Inconceivable but true, the vast majority of drivers renewed their policy with the same company for at least four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared quotes from other companies. Many drivers in Aurora can cut their rates by roughly $600 a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don’t invest the time required to compare rate quotes online.
To save the most money, the best way to get more affordable auto insurance rates is to start comparing prices regularly from companies who provide auto insurance in Aurora. This can be done by completing these steps.
- Try to learn about individual coverages and the modifications you can make to prevent high rates. Many things that cause rate increases such as inattentive driving and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be controlled by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Read the full article for additional ideas to find cheap rates and find additional discounts.
- Get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes for many different companies.
- Compare the new quotes to the premium of your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in Aurora. If you find a lower rate quote and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
One tip to remember is that you use similar deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and and to look at every insurance company. Doing this guarantees a fair rate comparison and a complete selection of prices.
If you have coverage now or are looking for a new policy, you can use these tips to save money without having to cut coverage. Finding the best-priced insurance policy in Aurora is not that difficult. Shoppers just need to know the tricks to get comparison quotes from many different companies online.
Finding low cost auto insurance quotes is a great way to save money. Drivers just need to take a few minutes comparing free Aurora car insurance quotes from different insurance companies.
The companies shown below offer price quotes in Aurora, CO. If you want to find cheap car insurance in Aurora, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Affordable Hyundai G90 insurance quotes in Aurora
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but there are discounts available that may help make it more affordable. Most are applied when you purchase, but a few must be inquired about prior to getting the savings.
- Club Memberships – Affiliation with specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations may earn a discount on your bill.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Forcing all vehicle occupants to wear their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the medical payments premium.
- No Accidents – Insureds with no claims or accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on Aurora car insurance quote as compared to bad drivers.
- ABS Braking Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Driver Safety – Taking time to complete a course that instructs on driving safety could save 5% or more if your company offers it.
- Military Discounts – Having an actively deployed family member could be rewarded with lower rates.
- Air Bag Discount – Options like air bags or automatic seat belts may qualify for discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
Just know that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Despite the fact that it seems like you can get free auto insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way. But any discount should help lower the cost of coverage.
A few of the larger companies and some of the discounts are shown below.
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for safe driver, multi-vehicle, renewal discount, multi-policy, and good student.
- State Farm has discounts for safe vehicle, multiple policy, student away at school, good driver, good student, and defensive driving training.
- Progressive discounts include homeowner, continuous coverage, multi-policy, online quote discount, and multi-vehicle.
- Allstate may have discounts that include eSmart discount, 55 and retired, EZ pay plan discount, passive restraint, and safe driver.
- Nationwide may offer discounts for defensive driving, multi-policy, accident-free, business or organization, good student, Farm Bureau membership, and easy pay.
- MetLife policyholders can earn discounts including good student, claim-free, multi-policy, accident-free, and good driver.
When quoting, ask all companies you are considering which discounts can lower your rates. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be available to policyholders in Aurora.
Compare prices but buy from a neighborhood Aurora auto insurance agent
Some people would rather go talk to an agent and we recommend doing that Good agents can help determine the best coverages and help file insurance claims. One of the benefits of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheaper premium rates but still work with a licensed agent. Supporting small agencies is still important in Aurora.
Upon completion of this simple form, the coverage information gets sent to agents in your area who will give you bids to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to leave your computer since rate quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. If you need to quote rates from one company in particular, you just need to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Two types of Aurora car insurance agents
If you want a reputable insurance agent or broker, there are a couple of types of agencies to choose from. Agents may be either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either type can properly insure your vehicles, but it is important to understand the difference in how they write coverage since it could factor into the type of agent you choose.
Agents that elect to be independent often have many company appointments so they can quote policies through many companies and find the cheapest rate. If your premiums go up, they simply switch companies in-house and you stay with the same agent. If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, we recommend you get insurance quotes from a few independent agents for maximum quote selection. A lot of them also have access to small mutual carriers that many times have cheaper rates.
Shown below is a partial list of independent agents in Aurora who can help you get free price quotes.
- All Drivers Insurance
12142 E Mississippi Ave – Aurora, CO 80012 – (303) 695-1000 – View Map
- Colorado Insurance Professionals, Inc.
13693 E Iliff Ave – Aurora, CO 80014 – (303) 755-8600 – View Map
- A All City Auto Insurance
9720 E Colfax Ave – Aurora, CO 80010 – (303) 364-0555 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies work for only one company such as AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so keep that in mind. Exclusive agencies receive a lot of sales training on their products and sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage. Many people use the same agent partially due to the brand legacy rather than having low rates.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Aurora who can help you get price quotes.
- State Farm Insurance Agency – Jason Hart
15201 E Moncrieff Pl e – Aurora, CO 80011 – (720) 920-9043 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Mark Graham
1450 S Havana St Ste 308 – Aurora, CO 80012 – (303) 755-2600 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Richard Ahrenkiel
2260 S Xanadu Way Ste 257 – Aurora, CO 80014 – (303) 750-6508 – View Map
Picking an insurance agency requires you to look at more than just the bottom line cost. Any agent in Aurora should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
Once you have received reasonable responses to all your questions and an acceptable price quote, you may have found an insurance agency that meets the criteria to adequately provide auto insurance. Just be aware that consumers can terminate coverage whenever you wish so don’t feel you are locked into any specific company for any length of time.
Auto insurance does more than just protect your car
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Aurora, buying auto insurance is required in Colorado but it also protects you in many ways.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your G90 with a loan, almost all lenders will have a requirement that you have physical damage coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If the policy lapses, the lender will be forced to insure your Hyundai at a more expensive rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance protects not only your Hyundai but also your financial assets. It will also provide coverage for many types of medical costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having auto insurance outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. On average, a vehicle owner in Aurora overpays more than $750 every year so compare rate quotes at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.
Specifics of your auto insurance policy
Knowing the specifics of your auto insurance policy helps when choosing appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Coverage for collisions
This will pay to fix damage to your G90 resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for claims like colliding with a tree, backing into a parked car, rolling your car, hitting a mailbox and scraping a guard rail. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible on your G90 in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for short-term medical expenses such as chiropractic care, ambulance fees, doctor visits, pain medications and dental work. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover you and your occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your Hyundai G90.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (25/50/15 in Colorado), their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Most of the time these limits are set the same as your liability limits.
Coverage for liability
Liability insurance will cover damage that occurs to other people or property that is your fault. Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have policy limits of 25/50/15 which stand for $25,000 bodily injury coverage, $50,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $15,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Occasionally you may see a combined single limit or CSL which combines the three limits into one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability insurance covers things such as legal defense fees, bail bonds, court costs and emergency aid. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but buy as high a limit as you can afford. Colorado state minimum liability requirements are 25/50/15 but you should think about purchasing more coverage.
The next chart shows why low liability limits may not be adequate coverage.
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as damage from getting keyed, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, hitting a bird, fire damage and a broken windshield. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
More comparisons equals cheaper rates
The cheapest Hyundai G90 insurance in Aurora is available on the web and from local agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best rate selection. Some companies do not offer online rate quotes and many times these small insurance companies work with independent insurance agencies.
When buying insurance coverage, never buy poor coverage just to save money. In many instances, drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret they didn’t have enough coverage. The proper strategy is to find the BEST coverage at the best possible price while still protecting your assets.
We just showed you some good ideas how you can find cheaper Hyundai G90 insurance in Aurora. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. Drivers may even discover the best price on insurance is with a small local company.
Additional information is available at the links below
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for a Jeep Wrangler in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for a Honda Accord in Aurora? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota RAV4 in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Aurora Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 70? (FAQ)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)