Buying lower-cost Aurora Jeep Cherokee insurance quotes on the internet can seem to be rather challenging for beginners to online price comparisons. With dozens of online companies, how are consumers expected to even start to compare every insurance company to find the best pricing?
Steps to finding cheaper quotes for Jeep Cherokee insurance in Aurora
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get budget Jeep Cherokee insurance is to compare prices once a year from different companies who can sell car insurance in Aurora. You can compare rates by following these steps.
- Get an understanding of how auto insurance works and the factors you can control to prevent high rates. Many factors that drive up the price such as high-risk driving behaviors and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be rectified by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Read the full article for more ideas to help prevent costly coverage and find more discounts that you may not know about.
- Compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide prices from many different companies. View insurance agents
- Compare the new quotes to your existing coverage and determine if there is any savings. If you can save money and change companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Provide written notification to your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit a down payment and signed policy application to your new company or agent. Immediately place your new certificate verifying coverage with your registration paperwork.
An important bit of advice to remember is that you’ll want to compare identical coverage information on every quote request and and to get rate quotes from as many carriers as you can. This ensures a fair price comparison and the best price quote selection.
It’s hard to believe, but a large majority of drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for a minimum of four years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared rates to find lower-cost insurance. Most drivers in Colorado could save 35% a year, but most tend to underestimate how much savings they would realize if they switched to a cheaper policy.
Consumers need to compare prices every six months because rates fluctuate regularly. If you had the best deal on Jeep Cherokee insurance in Aurora a year ago there is a good chance you can find better prices now. You can find a lot of misleading information regarding Cherokee insurance on the internet, but in a few minutes you can learn some guaranteed methods to lower your insurance rates in Aurora.
Learn How to Lower Your Insurance Rates
Lots of factors are used in the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are pretty understandable like your driving record, but some are less obvious such as your credit history and annual miles driven.
- How do annual miles impact rates? – The higher the mileage driven every year the higher your rates will be. Many insurance companies apply a rate based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks that sit idle most of the time can get a lower rate than those that get driven frequently. An improperly rated Cherokee may be wasting your money. Double check that your vehicle rating is rated on how each vehicle is driven, because it can save money.
- Pay more for higher performance vehicles – The type of car, truck or SUV you need to insure makes a huge difference in the rate you pay. Small economy passenger models usually have the lowest premiums, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
- Extra policy coverages are wasting money – There are many add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying on your car insurance policy. Insurance for things like roadside assistance, towing coverage, and extra life insurance coverage are probably not needed. These coverages may sound good initially, but now you might not need them so remove them and pocket the money.
- Insurance rates for married couples – Having a significant other can get you a discount on car insurance. Marriage demonstrates that you tend to be more mature and responsible and insurance companies reward insureds because married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Rates may be higher where you live – Being located in less populated areas of the country is a positive aspect when buying car insurance. Fewer people means fewer accidents. Urban drivers tend to have much more traffic and longer commute times. Higher commute times means higher likelihood of an accident.
Jeep Cherokee historical loss data – Insurance companies study historical loss data when they set coverage costs for each model. Models that the data determines to have increased losses will have a higher cost to insure. The next table illustrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Jeep Cherokee vehicles.
For each coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is set at 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 imply a favorable loss record, while numbers that are greater than 100 point to more frequent losses or an increased probability of a larger loss.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Jeep Cherokee Vehicles Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Jeep Cherokee 4dr 2WD 76 105 77 87 90 109 Jeep Cherokee 4dr 4WD 78 115 82 75 79 103BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
The best way to get rate comparisons for Jeep Cherokee insurance in Aurora is to know the fact most larger insurance companies participate in a system to compare rate quotes. To get started, all you need to do is give them rating details like whether the vehicles are used for commuting, the type of vehicles you drive, if the car is leased, and if it has an alarm system. That information gets sent immediately to multiple different insurance companies and they return quotes almost instantly.
If you would like to compare rates now, click here and complete the form.
The companies shown below offer price comparisons in Aurora, CO. If you want cheap car insurance in Colorado, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Auto insurance does more than just protect your car
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Jeep Cherokee in Aurora, insuring your vehicle is required by state law in Colorado and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability if you want to drive legally. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Jeep, almost every bank will require you to have full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Jeep at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects your vehicle and your assets. It also can pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you have damage to your Jeep as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is overpaying over $810 a year so we recommend shopping around every year to ensure rates are competitive.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but discounts can save money and there are some available that can drop the cost substantially. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time of purchase, but a few need to be specifically requested before you will receive the discount. If you are not receiving all the discounts you qualify for, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Senior Citizen Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you may be able to get better car insurance rates.
- Early Signing – Select companies give a discount for signing up early. You may see this discount when you get Aurora car insurance quotes online.
