Truthfully, the best way to find the cheapest price for car insurance rates is to compare prices once a year from insurance carriers who sell auto insurance in Aurora.
- Try to comprehend coverages and the factors you can control to keep rates low. Many risk factors that result in higher rates such as multiple speeding tickets and a substandard credit score can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Later in this article we will cover additional ideas to find cheap rates and get additional discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can provide prices from multiple companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage and see if you can save money. If you find better rates and switch companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Provide proper notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current policy. Submit a signed application and payment for your new policy. Immediately upon receiving it, place the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in an accessible location in your vehicle.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to compare identical coverage information on each quote and and to analyze every insurance company. This provides an accurate price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
A recent study showed that most auto insurance buyers have remained with the same auto insurance company for a minimum of four years, and just short of a majority have never compared rates to find affordable insurance. Many consumers in Aurora can save hundreds of dollars each year by just shopping around, but they just don’t want to shop their coverage around.
The majority of larger companies allow consumers to get price estimates from their websites. Comparing prices online for Volvo V60 insurance in Aurora doesn’t take much effort because you just enter the coverage amounts you desire as detailed in the form. After you complete the form, the company’s rating system gets your driving record and credit report and returns a price quote based on the information you submitted.
The ability to get online rates for Volvo V60 insurance in Aurora simplifies rate comparisons, and it’s necessary to get many rate quotes if you want to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
To quickly find out what other companies charge, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you type in the coverage information as shown on your current policy. Doing this guarantees you’re receiving a fair comparison based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free quotes in Aurora, CO. If your goal is to find the best cheap car insurance in Aurora, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Volvo V60 insurance in Aurora
Companies offering auto insurance don’t list every discount available very well, so the following is a list of some of the best known as well as the least known ways to save on car insurance.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Options like air bags can receive discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Government Employee Discount – Active or former government employment could provide a small rate reduction with a few car insurance companies.
- Sign Online – A handful of companies may give you up to $50 for completing your application on your computer.
- Driver Safety – Successfully completing a defensive driving course is a good idea and can lower rates and also improve your driving technique.
- Save with a New Car – Putting insurance on a new V60 can save you some money because newer vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Buying insurance for multiple vehicles with the same company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same company you will save approximately 10% to 15%.
Don’t be surprised that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Even though the math looks like you could get a free car insurance policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
To view providers who offer online Volvo V60 insurance quotes in Colorado, click here to view.
Get Cheaper Insurance Rates by Understanding These Factors
Many things are used when quoting car insurance. Some are pretty understandable like your driving record, but other factors are less obvious such as your credit history or your vehicle rating.
- Stay claim-free and reduce premiums – If you file a lot of claims don’t be surprised to see higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Auto insurance companies in Colorado give discounts to policyholders who file claims infrequently. Insurance coverage is designed for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
- Use credit responsibly and save – Having a bad credit rating factor in determining what you pay for auto insurance. If your credit rating is lower than you’d like, you may save money insuring your Volvo V60 if you clean up your credit. Insureds with excellent credit scores tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with bad credit.
- Do you need those incidental coverages? – Policies have additional extra coverages that sound like a good idea at the time if you aren’t diligent. Coverage for things like roadside assistance, high-cost glass coverage, and extra equipment coverage are examples of these. These may sound like a good investment at first, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so eliminate them to save money.
- Traffic violations can be expensive – Having just one citation can boost insurance rates to the point where it’s not affordable. Careful drivers pay lower auto insurance prices than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers who have received careless citations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions might be required by their state to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state in order to legally drive.
- Vehicle options that lower premiums – Choosing a vehicle that has a built-in theft deterrent system can earn a premium discount. Theft prevention features like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all help prevent auto theft and help lower rates.
- Get married and get cheaper premiums – Getting married may cut your premiums compared to being single. Having a significant other may mean you are less irresponsible and insurance companies reward insureds because married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
Volvo V60 insurance loss statistics – Companies analyze claim trends for every vehicle to help set a rate to offset losses. Vehicles that historically have increased losses will have a higher cost to insure.
The table below outlines the collected loss data for Volvo V60 vehicles. For each type of coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles as a whole equals 100. Values that are under 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while values over 100 point to more claims or a tendency for claims to be larger.
Volvo V60 Insurance Claim Statistics Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Volvo V60 2WD 68 53 Volvo V60 4WD 136 75BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Auto insurance is available from agents near you
Some consumers just prefer to buy from a local agent and that can be a great decision An additional benefit of getting online price quotes is you can get better rates and still have a local agent. And supporting neighborhood agents is especially important in Aurora.
After filling out this simple form, the coverage information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Aurora that provide free Aurora auto insurance quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You don’t have to contact any agents since price quotes are sent straight to your inbox. Get lower rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you need to compare rates from a specific company, just jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Aurora car insurance agents come in two flavors
If you prefer to buy auto insurance from a local Aurora insurance agent, you must know there are a couple different types of agencies and how they work. Agents can be classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Independent insurance agents do not write with just one company so they can quote policies with lots of companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If your agent finds better pricing, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don’t have to do anything. When shopping rates, we highly recommend that you include price quotes from several independent agencies so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Most also have access to smaller mutual companies who may have lower rates.
Below is a small list of independent insurance agents in Aurora that may be able to give free auto insurance quotes.
- A Complete Home and Auto Insurance Agency
1080 S Sable Blvd – Aurora, CO 80012 – (303) 344-2886 – View Map
- ALINK Insurance Services
3033 S Parker Rd #120 – Aurora, CO 80014 – (303) 752-6479 – View Map
- Focus Insurance Agency
2993 S Peoria St #144 – Aurora, CO 80014 – (303) 695-6220 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents can usually just insure with one company such as AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. They usually cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so keep that in mind. These agents receive extensive training on sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents. Consumers frequently buy insurance from these agents mostly because of the brand name and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Below are exclusive agents in Aurora that can give you comparison quotes.
- State Farm Insurance Agency – Jason Hart
15201 E Moncrieff Pl e – Aurora, CO 80011 – (720) 920-9043 – View Map
- Wayne Johnson – State Farm Insurance Agent
12201 E Mississippi Ave #105 – Aurora, CO 80012 – (303) 695-6262 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Patricia Davis
1627 S Havana St e – Aurora, CO 80012 – (303) 360-9831 – View Map
Deciding on an auto insurance agent requires more thought than just the premium amount. Get answers to these questions too.
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Aurora?
Once you have received reasonable responses for all questions you ask and low cost Volvo V60 insurance quotes, you have narrowed it down to a car insurance agent that meets the criteria to properly insure your vehicles.
Find cheap auto insurance prices by comparing often
We just presented a lot of tips how to compare Volvo V60 insurance prices in Aurora. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the biggest savings come from some of the smallest insurance companies.
People switch companies for a variety of reasons including questionable increases in premium, delays in paying claims, policy cancellation or even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new company is not as hard as you think.
Affordable Volvo V60 insurance in Aurora can be sourced both online and with local Aurora insurance agents, and you should be comparing both so you have a total pricing picture. Some auto insurance companies do not provide internet price quotes and most of the time these smaller companies work with independent insurance agents.
Even more information can be found at these sites:
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Hyundai Sonata in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a 20 Year Old Male in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for High Mileage Drivers in Aurora? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Real Estate Agents in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)