It takes a little time, but the best way to get affordable Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in Aurora is to compare quotes once a year from insurers in Colorado. Prices can be compared by completing these steps.
First, learn about how your policy works and the factors you can control to drop your rates. Many rating criteria that result in higher rates like speeding tickets, accidents and a negative credit score can be rectified by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
Second, compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from multiple companies.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Aurora. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
The most important part of this process is to make sure you’re comparing identical coverages on every quote and and to get price estimates from every company you can. This ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete price analysis.
Astonishing but true, over 70% of Colorado drivers have been with the same company for at least four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared rates to find cheap insurance. American drivers could save $859 every year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don’t know the big savings they would realize if they switch to a new company.
Finding the cheapest car insurance coverage in Aurora is actually very simple if you learn how to start. If you have a policy now, you will definitely be able to get lower rates using these methods. Comparison shoppers only need an understanding of the most time-saving way to shop their coverage around from many different companies online.
Finding a lower price on insurance can be surprisingly simple. You just need to spend a few minutes on the computer getting comparison quotes to discover which company has inexpensive Aurora car insurance quotes.
The companies in the list below can provide price quotes in Aurora, CO. In order to find cheap auto insurance in CO, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Why auto insurance is not optional
Despite the high insurance cost for a Ford Shelby GT350 in Aurora, insuring your vehicle is not optional due to several reasons.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Shelby GT350 has a lienholder, almost all lenders will stipulate that you buy full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you default on your policy, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Ford at a more expensive rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Auto insurance preserves not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It will also cover all forms of medical expenses incurred in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your auto insurance policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. An average driver in America overpays as much as $865 each year so you should quote your policy with other companies at least once a year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
How You Can Control Ford Shelby GT350 Insurance Costs
Many different elements are taken into consideration when pricing auto insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving record, but some are less apparent such as your credit history or your vehicle rating. One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of the factors that go into determining auto insurance rates. When consumers understand what determines premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that may result in lower rates.
- Pleasure use saves money – The more you drive your Ford in a year the more you will pay for auto insurance. Most companies rate vehicles based on their usage. Cars used primarily for pleasure use receive lower rates than those that get driven frequently. Verify your declarations sheet is rated on how each vehicle is driven. Having the wrong rating on your Shelby GT350 can cost quite a bit.
- Cars with good safety ratings cost less to insure – Safe vehicles tend to be cheaper to insure. Highly rated vehicles reduce occupant injuries and any reduction in injury severity translates into savings for insurance companies and thus lower rates. If your Ford Shelby GT350 earned at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you may pay a lower rate.
- Prevent your car from being stolen – Owning a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can save you some money. Theft prevention features like OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all hinder car theft.
- Your spouse saves you money – Walking down the aisle may earn you lower rates compared to being single. It means you’re more mature and responsible and it’s proven that drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
- Bad driving leads to higher prices – Being a careful driver can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Only having one driving citation can increase the cost of insurance twenty percent or more. Good drivers receive lower rates as compared to careless drivers. Drivers with careless tickets such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions are required to complete a SR-22 with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to keep their license.
- Responsible credit saves on auto insurance – Having a bad credit score is likely to be a major factor in calculating your premium rate. If your credit score leaves room for improvement, you could save money insuring your Ford Shelby GT350 if you improve your credit rating. Drivers with high credit ratings tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than drivers who have lower credit ratings.
Car insurance rates and discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that can drop the cost substantially. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time of quoting, but less common discounts must be asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Vehicles with anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying a policy with multiple cars on the same car insurance policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few companies allow discounts for buying a policy before your current expiration date. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Student in College – Older children who live away from home to go to college and leave their car at home could qualify for this discount.
- Own a Home and Save – Being a homeowner can earn you a little savings because it means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- No Claims – Insureds with no claims or accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on Aurora car insurance quote when compared with frequent claim filers.
- E-sign – A handful of insurance companies provide a small discount for completing your application on your computer.
- Telematics Devices – People who choose to allow their car insurance company to scrutinize where and when they drive remotely like Allstate’s Drivewise could save a few bucks if they show good driving skills.
Policy discounts save money, but many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Despite the appearance that you could get a free car insurance policy, that’s just not realistic.
If you would like to view insurance companies who offer discounts in Colorado, click here.
When do I need an agent’s advice?
When it comes to buying coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Every situation is different so your insurance needs to address that.
For example, these questions can help discover if your insurance needs could use an agent’s help.
- Am I covered if I have no license?
- What is PIP insurance?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- How much will a speeding ticket raise my rates?
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Neighborhood insurance agents
A small number of people still like to buy from a local agent and that is a personal choice. Agents can answer important questions and help in the event of a claim. A nice benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that you can find lower rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Aurora who will gladly provide quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to search for any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent to you instantly. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right insurer is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Does the company have a local claim office in Aurora?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
If you are wanting to find local Aurora agents, it’s important to understand the different types of agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agents in Aurora are classified as either independent or exclusive. Both types of agents can provide insurance policies, but it’s worth learning the difference in how they write coverage since it could factor into which type of agent you select.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents work for only one company such as Allstate and State Farm. These agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so always compare other rates. Exclusive insurance agents are well trained in insurance sales and that can be a competitive advantage. Some people will only choose to use a exclusive agent mostly because of the brand name rather than having low rates.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Aurora who may provide you with comparison quotes.
- Stan Kellogg – State Farm Insurance Agent
15434 E Orchard Rd – Aurora, CO 80016 – (303) 699-2288 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Bernard Demichelis
15062 E Mississippi Ave – Aurora, CO 80012 – (303) 750-5555 – View Map
- Melissa Kitowski – State Farm Insurance Agent
13750 E Rice Pl Ste 101 – Aurora, CO 80015 – (303) 680-6666 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that choose to be independent are not limited to a single company so they can write business with a variety of different insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If premiums increase, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don’t have to switch agencies. When comparing insurance rates, we highly recommend that you get several quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to get the most accurate price comparison. Most can insure with different regional companies which may provide better rates.
Below are Aurora independent insurance agencies willing to provide price quotes.
- MG Insurance Brokers Llc
2600 S Parker Rd # 263 – Aurora, CO 80014 – (303) 309-6200 – View Map
- Premier Insurance
2241 S Peoria St # 202 – Aurora, CO 80014 – (303) 337-3600 – View Map
- Focus Insurance Agency
2993 S Peoria St #144 – Aurora, CO 80014 – (303) 695-6220 – View Map
Cheap auto insurance rates are possible
We just covered a lot of tips how to save on Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in Aurora. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding cheaper Aurora car insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the most savings is with an unexpected company. They can often provide lower car insurance rates in certain areas compared to the large companies like State Farm or Progressive.
When searching for affordable Ford Shelby GT350 insurance quotes, you should never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are a lot of situations where drivers have reduced full coverage and discovered at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. The proper strategy is to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Budget-friendly auto insurance in Aurora can be found both online as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who may not offer the ability to get a quote online and many times these smaller providers provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies.
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Uber Drivers in Aurora? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Corolla in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Aurora Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 70? (FAQ)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)