If you are a novice to online insurance shopping, you can be baffled by the sheer number of insurance providers who claim to have the best insurance rates.
We don’t have to tell you that insurance companies don’t want customers comparing rates. People who shop around once a year will most likely move their business because of the high probability of finding discount prices. A recent insurance study discovered that people who shopped around annually saved $865 a year compared to other drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the best rates on auto insurance is your objective, then having some insight into the best ways to shop for insurance coverage can make the process less intimidating.
Car insurance providers offering low-cost price quotes in Colorado
The companies in the list below offer free quotes in Aurora, CO. To buy the best cheap car insurance in Aurora, CO, we recommend you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Car insurance rates and discounts
Car insurance is not inexpensive, but there may be some discounts that you may not even know about. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at quote time, but a few must be specially asked for before they will apply. If you are not receiving all the discounts you qualify for, you are paying more than you should be.
- Bundle and Save – If you combine your homeowners and auto policies and place coverage with the same company they may give you a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find the cheapest Toyota Rav4 Hybrid insurance in Aurora.
- Student Driver Training – Have your child enroll and complete driver’s education as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- No Claims – Aurora drivers who stay claim-free pay less in comparison with drivers with a long claim history.
- Distant Student Discount – Any of your kids who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Aurora and do not have access to a covered vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Factory options such as air bags or automatic seat belts may qualify for discounts of more than 20%.
- Good Students Pay Less – This discount can get you a discount of up to 25%. This discount can apply up until you turn 25.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job may reduce rates when you quote Aurora car insurance depending on your car insurance provider.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Select companies give a discount for buying a new policy before your current coverage expires. You may see this discount when you get Aurora car insurance quotes online.
- Safe Driver Discount – Drivers without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than their less cautious counterparts.
Don’t be surprised that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So even though you would think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies wouldn’t make money that way. Any amount of discount will help reduce your policy cost.
Some of the larger companies that may offer some of the discounts shown above include:
When getting a coverage quote, ask every prospective company which credits you are entitled to. Some discounts may not be available in your area. If you would like to see a list of insurers who offer car insurance discounts in Aurora, follow this link.
Six Tips to Get Cheaper Aurora Insurance Prices
Multiple criteria are taken into consideration when premium rates are determined. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving record, but other factors are not quite as obvious like your vehicle usage or how financially stable you are.
Listed below are some of the most rate-impacting factors used by companies to determine your prices.
Insurance is expensive for teen drivers – Inexperience drivers are statistically proven to be less responsible when at the wheel of a vehicle and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher. Older drivers are more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
Qualify for multi-policy discounts – The majority of companies will award better rates to policyholders that buy multiple policies in the form of a multi-policy discount. Discounts can add up to ten percent or more. Even if you qualify for this discount already, drivers will still want to compare other Aurora Rav4 Hybrid insurance rates to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
Lower premiums with theft deterrents – Purchasing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can save you some money. Systems that thwart thieves like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all help stop vehicle theft.
High comp and collision deductibles equal low rates – Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles define the amount the insured will be required to pay if a covered claim is submitted. Physical damage protection, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, insures against damage to your car. Some coverage claims would be collision with another vehicle, hail damage, or theft of your vehicle. The more damage repair cost you have to pay, the lower your rates will be.
Do you save by driving less? – The more miles you rack up on your Toyota in a year the more it will cost to insure it. A lot of companies rate vehicles based on how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks used primarily for pleasure use can get a lower rate compared to those used for work or business. Make sure your insurance coverage correctly shows the correct usage for each vehicle, because improper ratings can cost you money. An incorrectly rated Rav4 Hybrid may be costing you higher rates.
Drivers with responsible credit save on insurance – Having a bad credit score can be a huge factor in determining your rates. Insureds with excellent credit tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records as compared to drivers with poor credit scores. If your credit score is low, you could potentially save money when insuring your Toyota Rav4 Hybrid by improving your rating.
Your situation helps dictate your coverage
When it comes to coverage online or from an agent for your personal vehicles, there is no best way to insure your cars. Every situation is different.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine whether you would benefit from professional advice.
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required Colorado minimum liability coverage?
