Smart shoppers know that insurance companies don’t want you comparing rates. Insureds who get comparison quotes at least once a year will probably move their business because the odds are good of finding coverage at a cheaper rate. A recent study showed that people who made a habit of comparing rates saved on average $70 a month compared to policyholders who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding the lowest price on car insurance is your goal, then understanding how to find companies and compare insurance can save time and make the process easier.
Really, the only way to get discount auto insurance rates is to regularly compare prices from companies in Aurora. This can be done by following these steps.
- Step 1: Learn about the different coverages in a policy and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices such as accidents, careless driving, and an unacceptable credit history can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers. Find an Aurora insurance agent
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper rate is available in Aurora. If you find a lower rate quote and switch companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Notify your company or agent of your decision to cancel your current coverage. Submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to your new insurance company. As soon as you receive it, place your new certificate verifying coverage in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
The most important part of shopping around is to make sure you enter the same coverage limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get price estimates from as many companies as feasibly possible. This helps ensure a fair price comparison and a good representation of prices.
Locating the best insurance company for you in Aurora is actually very simple if you learn how to start. If you have coverage now or are just looking to switch companies, you can use these techniques to cut your premiums while maintaining coverages. Vehicle owners just need to learn the proper methods to shop their coverage around from multiple carriers.
Affordable car insurance in Aurora, CO
The following companies offer quotes in Colorado. If you want to find the cheapest car insurance in Colorado, we recommend you visit as many as you can to find the lowest car insurance rates.
How Insurers Determine Audi A7 Insurance Costs
A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing a few of the rating criteria that go into determining the level of your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what controls the rates you pay, this enables informed choices that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs.
Listed below are a few of the “ingredients” used by insurance companies to determine premiums.
Tickets mean higher premiums – Drivers with clean records receive lower rates as compared to those with violations. Getting just one citation can boost insurance rates substantially. People who have severe violations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions are required to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state DMV in order to legally drive a vehicle.
Use credit responsibly and save – A driver’s credit history will be a significant factor in calculating your auto insurance rates. Drivers who have very good credit scores tend to be more responsible as compared to drivers with lower ratings. If your credit rating is low, you could save money insuring your Audi A7 by improving your rating.
Eliminate extra coverages – There are quite a few extra bells and whistles that can add up if you aren’t careful. Coverage for things like rental car reimbursement, high-cost glass coverage, and motor club memberships are some examples. You may think they are a good idea when talking to your agent, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so remove them from your policy.
What type of vehicle do you drive? – The performance of the vehicle you own makes a huge difference in your premium level. Small economy passenger cars receive the most favorable rates, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
Gaps in coverage mean higher prices – Driving without insurance is not a good idea and companies may charge more for letting your insurance coverage expire. In addition to paying higher premiums, the inability to provide proof of insurance will get you fines and jail time.
Loss probability for an Audi A7 – Insurance companies use statistical claims data to calculate a price that will offset any claims. Vehicles that the data shows to have higher frequency or amount of claims will cost more for specific coverages. The table below illustrates the historical loss data for Audi A7 vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is represented as 100. Percentages below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while values that are above 100 point to more losses or larger claims.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Audi A7 4dr 4WD||207||76||208||50||49||76|
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Determine discounts on Aurora car insurance
Companies don’t list the complete list of policy discounts very clearly, so the list below details both well-publicized in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Aurora auto insurance online. If they aren’t giving you every credit you qualify for, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Insureds with no claims or accidents have much lower rates as opposed to accident-prone drivers.
- ABS Brakes – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles prevent accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you can combine your homeowners and auto policy and place coverage with the same company you may save at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not really a discount, but some insurance companies will allow you to have one accident without the usual rate increase if your claims history is clear for a set time period.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle up can save up to 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- Memberships – Affiliation with qualifying employment or professional organizations could trigger savings when getting a Aurora auto insurance quote.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your bill all at once instead of paying each month you can actually save on your bill.
- Driver’s Ed – Require your teen driver to complete a driver education course in school or through a local driver safety program.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. Most only cut individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Despite the fact that it seems like you could get a free car insurance policy, it’s just not the way it works.
Popular car insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm offers discounts including accident-free, safe vehicle, student away at school, good student, Drive Safe & Save, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- GEICO has savings for federal employee, good student, anti-theft, military active duty, and multi-vehicle.
- Allstate policyholders can earn discounts including premier discount, FullPay discount, new car, senior citizen, auto/life discount, good payer, and utility vehicle.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for homeowner, anti-theft, teen safety rewards, multi-car, teen safe driver, and safe driver.
- Farm Bureau may include discounts for multi-vehicle, good student, renewal discount, youthful driver, 55 and retired, and safe driver.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for multi-vehicle, online quote discount, multi-policy, continuous coverage, homeowner, good student, and online signing.
- AAA includes discounts for multi-car, good student, anti-theft, good driver, multi-policy, pay-in-full, and AAA membership discount.
If you need lower rates, check with every insurance company which discounts can lower your rates. Savings may not apply to policies in every state. For a list of car insurance companies with discount rates in Colorado, click here.
Compare rate quotes but work with a neighborhood Aurora auto insurance agent
Some consumers would prefer to buy from a licensed agent and doing that can be a smart decision Most agents are highly skilled in risk management and will help you if you have claims. One of the best bonuses of comparing rate quotes online is you may find cheaper car insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to.
Upon completion of this simple form, your insurance data is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Aurora who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to search for any insurance agencies because prices are sent to you instantly. In the event you want to quote rates from a particular provider, feel free to jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Choosing the best provider needs to be determined by more than just the quoted price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- What companies can they write with?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Aurora?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- How are they compensated?
Do you need an independent or exclusive auto insurance agent?
When looking for a local Aurora insurance agent, it’s important to understand the different types of agents and how they are distinctly different. Agents in Aurora can be described as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either can handle insurance, but it is important to understand how they differ because it can influence the type of agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents can only provide pricing for a single company such as American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are well schooled on their products and sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents.
Listed below are Aurora exclusive insurance agencies who may provide you with rate quotes.
Paul Macaluso – State Farm Insurance Agent
Ste A6, 16911 E Quincy Ave – Aurora, CO 80015 – (303) 690-6700 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent do not have single company limitations so they can write business with a variety of different insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply switch companies in-house and the insured can keep the same agent.
If you need lower rates, you definitely need to get insurance quotes from multiple independent agents in order to compare the most rates.
The following is a list of independent insurance agents in Aurora who can help you get rate quotes.
Persistence is the key to cheap rates
Budget-friendly auto insurance in Aurora is available on the web in addition to many Aurora insurance agents, so you need to shop Aurora auto insurance with both in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies do not offer online rate quotes and many times these smaller providers work with independent insurance agents.
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s very important that you do not buy poor coverage just to save money. In many instances, drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The goal is to get the best coverage possible at the best cost, not the least amount of coverage.
Additional auto insurance information can be read on the following sites:
- Determining Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Nissan Sentra in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Single Moms in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Lyft Drivers in Aurora? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Tacoma in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for State Employees in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)