Would you prefer to buy cheaper Tesla Model S insurance in Aurora? There isn’t anyone who loves paying for auto insurance, especially knowing they could lower their rates if they shopped around.
A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that the vast majority of consumers kept their policy with the same company for well over three years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never quoted rates to find lower-cost coverage. With the average auto insurance premium being $1,800, Colorado drivers could save themselves $610 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don’t know the amount of savings they would get if they replace their high priced policy.
How to find low-cost Tesla Model S insurance in Aurora
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get cheaper auto insurance rates is to start comparing prices yearly from insurance carriers in Aurora.
- First, it will benefit you to learn about what is in your policy and the steps you can take to keep rates down. Many risk factors that drive up the price like accidents, traffic tickets, and a poor credit score can be controlled by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Read the full article for ideas to help keep prices low and get discounts that may be overlooked.
- Second, compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from multiple sources.
- Third, compare the price quotes to your existing policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find better rates and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Fourth, notify your company or agent to cancel your current policy and submit a down payment and signed policy application for your new coverage. Once the application is submitted, place the new certificate of insurance in an easily accessible location.
A good tip to remember is to make sure you enter the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every quote and and to get price quotes from all possible companies. This helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
People have multiple insurers to insure vehicles with, and although it’s nice to have a choice, it can be more challenging to find a good deal for Tesla Model S insurance in Aurora.
Locating the best rates in Aurora is much easier if you know where to start. Essentially each driver who has to buy insurance will find a better price. But Colorado car owners need to learn how big insurance companies determine premium rates and take advantage of how the system works.
Compare Aurora Tesla Model S insurance rate quotes
When comparison shopping, there are several ways to compare prices from many available insurance companies in Colorado. The fastest way to comparison shop involves getting comparison quotes online.
Doing price comparisons online is so simple that it takes the place of having to spend your day driving to each insurance agency near you. Buying insurance online reduces the need to sit down with an agent unless you want the guidance that only an agent can give. However, consumers can compare the best prices online but buy from a local insurance agent.
Just keep in mind that comparing all the rates in your area will increase your chances of finding a better price.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Aurora, CO. To locate the cheapest auto insurance in Colorado, we recommend you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Buying the right vehicle insurance in Colorado is an important decision
Despite the high cost, insuring your vehicle may not be optional for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability protection in order to be legal. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Tesla, most lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Tesla at a much higher premium rate and require you to fork over for the much more expensive policy.
- Car insurance preserves not only your Tesla but also your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical bills for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. Today the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $855 a year so shop around at least once a year to save money.
Earn discounts to get lower-cost Aurora auto insurance rates
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you might find some hidden discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. A few discounts will be applied at quote time, but once in a while a discount must be specifically requested prior to receiving the credit.
- Paperwork-free – Many insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying your policy over the internet.
- Federal Employees – Having worked for a branch of the government may qualify for a discount when you quote Aurora auto insurance depending on your company.
- College Student Discount – Kids who attend college more than 100 miles from Aurora and do not take a car to college can receive lower rates.
- Sign Early and Save – A few insurance companies allow discounts for renewing your policy prior to the expiration date on your current Model S insurance policy. You could save around 10% when you buy Aurora auto insurance online.
- Pay Early and Save – By paying your policy upfront as opposed to paying monthly you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Professional Organizations – Participating in a qualifying organization could qualify you for a break on your next auto insurance statement.
- No Charge for an Accident – Not necessarily a discount, but some insurance companies allow you one accident without getting socked with a rate hike with the catch being you have to be claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
As is typical with insurance, most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So despite the fact that it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you won’t be that lucky.
Larger auto insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are included below.
- State Farm offers discounts including accident-free, anti-theft, multiple policy, student away at school, multiple autos, and driver’s education.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for distant student, bundle discounts, alternative fuel, homeowner, and pay in full.
- Progressive may offer discounts for online signing, homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and good student.
- GEICO may have discounts that include anti-lock brakes, multi-vehicle, driver training, federal employee, and anti-theft.
- Auto-Owners Insurance has savings for safe vehicle, air bags, paperless, paid in full, safe driver, and teen driver.
- The Hartford offers premium reductions for air bag, good student, driver training, defensive driver, and bundle.
- Farm Bureau discounts include good student, youthful driver, 55 and retired, safe driver, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- USAA includes discounts for loyalty savings, family discount, multi-vehicle, new vehicle, multi-policy, and military installation.
Double check with each company or agent which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered on policies in every state.
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
When choosing a policy for your vehicles, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Your situation is unique.
For instance, these questions may help highlight whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- Can I get by with minimal medical coverage if I have good health insurance?
- What if an uninsured driver hits me?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form.