- Do I have coverage if I rent a car in Mexico?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- When can I cancel my policy?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Are insurance agents obsolete?
A small number of people prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that can be a great decision One of the best bonuses of price shopping on the web is that you can find cheap rate quotes but still work with a licensed agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, your insurance data is emailed to agents in your area who will return price quotes for your coverage. You won’t even need to leave your house as quotes are delivered to you. You can find the lowest rates without requiring a lot of work. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
Finding a good company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price quote. Before buying a policy in Aurora, get answers to these questions.
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from a reputable insurance agent or broker, you should know the different types of agencies that you can select. Agents in Aurora are classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel can only place business with one company like AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so always compare other rates. These agents are highly trained on the products they sell which helps them sell on service rather than price. Some insured continue to buy from the same agent for years mostly because of the brand rather than having low rates.
The following are exclusive insurance agencies in Aurora that can give you price quote information.
- American Family Insurance – Patricia Davis
1627 S Havana St e – Aurora, CO 80012 – (303) 360-9831 – View Map
- Scott Underwood State Farm Insurance
15322 E Alameda Pkwy #25 – Aurora, CO 80017 – (303) 745-3174 – View Map
- Greg Gallegos-State Farm Insurance Agent
4550 S Reservoir Rd, D – Aurora, CO 80015 – (720) 242-6011 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that elect to be independent often have many company appointments so as a result can place your coverage with an assortment of companies depending on which coverage is best. To move your coverage to a new company, the business is moved internally and you don’t have to switch agencies. When comparing rates, you absolutely need to get insurance quotes from several independent insurance agents to have the most options to choose from. They often place coverage with smaller companies which could offer lower prices.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agents in Aurora that are able to give rate quotes.
- BUD JUDY AGENCY, INC. (INDEPENDENT INSURANCE AGENCY)
2222 S Fraser St Unit 4 – Aurora, CO 80014 – (303) 368-5839 – View Map
- Colorado Insurance Professionals, Inc.
13693 E Iliff Ave – Aurora, CO 80014 – (303) 755-8600 – View Map
- A Complete Home and Auto Insurance Agency
1080 S Sable Blvd – Aurora, CO 80012 – (303) 344-2886 – View Map
What is the best auto insurance company in Colorado?
Buying coverage from a highly-rated insurance company is difficult considering how many companies are available to choose from in Aurora. The ranking information shown next can help you analyze which insurers to look at comparing rate quotes with.
Top 10 Aurora Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 95%
- USAA – 94%
- AAA Insurance – 91%
- Nationwide – 90%
- State Farm – 90%
- The Hartford – 89%
- GEICO – 89%
- Allstate – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
- The General – 88%
Top 10 Aurora Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Titan Insurance
Quote. Compare. Save.
When shopping online for car insurance, make sure you don’t buy poor coverage just to save money. There are a lot of situations where an insured cut physical damage coverage only to find out that they should have had better coverage. Your goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best cost while still protecting your assets.
There are still a few companies who do not offer rate quotes online and many times these small, regional companies prefer to sell through local independent agencies. Discount Toyota Rav4 Hybrid insurance can be purchased on the web as well as from insurance agents, so you should compare both to get a complete price analysis.
You just learned a lot of information how to lower your Toyota Rav4 Hybrid insurance premium rates in Aurora. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from a small mutual company.
Steps to quoting cheaper Toyota Rav4 Hybrid insurance in Aurora
The recommended way to get affordable Toyota Rav4 Hybrid insurance in Aurora is to regularly compare price quotes from providers who provide auto insurance in Colorado.
- Try to learn a little about how companies set rates and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates like traffic violations, accidents, and a negative credit score can be controlled by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for many different companies.
- Compare the new rates to your existing policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save some money and decide to switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Provide written notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current coverage and submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to your new agent or company. Immediately upon receiving it, keep your new certificate verifying proof of insurance with your registration paperwork.
A good tip to remember is that you use identical coverage information on every quote and and to analyze as many different insurance providers as possible. This helps ensure an accurate price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Nissan Altima in Aurora? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for a Subaru Impreza in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Lyft Drivers in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Active Military in Aurora? (FAQ)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)