- Accident Free – Aurora drivers who stay claim-free have much lower rates in comparison to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Online Discount – A handful of car insurance companies may give you up to $50 shop Aurora car insurance digitally online.
- Smart Student Discounts – Maintaining excellent grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. You can use this discount normally well after school through age 25.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you have multiple policies and insure them with the same company you may save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Government Employees – Simply working for the federal government could qualify for a slight premium decrease depending on your company.
Don’t be surprised that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though you would think you could get a free car insurance policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
The best car insurance companies and a selection of discounts can be found below.
- Mercury Insurance offers premium reductions for annual mileage, location of vehicle, accident-free, low natural disaster claims, and professional/association.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for bundle discounts, mature driver, multi-car, alternative fuel, pay in full, and good student.
- Farm Bureau includes discounts for youthful driver, driver training, renewal discount, multi-vehicle, and safe driver.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including Drive Safe & Save, safe vehicle, Steer Clear safe driver discount, anti-theft, defensive driving training, and student away at school.
- Allstate may include discounts for 55 and retired, early signing, passive restraint, safe driver, and FullPay discount.
- GEICO offers discounts including emergency military deployment, good student, federal employee, anti-theft, military active duty, daytime running lights, and anti-lock brakes.
Check with every prospective company the best way to save money. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be available everywhere. To find insurance companies who offer cheap Jeep Cherokee insurance quotes in Aurora, click this link.
Insurance agent or online?
A small number of people just prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is a smart decision The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is you may find lower rates and still buy from a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, your coverage information is submitted to participating agents in Aurora that can give you free Aurora car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to even leave your home since price quotes are sent immediately to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates without requiring a lot of work. If you need to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, you can always search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right insurer shouldn’t rely on just a low price. Any good agent in Aurora should know the answers to these questions.
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
If you are wanting to purchase insurance from a local Aurora insurance agent, it helps to know the two types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance policy providers can be classified as either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company such as Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so they have no alternatives for high prices. They are usually well trained in insurance sales which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. A lot of people buy insurance from these agents partially due to the prominent brand name and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Aurora who can help you get comparison quotes.
- American Family Insurance – Rob Owens
20941 E Smoky Hill Rd Unit G – Aurora, CO 80015 – (303) 693-8877 – View Map
- Denise Smith – State Farm Insurance
1278 S Chambers Rd – Aurora, CO 80017 – (303) 343-3515 – View Map
- Robbie Wright – State Farm Insurance Agent
3091 S Jamaica Ct #130 – Aurora, CO 80014 – (303) 597-1997 – View Map
These agents are not restricted to one company so they can write business with a variety of different insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If they find a lower price, the business is moved internally and the insured can keep the same agent.
When searching for an agent, you will want to get rate quotes from independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most independent agents also contract with lesser-known insurance companies which can be an advantage.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agents in Aurora that are able to give price quote information.
- Focus Insurance Agency
2993 S Peoria St #144 – Aurora, CO 80014 – (303) 695-6220 – View Map
- A Complete Auto Insurance Agency
543 Sable Blvd – Aurora, CO 80011 – (303) 650-0060 – View Map
- MG Insurance Brokers Llc
2600 S Parker Rd # 263 – Aurora, CO 80014 – (303) 309-6200 – View Map
Situations that may require an agent’s advice
When quoting and comparing your policy, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. Your needs are unique to you so your insurance should reflect that
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining whether you may require specific advice.
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in Colorado?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- Does my Jeep Cherokee need full coverage?
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
- Is my Jeep Cherokee covered for flood damage?
- Will damage be repaired with OEM parts?
- Do I need special coverage while pulling a rented trailer?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- What if an uninsured driver hits me?
If you can’t answer these questions then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Compare but don’t skimp
As you quote Aurora car insurance, it’s very important that you do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. In too many instances, drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits and found out when filing a claim they didn’t have enough coverage. Your goal should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best possible price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Throughout this article, we presented many ideas to lower your Jeep Cherokee insurance rates in Aurora. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. Smaller companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates compared to the large companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
How to find affordable Jeep Cherokee insurance in Aurora
The recommended way to find the cheapest price for Jeep Cherokee insurance in Aurora is to start comparing prices regularly from insurers in Colorado. You can compare rates by completing these steps.
Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about how companies price auto insurance and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as inattentive driving and a negative credit history can be rectified by paying attention to minor details.
Step 2: Request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rates to your existing policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find better rates and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
Step 4: Give proper notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current policy and submit a completed policy application and payment to your new insurance company. Once the paperwork is finalized, store the certificate verifying proof of insurance in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to make sure you’re comparing identical limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get price quotes from as many companies as you can. This provides an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete price analysis.
Much more information about insurance in Colorado can be read below:
- Determining Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Nurses in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Aurora Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Under 25? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for a Honda Accord in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Aurora Auto Insurance Quotes for a Honda CR-V? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Tundra in Aurora? (FAQ)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)