forgiven – Not a discount per se, but some companies like State Farm, Progressive and GEICO may permit one accident before your rates go up so long as you haven’t had any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Multi-line Discount – Not all insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you better rates if you take out a life insurance policy as well.
Please keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Just because it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, insurance companies aren’t that generous. Any amount of discount should help lower your policy premiums.
The example below illustrates the difference between Volkswagen Routan insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The premiums are based on a male driver, no accidents or driving violations, Colorado state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, marriage, and multi-policy discounts applied.
A list of insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are:
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including accident-free, early bird, defensive driver, bundled insurance, and TimeAway discount.
- State Farm may have discounts that include anti-theft, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple autos, good driver, passive restraint, safe vehicle, and good student.
- 21st Century may offer discounts for air bags, early bird, anti-lock brakes, student driver, automatic seat belts, and teen driver.
- Travelers offers discounts for multi-policy, new car, continuous insurance, early quote, and hybrid/electric vehicle.
- GEICO has savings for anti-lock brakes, federal employee, air bags, five-year accident-free, and defensive driver.
If you need cheaper Aurora car insurance quotes, ask every company which discounts can lower your rates. Some discounts might not be offered in every state. To view insurance companies that offer many of these discounts in Aurora, click this link.
Auto insurance does more than just protect your car
Despite the high insurance cost for a Volkswagen Routan in Aurora, insuring your vehicle is required for several reasons.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability protection in order to drive the car legally. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Routan has a lienholder, most banks will stipulate that you buy full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If the policy lapses, the lender may insure your Volkswagen at a more expensive rate and force you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Auto insurance preserves not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. Insurance will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially for larger claims. Today the average American driver overpays more than $869 every year so you should quote and compare rates every year to save money.
Best auto insurance company in Colorado
Selecting the best car insurance company can be a challenge considering how many companies sell coverage in Aurora. The company rank data displayed below could help you pick which companies you want to consider comparing price quotes from.
Top 10 Aurora Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- American Family
How to know if you need help
When it comes to buying coverage online or from an agent, there really is no “best” method to buy coverage. You are unique and your insurance should be unique as well.
For example, these questions might help in determining if your situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- Who is covered when they drive my Volkswagen Routan?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Do I need a local insurance agent?
A small number of people would prefer to get advice from a local agent and that can be a great decision Professional insurance agents will help you protect your assets and give you someone to call. One of the benefits of comparing insurance prices online is you may find lower rates but also keep your business local.
By using this quick form, your insurance coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents who can give free rate quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to find an agent on your own since rate quotes are delivered to you directly. If you have a need to get a rate quote for a specific company, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Choosing the best company should include more criteria than just the bottom line cost. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
When researching a reliable insurance agent, there are a couple of different agency structures and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Aurora agents are considered either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either can insure your vehicles properly, but we need to point out the subtle differences since it may influence buying decisions.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive write business for a single company and some examples include AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so it’s a take it or leave it situation. These agents are well trained on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agencies in Aurora willing to provide price quote information.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel do not work for one specific company and that enables them to quote your coverage with any number of different companies and find you the best rates. If they find a cheaper price, your agent can just switch to a different company and the insured can keep the same agent. When shopping rates, you will want to compare prices from at least one independent agent in order to have the best price comparison.
The following are independent agents in Aurora that are able to give price quotes.
BUD JUDY AGENCY, INC. (INDEPENDENT INSURANCE AGENCY)
2222 S Fraser St Unit 4 – Aurora, CO 80014 – (303) 368-5839 – View Map
A Complete Auto Insurance Agency
543 Sable Blvd – Aurora, CO 80011 – (303) 650-0060 – View Map